Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off the field Bengal trivia
1. What Bengal was elected to the Louisiana State Senate? (Hint: he was an ophthalmologist who specialized in oculoplastic surgery)

2. What Bengal won an Olympic gold medal?

3. What Bengal won a Grammy and is a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame?

4. What Bengal was removed from his position as the Director of the American Samoa Department of Youth and Women's Affairs for assaulting his wife in front of his child?

5. What Bengal had his contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers voided for confusing the CFL with the short-lived UFL (United Football League) in an internet video? (Hint: This was after he won the TNA (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling) World Tag Team Championship)

6. What Bengal was elected to the Cincinnati City Council?

7. What Bengal was the first Harvard graduate to play in a Pro Bowl and the first to play in a Super Bowl. (Hint: had 3 receptions for 71 yards including the 43 yard game winning TD in epic upset of Steelers in -17 wind chill. The victory moved the Bengals into a tie for first place in the division with just one game left in the season)
Reply/Quote
1. Tommy Casanova

2. Tommy Smith

3. Mike Reid

4. Jonathan Fanene

5. The dude who wrestled a bear

6. Reggie Williams

7. Pat McAnalley

Bonus: Which Bengal got beat up by Clint Eastwood in a movie?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Tommy Casanova

2. Tommy Smith

3. Mike Reid

4. Jonathan Fanene

6. Reggie Williams

7. Pat McAnalley

Pete Koch... Heartbreak Ridge
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  What Bengal was elected to the Louisiana State Senate? (Hint: he was an ophthalmologist who specialized in oculoplastic surgery)

2.  What Bengal won an Olympic gold medal?

3.  What Bengal won a Grammy and is a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame?

4.  What Bengal was removed from his position as the Director of the American Samoa Department of Youth and Women's Affairs for assaulting his wife in front of his child?

5.  What Bengal had his contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers voided for confusing the CFL with the short-lived UFL (United Football League) in an internet video?  (Hint: This was after he won the TNA (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling) World Tag Team Championship)

6.  What Bengal was elected to the Cincinnati City Council?

7.  What Bengal was the first Harvard graduate to play in a Pro Bowl and the first to play in a Super Bowl.  (Hint: had 3 receptions for 71 yards including the 43 yard game winning TD in epic upset of Steelers in -17 wind chill. The victory moved the Bengals into a tie for first place in the division with just one game left in the season)

1. IDK
2. IDK
3. Ben Utecht
4. IDK
5. This sounds like a Chad Johnson thing
6. IDK
7. IDK

Honestly, this was the toughest questionaire anyone has posted recently.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Pacman was the wrestling one.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing Ron Pritchard for #5
Quote:Pritchard began wrestling following his first year with the Oilers, when he was visiting his friend Bob Lueck, a football player and wrestler, in CalgaryAlbertaCanada, and was introduced to Stu Hart. Hart trained Pritchard and a week later, Pritchard wrestled his first match against Hart.[1] Pritchard only wrestled during the off-season from football, and wrestled all over the United States, including in San Francisco for Roy Shire and Detroit for The Sheik. He wrestled against people including Ray StevensPat Patterson and Superstar Billy Graham. In 1981, Pritchard wrestled his last matches for a Christian wrestling promotion in Arizona.[1]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That fanene incident made me sad. He was and still is the only Bengals/former Bengals player I've ever met. I took a picture with him and had him sign a hat when I was a sophomore in highschool. Maybe I'll post the picture if I can find it.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 11:13 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: That fanene incident made me sad. He was and still is the only Bengals/former Bengals player I've ever met. I took a picture with him and had him sign a hat when I was a sophomore in highschool. Maybe I'll post the picture if I can find it.

I remember him being like, damn you're big lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Tommy Casanova

2. Tommy Smith

3. Mike Reid

4. Jonathan Fanene

6. Reggie Williams

7. Pat McAnalley

(02-13-2021, 06:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Pacman was the wrestling one.

These are the correct answers (except correct spelling is Pat McInally)

Rep to Bfine for the Pete Koch question.  Koch was a first round pick.
Reply/Quote
BTW Casanova, Reid, and McInally were all First Team All Pro players.

Reggie Williams started 196 regular season games for the Bengals and was a key part of both Super Bowl teams. He was 35 for the '88 playoffs, but had a sack in every postseason game and played great in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  What Bengal was elected to the Louisiana State Senate? (Hint: he was an ophthalmologist who specialized in oculoplastic surgery) Tommy Casanova

2.  What Bengal won an Olympic gold medal?  Tommie Smith

3.  What Bengal won a Grammy and is a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame?  Mike Reid

4.  What Bengal was removed from his position as the Director of the American Samoa Department of Youth and Women's Affairs for assaulting his wife in front of his child?  Rey Maulaluga

5.  What Bengal had his contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers voided for confusing the CFL with the short-lived UFL (United Football League) in an internet video?  (Hint: This was after he won the TNA (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling) World Tag Team Championship)  Tom Dinkel?  flat out guess

6.  What Bengal was elected to the Cincinnati City Council?  Reggie Williams

7.  What Bengal was the first Harvard graduate to play in a Pro Bowl and the first to play in a Super Bowl.  (Hint: had 3 receptions for 71 yards including the 43 yard game winning TD in epic upset of Steelers in -17 wind chill. The victory moved the Bengals into a tie for first place in the division with just one game left in the season) Pat McInally

Thanks to Fred for skewing toward old school trivia. I did better on this one than the other ones.

Extra bonus question: Which German-born player implausibly loved Budweisers? No accounting for taste. Called them "'Weisers."
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 11:20 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I remember him being like, damn you're big lol

Can you play Guard?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:35 PM)jason Wrote: Can you play Guard?

Probably just as well as jordan can lol
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 5.  What Bengal had his contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers voided for confusing the CFL with the short-lived UFL (United Football League) in an internet video?  (Hint: This was after he won the TNA (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling) World Tag Team Championship)

Which former Bengal player and Cincinnati native was the pro wrestling  Tag Team partner of Stone Cold Steve Austin in a duo known as the Hollywood Blonds?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 06:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Pacman was the wrestling one.

Speaking of Pac Man:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-ex-bengals-cb-adam-pacman-jones-arrested-charged-with-assault-151855947.html

Quote:Adam "Pacman" Jones is in trouble with the law again.

Arrest records from Hamilton County, Ohio, show that the former Cincinnati Bengals cornerback was arrested early Monday morning on a misdemeanor assault charge. According to Cincinnati TV station WCPO, Jones was arrested after allegedly punching and kicking a person in the head until they were unconscious.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote