Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line Prospects
Alot of Penei Sewell Threads but none about just offensive line prospects. The Bengals probably need several new offensive linemen figured we could have a thread discussing the entire class.

I specifically wanted to talk about Alabama's Center Landon Dickerson. He has been the best center in college football in 2020 and was very good in 2019. His draft stock was rising to compete against Wyatt Davis, Creed Humphrey, and Alijah Vera-Tucker as the top IOL. He was hands down the best player on a very talented Alabama Offensive Line. A knee injury has killed his draft rise and there is a high possibility he will be PUPed or miss all of 2021 completely....

Dickerson is still a player the Bengals should consider snagging day 3. He has position versatility at Center/Guard and even has the length and athleticism to step out and play emergency tackle. Not only is Dickerson a great football prospect he is a leader and well respected in the locker room. He is the type that brings a edge and makes everyone around him want to be better.

I would not hate taking Landon Dickerson in the 5th round...and even though I would grimace slightly because of his availability in 2021 I could see teams taking him in the 4th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly Creed Humphrey is my favorite OL not named Sewell.

You know you’re good at your job when OU lost 4 starting OL last year and Creed made it an easy tradition. High intellect guy who used to wrestle.
Reply/Quote
An interior Olineman that has intrigued me the last couple of years is Ben Cleveland/OG/UGA.

This is his first year as a starter and he's doing quite well. The guy is also stupid strong.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 12:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Honestly Creed Humphrey is my favorite OL not named Sewell.

You know you’re good at your job when OU lost 4 starting OL last year and Creed made it an easy tradition. High intellect guy who used to wrestle.

gotta lovet he name "Creed" at least
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 08:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of Penei Sewell Threads but none about just offensive line prospects. The Bengals probably need several new offensive linemen figured we could have a thread discussing the entire class.

I specifically wanted to talk about Alabama's Center Landon Dickerson. He has been the best center in college football in 2020 and was very good in 2019. His draft stock was rising to compete against Wyatt Davis, Creed Humphrey, and Alijah Vera-Tucker as the top IOL. He was hands down the best player on a very talented Alabama Offensive Line. A knee injury has killed his draft rise and there is a high possibility he will be PUPed or miss all of 2021 completely....

Dickerson is still a player the Bengals should consider snagging day 3. He has position versatility at Center/Guard and even has the length and athleticism to step out and play emergency tackle. Not only is Dickerson a great football prospect he is a leader and well respected in the locker room. He is the type that brings a edge and makes everyone around him want to be better.

I would not hate taking Landon Dickerson in the 5th round...and even though I would grimace slightly because of his availability in 2021 I could see teams taking him in the 4th.

Tyler Linderbaum is calling.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
What does everyone think of Vera-Tucker LG for USC?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:53 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: What does everyone think of Vera-Tucker LG for USC?

I think he is a very safe prospect. He has actually shown a decent ability to play tackle this year so having some flexibility is always good with the way injuries tend to go. I like guys like that, one of the reasons I like him and Slater is that versatility that lets them come in and find a spot wherever it makes sense versus saying they are coming to play one position and you hope it works out. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think my favorite OT after Sewell is Liam Eichenberg. The guy hasn’t allowed a sack since week 5 of 2018 and he’s obviously played against top notch competition being at Notre Dame. The school and recent history of quality lineman is also a major plus in my book. Very high IQ and never bites on stunts, powerful run blocker and great at down field blocking on screens and such.

Welcome to the fan club.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Thanks. Is it just the two of us? I actually would take him over Slater as an OT.

Not sure but I will guess it'll go up after the season ends. As for Slater, I like him as well and I think I'd lean towards him if we had the choice only because his position flexibility could come in handy in another year like we saw that required us to shuffle the line. I'd also like to see what if anything we do in FA. If for instance, we can get a good but old tackle Slater makes sense because of his ability to play guard for a year before moving to Tackle whereas I think Eichenberg finds himself as a Tackle or nothing type of guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 08:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of Penei Sewell Threads but none about just offensive line prospects. The Bengals probably need several new offensive linemen figured we could have a thread discussing the entire class.

Really I don't trust the evaluation of offensive lineman or training them by this team at all.  They should spend every dollar in free agency on veteran proven guys

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: An interior Olineman that has intrigued me the last couple of years is Ben Cleveland/OG/UGA.

