Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offense when AJ returns.
When AJ Green returns from injury this team should switch to a pass first Spread Offense. The Offensive Line keeps getting decimated by opposing defenses and they can't get the run game going at all. I say DON'T do what you can't. And DO what works.

AJ
Ross
Boyd
Tate

Gio
Reply/Quote
Keeping one of your best players in Mixon on the bench is not a good way to go about winning.

He averaged 4.1 yds today, while not great, is a hell of a lot better than the last couple weeks. And the Bills have a nasty defense. So that’s encouraging to me. If he can run for 60 on them he should be able to put up some 100+ games vs teams with worse defenses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If I was AJ , I'd be like.. "Nah" And demand a trade
Reply/Quote
Just imagine the variety of 1 yard WR screens we'll be able to run with Green. For instance, we can send Ross in motion and fake a Jet Sweep, then fake a screen to Bernard, fake a screen to Boyd, and throw a screen to Green for 1 yard.
Reply/Quote
nope trade him for a draft pick, the season is over, complete rebuild like Miami

too many holes to fill
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:14 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: When AJ Green returns from injury this team should switch to a pass first Spread Offense. The Offensive Line keeps getting decimated by opposing defenses and they can't get the run game going at all. I say DON'T do what you can't. And DO what works.

AJ
Ross
Boyd
Tate

Gio

What exactly does Gio do that works? Mixon is better at every part of the RB position, including receiving and running after the catch. Mixon should have been out there on that last drive today.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:02 PM)BengalChris Wrote: What exactly does Gio do that works? Mixon is better at every part of the RB position, including receiving and running after the catch. Mixon should have been out there on that last drive today.

Agreed. Gio's role could be played by a rookie...but they pay him as a Top 15 back.

He isn't even effective receiving.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:02 PM)BengalChris Wrote: What exactly does Gio do that works? Mixon is better at every part of the RB position, including receiving and running after the catch. Mixon should have been out there on that last drive today.

Was Joseph tired right after that 50+ yard play? No idea...
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:14 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: When AJ Green returns from injury this team should switch to a pass first Spread Offense. The Offensive Line keeps getting decimated by opposing defenses and they can't get the run game going at all. I say DON'T do what you can't. And DO what works.

AJ
Ross
Boyd
Tate

Gio

They should just try AJ out on the O-Line. He'd probably put at least more effort in than some of the bums that they're rolling out there every week.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

I’d say Gio is the better blocker, but that’s about it.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say Gio is the better blocker, but that’s about it.

He's better at cashing Top 15 RB checks than Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:59 PM)corpjet Wrote: nope trade him for a draft pick, the season is over, complete rebuild like Miami

too many holes to fill

Tiger
Agreed. Blow it up! Trade Andy for picks. Trade AJ for picks or better than average OT. Trade Geno for picks. Play Finley the rest of the year. Hell, he may wind up being someone ZT can mold into being a franchise QB. If not, package some picks and move up as far as possible in the draft and  get ZT's QB there. Along with starting caliber OT's and Guards...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:27 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger
Agreed. Blow it up! Trade Andy for picks. Trade AJ for picks or better than average OT. Trade Geno for picks. Play Finley the rest of the year. Hell, he may wind up being someone ZT can mold into being a franchise QB. If not, package some picks and move up as far as possible in the draft and  get ZT's QB there. Along with starting caliber OT's and Guards...

If they keep losing like this they won't need to trade up cause they'll have the top pick.

Of course, we have no idea of who they'd pick anyways.

The lack of upgrading at obvious weak positions yet again falls squarely on the front office.

Reply/Quote