Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offense has synergy
I think until the bad pick by Burrow (it was sure nice of Piggy to throw it to Hilton for a pick-6, though, since Apple was just short of getting in the end zone on his pick), I think it was said that the Bengals had scored on something like 9 straight possessions, dating back to the Raider game.

It may sound overly simplistic, but I believe a lot of what is happening is the adjustment to Ja'Marr Chase. If teams are going to have safety help deep with him, it opens up the run game and the underneath routes for the likes of Boyd, Higgins, and the TEs/RBs.

I know the steeler defense has been suspect against the run, but they had Watt back and their LBs were out there as well. So was Minkah. The Bengal's line simply mauled them. It was a thing of beauty.

The defense held their own as well, and I love that they got the starters out of there and got a little time to evaluate some other guys.

This offense is so diverse and can beat you in so many ways right now. Damn, it is fun to watch. When the biggest concern I have after the game is "I wish they could get Boyd more targets", it is a pretty damn good day.

Who Dey, my friends! Enjoy this one!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's great to see how different players
Are simply just taking over and making plays when their
Number is called.

Uzomah vs the Jags and Ravens
Mixon vs the Raiders and Steelers
Chase vs the Steelers Ravens Vikings Lions
Higgins vs the Steelers

Tyler Boyd is due for a game where he takes over

On the oline Adeniji has,really brought consistency
To that RG spot. He is looking like a legit 6th RD steal
Reply/Quote
My most pleasant surprise was seeing so many different plays. I don't recall seeing a play run a 2nd time until... midway through the 2nd quarter?
I believe I saw Burrow completed passes to SEVEN different players on the day.
Reply/Quote
x2 on Boyd

Ps. Took the Bengals all year to figure out they have the talent and can kill people w small ball.

No need to constantly force 80 year plays when there is a 5-yard gimme

As a bonus, it was so nice to see Burrow finally tuck it and run.
One more thing that’s been missing IMHO.
Reply/Quote
I want to say TJ Watt is a douche, but to keep it on topic I will say the Bengals offense abused that douche TJ Watt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Funny, but it was not too long ago that Taylor was stupid at calling plays because he tried to establish the running game. Burrow was the key to our offense and he should be throwing the ball a lot more.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny, but it was not too long ago that Taylor was stupid at calling plays because he tried to establish the running game.  Burrow was the key to our offense and he should be throwing the ball a lot more.

Whatever is working as far as I'm concerned, and if you can run the ball, there is a lot less that can go wrong.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny, but it was not too long ago that Taylor was stupid at calling plays because he tried to establish the running game.  Burrow was the key to our offense and he should be throwing the ball a lot more.

Succinct and accurate. The Bengals are definitely giving me an emotional ride this season. That's what makes this forum great, it's a place to get it out of the system with hot takes.  Lesson learned, if Taylor, Burrow, and the team are going to experience success for the long run, it's going to require patience from fans like me to enjoy the ride when there are tough losses against teams like the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think until the bad pick by Burrow (it was sure nice of Piggy to throw it to Hilton for a pick-6, though, since Apple was just short of getting in the end zone on his pick), I think it was said that the Bengals had scored on something like 9 straight possessions, dating back to the Raider game.

It may sound overly simplistic, but I believe a lot of what is happening is the adjustment to Ja'Marr Chase.  If teams are going to have safety help deep with him, it opens up the run game and the underneath routes for the likes of Boyd, Higgins, and the TEs/RBs.

I know the steeler defense has been suspect against the run, but they had Watt back and their LBs were out there as well.  So was Minkah.  The Bengal's line simply mauled them.  It was a thing of beauty.

The defense held their own as well, and I love that they got the starters out of there and got a little time to evaluate some other guys.  

This offense is so diverse and can beat you in so many ways right now.  Damn, it is fun to watch.  When the biggest concern I have after the game is "I wish they could get Boyd more targets", it is a pretty damn good day.  

Who Dey, my friends!  Enjoy this one!

That's pretty much what Burrow said in his pressor. He said he throws where the defense tells him to. If the safety moves over to Chase's side, he'll go to Higgins, if they double Higgins he'll go to Boyd, or he can go to Uzomah or Mixon. He has a LOT of weapons to throw to.
Reply/Quote