Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Holding?
(09-18-2016, 11:07 PM)OhCincyfan Wrote: I hear so much how Ben can extend the plays and today it became obvious why.  Every time the line broke down and Ben had to scramble the defensive players chasing him were either in a chokehold or dragging an offensive lineman behind them holding on to their arms.  I know you could ticky-tack call holding on every play but it is stupidly obvious when someone is chasing a qb and gets tackled or spun around once they break through the line.

Forearms were around throats and fabric was being stretched. It was amazing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Again, what difference will it make?  You're just pissed off because they lost and so many forum fans react the same way whenever the team loses!  Fire everybody!  

A head coach arguing bullshit calls and motivating his team would probably make a big difference. 

I think barking in the refs ear every single time they held us would have gotten us at least one favorable flag.
Reply/Quote
Wait-was there literally not one offensive holding call on either team? I don't think I've ever seen that happen in any football game ever.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Wait-was there literally not one offensive holding call on either team? I don't think I've ever seen that happen in any football game ever.

Whit got called for a hold.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Whit got called for a hold.

Oh. Good. I was worried.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:18 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Oh. Good. I was worried.  Mellow

Yea that call felt like a giant "**** you" from the officials after our Dline got their jerseys wrung out all game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Says you.  To be honest, I am stunned that flags aren't thrown on coaches in football.  A coach would NEVER get away with all that foolishness in basketball or baseball.

They do it in all sports but you are right about no consequences in football obviously. 

They get T'd up in basketball yet it does not deter them from trying to motivate teams this way on occasion. 

Lou Piniella had some classic tirades and will never forget him kicking dirt on the umpires shoes. 

Not saying it is right or wrong.  But it definitely happens.

Good point you made though and surprised there is not a flag thrown when they cross a line.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What about this: blatant false start by Pouncey= offsides Bengals??

Yep, the refs let Ben call that one for them it seemed. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Uh.. Guys. They announced the rule change before the game. Holding was totally legal.

Honestly i blame Marvin. Any head coach worth a damn would be blowing up on the sideline chewing ass. The oldest head coach in the league pete carrol was going ape shit today. Marvin shows zero fire. How do you expect players to play hard when the head coach doesnt even defend them?
I have been saying this for 13-14 years. It will never change because Mikey doesn't want it to change.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A head coach arguing bullshit calls and motivating his team would probably make a big difference. 

I think barking in the refs ear every single time they held us would have gotten us at least one favorable flag.

Heck yes! might as well try it. We know saying/doing nothing all these years hasn't worked. Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A head coach arguing bullshit calls and motivating his team would probably make a big difference. 

Agree, Im used to seeing Marvin just standing there like a Deer in headlights but i was shocked to not even see any players complain. Other coaches get on the refs and by the end of the game, maybe just maybe that ref will think twice about calling or not calling something.
Reply/Quote
Maurkice Pouncey chop-blocked Geno Atkins right in front of the referee in the second quarter. Geno face-planted; it was that obvious. The official must have been looking elsewhere...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:30 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Man they were tackling Dunlap about every play and Geno about every other play.  

They let both teams DB's play today, but their oline shoulda had 10 holds.  They were easy calls, saw tons live no slowmo replay needed

I laughed whenever they would show a slow motion replay of Pig Ben and you would see bear-hugs, neck grabs, etc. and the announcers would awkwardly say something like: "uh, might have a little hold there".

One of the more impressive acting jobs I have ever seen was Antonio Brown couldn't get a Pig Ben pass to the sideline so he spun his body in the direction it would have gone if Jones had pulled his back side for leverage.  When I saw it live, I said "Damn, that's PI", but when they showed the opposite angle, Jones didn't even touch his back....Brown spun HIMSELF that direction since he knew he wasn't going to get the ball.  

Honestly, they must be coached on that and it is really pure genius.  
Reply/Quote
Why even rush 4 then?

That game made me not want to watch anymore Cincinnati VS Pittsburg games. They cheated us in the playoffs, and cheated us today. Its just too much. The league clearly hates us and loves Pittsburg.

Only way you could disagree is if you were a Pitt fan. Its clear as day. I was on Twitter for an hour after the game and EVERYBODY thought the officiating was horribly one sided.....again
Reply/Quote

A slight possibility against anyone except Steelers, Packers, or Patriots.
Reply/Quote
After some deliberation and conversation with my son, I think my son hit the nail on the head about the coach sticking up for the players and getting in the refs ear.

I do see some merit to that for the Bengals, against any other team but the Steelers, because after the Vine post, I am convinced it will do no good because the deck is stacked.

However, I will agree with my son comparing Lewis's personality to Dungy. Both are very passive and Dungy never got riled at the refs. Yes Dungy won a SB, but he also had a seasoned Peyton Manning.

However the most important point my son made was, very unlikely for people's personalities to change up.
Reply/Quote