This is his first year as a starter and he's doing quite well. The guy is also stupid strong.

He's opted out of the Peach Bowl, so he's definitely going into the draft.  I wonder f he'll last til round 3.
Reply/Quote
I like Cosmi in 2nd round if available
Reply/Quote
As a center, Josh Myers from Ohio State was dominant last night. That guy will be rising. I know after the failures of Elflein and Price, no one here will want him but he is a heck of a player.

As an OT prospect that I really like as our RT of the future, I really like Daniel Faalele from Minnesota. He opted out for 2020, which could be good or bad for the Bengals. I don't see him going higher than Round 3, but he is 6'8" and 400 lbs. When I watched him play last year, it was like watching a video game code that made one player bigger and stronger than everyone else. He has incredibly long limbs. A speed rusher tried to run outside him, and he basically punched him with one hand and the guy flew about 5 yards and landed on his back. He is a road grader that actually has really good agility for a man of his size. A former rugby player (!) he moves amazingly well for a guy with such size.

He is very raw, but the talent and upside is there. I would keep Hart (not going to be popular here) for another year and groom Faalele to take over mid-season and ease him in with some series here and there early on.

It keeps Jonah at LT, and allows the Bengals to get a WR like Chase in Rd 1 and go with a DT like Baremore in Rd 2.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think my favorite OT after Sewell is Liam Eichenberg. The guy hasn’t allowed a sack since week 5 of 2018 and he’s obviously played against top notch competition being at Notre Dame. The school and recent history of quality lineman is also a major plus in my book. Very high IQ and never bites on stunts, powerful run blocker and great at down field blocking on screens and such.

Big fan of Eichenberg! I also really like Mayfield from Michigan as a pure RT as well as Cleveland at guard. Not a big Wyatt Davis fan. Good run blocker but very slow to react in pass sets with stunts or blitzes.
Reply/Quote

I am a fan of ND so yes I have bias. I think he will be a solid OT in the NFL. I think he may be available in round 2. An interesting draft for us would:

Round 1- Miami Hurricanes defensive end Greg Rousseau

Round 2 - OT Liam Eichenberg (his name is a throw back to RT for The Steelers Tunch Ilkin who was a very good OL

Round 3 - WR (the draft is loaded at WR and I think our early 3rd round pick there will be a Diggs type guy available
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree with all that. I’d still go Eichenberg mostly because he played this year and he’s coming from Notre Dame. I think he compares nicely to McGlinchey who was projected as a mid to late first rounder and ended up at 9. I would then look at drafting somebody like Carman or Dickerson in the 2nd to get position flexibility.

All drafts are different and OT's are definitely normally over valued and over drafted but I can see in top 10, 3 QB's taken and 3 WR's and 1 OT, 1 LB and 1 CB.

He may not make it round 2, but grabbing him with the 5th pick in my opinion is reaching and a mistake.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
An olineman that is becoming more and more attractive to me as the process continues is Trey Smith. When you read expert reports and they constantly disagree on weakness it generally means their are not many. For instance you will read one that says "heavy footed" then you'll read the next that says "exceptional footwork".

WTS, they all agree on strength and that is powerful with a punch and athletic. I'ved seen a couple that have his name and Quiten Nelson in the same sentence. Smith is a Nelson clone in build and power.

Reply/Quote
bfine's got a new favorite:

[Image: v3imagesbin3ede8389bc959db937e7a4eb8c6c2...80x930.jpg]

DANIEL FAALELE: 6'9", 400 lbs.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine's got a new favorite:

[Image: v3imagesbin3ede8389bc959db937e7a4eb8c6c2...80x930.jpg]

DANIEL FAALELE: 6'9", 400 lbs.
my worry on him is he is more of a development pick than start day  1... thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 01:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: An olineman that is becoming more and more attractive to me as the process continues is Trey Smith. When you read expert reports and they constantly disagree on weakness it generally means their are not many. For instance you will read one that says "heavy footed" then you'll read the next that says "exceptional footwork".

WTS, they all agree on strength and that is powerful with a punch and athletic. I'ved seen a couple that have his name and Quiten Nelson in the same sentence. Smith is a Nelson clone in build and power.

If still there I could see him as our 2nd round pick if we dont go Oline in 1st round..really depends on what we do in FA
Reply/Quote