Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off to a great start!
Guy with 8 HR last year hits his first one at his first at bat this year!
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 05:18 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: Guy with 8 HR last year hits his first one at his first at bat this year!

Pretty sure the Reds will not go undefeated.  Also sure they won't go o-fer either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Reds looked, well, um, uh, they looked bad. Sick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote: Pretty sure the Reds will not go undefeated.  Also sure they won't go o-fer either.

I don't think they'll go undefeated. But when you were bad last year, expected to be bad this year, and then your first batter hits a home run.. It shows that the reds are not off to a good start. 
Reply/Quote
reds won tonight 2-0!! woot woot
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 11:39 PM)magikod Wrote: reds won tonight 2-0!! woot woot

Great pitching tonight.  Votto off the snide with a long ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Finnegan looked fantastic!
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
The Reds are 2-1 and tied for first place! Woot woot!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I expect a season of a lot of peaks and valleys. When they're going good, we'll see the talent of these young players. When it's going bad, we'll see their inexperience.
Reply/Quote
The bullpen looks good. Only one run given up on a bad judgment play in right. Hopefully, they don't have to pitch their arms off.

I kinda like this team.

If we get a big year from Votto, the bullpen pitches well and some of the young starters get better as the year wears on, the Reds really might not suck.

Obviously, it's early but success breeds success and confidence is everything.

Reply/Quote
What?? Back to back shutouts? You have to be kidding me. These guys suck ass, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 11:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What??  Back to back shutouts?  You have to be kidding me.  These guys suck ass, right?

And they have no pitching either.

Reply/Quote
8-0, over the dreaded Cardinals? Who are these guys?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Alright, alright. I spoke too soon. Ninja

But there are a loooooooot of games. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 08:34 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: Alright, alright. I spoke too soon.  Ninja

But there are a loooooooot of games.  Cool

The Accountant redeemed himself yesterday.

Reply/Quote
It's just a conspiracy to prevent the Bengals from having a home opener as the Reds play great all season and keep fans from wanting to pack into PBS.. I might be on to something here you say? Nah, I'm just on something. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Reds have the best record in all of baseball right now. Enjoy it while it lasts.

All kidding aside, they are playing great ball and the irony is, their best player hasn't really contributed yet.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 10:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I expect a season of a lot of peaks and valleys. When they're going good, we'll see the talent of these young players. When it's going bad, we'll see their inexperience.

Well... after a strong start things cooled. finnegan misses a few starts, disco + Homer are still out ,as is Mesoraco.
I grew up on the Reds then was omn the west Coast. The aA"s HAD a lot of great talent pass thru, but as time passed it was clear that a LOW budget team has a very short window.   Just as they built something... they'd fire sale stars they could not afford. for awhile they seemed to reboot well.. but as things CHANGEDyou have LESS time between when a player becomes GOOD and when he's out of the $ zone you can afford.   We got a couple PRIME years from Cueto,Frazier,Chapman.   Now they are gone.    Baseball is SCREWED up for the small market teams.   maybe 5-6 teams can afford to compete every year.
Others can peak.. but then they have to sell off their top stuff.  Basketball + Football have CAPS to keep the WHOL:E league relevant.   Eventually baseball needs to do the same or  the smaller cities  will see that the whole thing is a stacked deck.
Reply/Quote