Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Coordinator question
In your opinion who was our last OC you would say was a good OC? To add to that would you like to see that person be the OC combined with Joe Burrow?
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson

Hell No
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would say Hue was our best coordinator by far in the last 20 years and I wouldn't mind him working with Burrow.

The biggest problem with this team is the IOL and has been for years. That needs to be fixed just as much as the play calling.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden or Hue Jackson — and yes!
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson and no.
Reply/Quote
Like other’s have said, it was Hue.

But no I don’t want him anywhere near this team. I’d be too afraid he’d end up our next HC.

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I thought Lazor was off to an amazing start, until he lost all of his playmakers. I’d rather go with someone new though. Joe Brady would have been nice.
Reply/Quote
Brat's Offense had far more consistent success then Hue or Gruden did.

No, I wouldn't want him back his Offense is outdated now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 01:12 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: In your opinion who was our last OC you would say was a good OC? To add to that would you like to see that person be the OC combined with Joe Burrow?

Hue was the last good one here.. he had the offense rolling....     Jay Gruden wasnt bad either..

Id be fine with either over ZT and BC
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: Brat's Offense had far more consistent success then Hue or Gruden did.

No, I wouldn't want him back his Offense is outdated now.

I'd take Brat back as OC.  At least I know he can call a good offensive game plan.  

I look at the game plan yesterday and I just wonder who the f*** drew up that game plan?  
Reply/Quote
Hue was who I was thinking also. I thought Gruden abandoned the run too much at times for my liking. I really wish Zac would let go of play calling duties.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:17 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I'd take Brat back as OC.  At least I know he can call a good offensive game plan.  

I look at the game plan yesterday and I just wonder who the f*** drew up that game plan?  

back to we didnt have the whole offseason to plan for this game  type planning.  lol
Reply/Quote
Why in the heck would we want to go back to an OC from the years of mediocre. If we replace Taylor/Callahan, we need a winner.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why in the heck would we want to go back to an OC from the years of mediocre. If we replace Taylor/Callahan, we need a winner.

What years are you talking about?

We haven't seen an offense with the success Brat had since... 

Besides, mediocrity is an upgrade to what we've seen the last 3 years.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why in the heck would we want to go back to an OC from the years of mediocre. If we replace Taylor/Callahan, we need a winner.

neither Gruden or Jackson had losing seasons here when they were OC...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: neither Gruden or Jackson had losing seasons here when they were OC...

Do we want winning seasons, or do we want post season wins? All I'm saying is none of you were happy with the way things were when they were here, so why get them back? Why not strive for more instead of bringing in retreads? If we change coaching staffs, I want someone who has never been here before. (with the possible exception of Mike Zimmer)
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:06 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Hue was who I was thinking also. I thought Gruden abandoned the run too much at times for my liking. I really wish Zac would let go of play calling duties.

Completely agree I've seen enough of zac Taylor the play caller..
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do we want winning seasons, or do we want post season wins? All I'm saying is none of you were happy with the way things were when they were here, so why get them back? Why not strive for more instead of bringing in retreads? If we change coaching staffs, I want someone who has never been here before. (with the possible exception of Mike Zimmer)
Why would Zimmer be the exception?? Hue Jackson's offense was was tops in the league before Andy got hurt in 15..Zimmer on the other hand would wet the bed in playoff games every year he was here..his playoff run defense was atrocious allowing a  whopping 5.7ypc avg..
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:13 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Why would Zimmer be the exception?? Hue Jackson's offense was was tops in the league before Andy got hurt in 15..Zimmer on the other hand would wet the bed in playoff games every year he was here..his playoff run defense was atrocious allowing a  whopping 5.7ypc avg..

At least we'd be back to crying about playoff losses. 

As of now we are lucky to get over 4 win seasons. 

Baby steps. We need to take some.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like other’s have said, it was Hue.

But no I don’t want him anywhere near this team. I’d be too afraid he’d end up our next HC.

We could do worse and did.
Reply/Quote