Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Holding?
Where was it today? They did it a ton, we probably did some as well. Where the hell were the calls today?

Offensive holding was the worst offense, but there were hits on defensless receivers, PI down the field and defense holding BOTH WAYS that were not called. WTH was going on out there today?
Reply/Quote
Both teams got away with a metric shit ton today. Kinda surprising considering they were supposed to be super strict. Oh well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a foul and it costs an offense 10 yards with a repeat of the down....

Unless you are in putzburgh, in which case it is perfectly legal. Did it at least 8 blatant times and greatly impacted the game. I would instruct our guys to flail more when held and swing their arms to draw attention.

It was enough to make you want to vomit.

Until what I saw at the end of the game....then I realized that is all going to end well (pending thread reference)
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a foul and it costs an offense 10 yards with a repeat of the down....

Unless you are in putzburgh, in which case it is perfectly legal.  Did it at least 8 blatant times and greatly impacted the game.  I would instruct our guys to flail more when held and swing their arms to draw attention.  

It was enough to make you want to vomit.  

Until what I saw at the end of the game....then I realized that is all going to end well (pending thread reference)

Every Coates pass was aided by a blatant offensive holding. It's a shame everyone will turn the cold shoulder because we are the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Im serious, I have never seen so many obvious holding penalties with refs right there not called. Just amazing.
Reply/Quote
Yep.  At some point it becomes... why even bother playing the game?
Reply/Quote
The Steelers get more calls than Anthony Weiner's dates.
Reply/Quote
Some of the holds by the Steelers o-line were so blatant and so obvious that the only rational explanation for why no flags were thrown is that the refs were willfully ignoring them.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
What about this: blatant false start by Pouncey= offsides Bengals??
Reply/Quote
Uh.. Guys. They announced the rule change before the game. Holding was totally legal.

Honestly i blame Marvin. Any head coach worth a damn would be blowing up on the sideline chewing ass. The oldest head coach in the league pete carrol was going ape shit today. Marvin shows zero fire. How do you expect players to play hard when the head coach doesnt even defend them?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Uh.. Guys. They announced the rule change before the game. Holding was totally legal.

Honestly i blame Marvin. Any head coach worth a damn would be blowing up on the sideline chewing ass. The oldest head coach in the league pete carrol was going ape shit today. Marvin shows zero fire. How do you expect players to play hard when the head coach doesnt even defend them?

Would NOT be surprised if he throws Boyd under the bus for "leaving it in the hands of the officials". Marvin is a soft as his build. 
Reply/Quote
Man they were tackling Dunlap about every play and Geno about every other play.

They let both teams DB's play today, but their oline shoulda had 10 holds. They were easy calls, saw tons live no slowmo replay needed
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Uh.. Guys. They announced the rule change before the game. Holding was totally legal.

Not defending Marvin, but what positive effect did Carroll's rampage have on the team or the outcome of the game??
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not defending Marvin, but what positive effect did Carroll's rampage have on the team or the outcome of the game??

Maybe none. But how would you feel as a player watching coach A give bullshit refs a dose of swears vs coach B looking like he's in the peak of a OxyContin buzz?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:35 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Maybe none. But how would you feel as a player watching coach A give bullshit refs a dose of swears vs coach B looking like he's in the peak of a OxyContin buzz?

If it doesn't fire the player(s) up then I think it's all wasted energy.

Just like the Harbaugh brothers.  Great coaches but excessive whiners whenever calls go against them.  I see no positive results in that as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not defending Marvin, but what positive effect did Carroll's rampage have on the team or the outcome of the game??

Who cares ? Thats not the point. Marvin tells players to not complain to refs. They cant fight for themselves because he will do it. When the head coach isnt pointing out obvious officiating flaws that are putting his team at a disadvantage then wtf is the point of having a game manager head coach like marvin? He calls time outs and throws the challenge flag, and he isnt very good at it. He doesnt motivate players and he damn sure doesnt defend them and his team from unfair officiating.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If it doesn't fire the player(s) up then I think it's all wasted energy.

Just like the Harbaugh brothers.  Great coaches but excessive whiners whenever calls go against them.  I see no positive results in that as well.

If we had a heaf coach that argued for his team , maybe we wouldnt hhave to play against the refs yevery time
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If we had a heaf coach that argued for his team , maybe we wouldnt hhave to play against the refs yevery time

Says you.  To be honest, I am stunned that flags aren't thrown on coaches in football.  A coach would NEVER get away with all that foolishness in basketball or baseball.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who cares ? Thats not the point. Marvin tells players to not complain to refs. They cant fight for themselves because he will do it. When the head coach isnt pointing out obvious officiating flaws that are putting his team at a disadvantage then wtf is the point of having a game manager head coach like marvin? He calls time outs and throws the challenge flag, and he isnt very good at it. He doesnt motivate players and he damn sure doesnt defend them and his team from unfair officiating.
Again, what difference will it make?  You're just pissed off because they lost and so many forum fans react the same way whenever the team loses!  Fire everybody!  
Reply/Quote
I hear so much how Ben can extend the plays and today it became obvious why. Every time the line broke down and Ben had to scramble the defensive players chasing him were either in a chokehold or dragging an offensive lineman behind them holding on to their arms. I know you could ticky-tack call holding on every play but it is stupidly obvious when someone is chasing a qb and gets tackled or spun around once they break through the line.
Reply/Quote