Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line Prospects
If the Bengals decide to take an offensive linemen at 33 or 65 here some guys I like

At #33
Josh Jones, OT Houston
Cesar Ruiz IOL Michigan
Lloyd Cushenberry IOL LSU

At #65
Lucas Niang OT TCU
Matt Hennessy IOL Temple
Matthew Peart OT UConn
Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin

I would be very happy with any one of these guys on day 2.

Some day 3 guys.

Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
Solomon Kindley IOL Georgia
Michael Onwenu IOL Michigan
Terrance Steele OT/G Texas Tech
John Runyan OT/G Michigan
Kevin Dotson IOL Lousiana
Gage Cervenka IOL Clemson
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’d take a flyer on Jon Runyan Jr. I like players with nfl bloodlines and familiarity with how to be a pro.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 07:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d take a flyer on Jon Runyan Jr. I like players with nfl bloodlines and familiarity with how to be a pro.

I was going to say the samething. Runyan pretty much kept Chase Young at bay the entire game between OSU and Myshitcan.
Reply/Quote
Put me on the Runyan train. I like this guy a lot especially in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
I'm big on all 3 Michigan guys. I wouldn't hate Ruiz in the 2nd and Onwenu in the 4th rebuild the interior offensive line. I know everyone is hard on Hart but the interior line was worse.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 09:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm big on all 3 Michigan guys. I wouldn't hate Ruiz in the 2nd and Onwenu in the 4th rebuild the interior offensive line. I know everyone is hard on Hart but the interior line was worse.

Agree.  Being able to run between the Tackles with regular success opens up a lot of things for an offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd take Jones at 33 and Niang at 65 in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
Cervenka is the kind of player that would punch steeler in the mouth. Hennessey is a beast from non-power conference. Throckmortan will be a Bengal. Kick him inside.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I really want them to take BPA at 33, but I feel like they are going D no matter what even if it were a slight reach

I'm sold on Josh Jones being a difference maker and starting day 1 over every other OT we have on the roster. Otherwise there will be plenty of guys in every round the Bengals should consider taking.

But I think Throckmorton will be the pick in rd. 7 and they will consider it successful.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'm cool with Throckmorton too, but he absolutely cannot be played at T; the entirety of the SB week showed he just isn't cut out for T in the pros.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 11:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, I'm cool with Throckmorton too, but he absolutely cannot be played at T; the entirety of the SB week showed he just isn't cut out for T in the pros.

I really appreciate his intelligence and I feel the same way. Definitely not a tackle, but I think he can make a goo guard or a center in a pinch.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:44 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I really want them to take BPA at 33, but I feel like they are going D no matter what even if it were a slight reach

I'm sold on Josh Jones being a difference maker and starting day 1 over every other OT we have on the roster. Otherwise there will be plenty of guys in every round the Bengals should consider taking.

But I think Throckmorton will be the pick in rd. 7 and they will consider it successful.

Doubt Jones would start over Jonah unless Jonah was injured.

I am sure you meant over every other OT besides Jonah...
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doubt Jones would start over Jonah unless Jonah was injured.

I am sure you meant over every other OT besides Jonah...

He and Jonah would start so they cant really beat each other. 

As to who is better? Time will tell, which will be fun.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 03:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He and Jonah would start so they cant really beat each other. 

As to who is better? Time will tell, which will be fun.

Yeah, all for Josh Jones, he could be a good one for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 06:36 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals decide to take an offensive linemen at 33 or 65 here some guys I like

At #33
Josh Jones, OT Houston
Cesar Ruiz IOL Michigan
Lloyd Cushenberry IOL LSU

At #65
Lucas Niang OT TCU
Matt Hennessy IOL Temple
Matthew Peart OT UConn
Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin

I would be very happy with any one of these guys on day 2.

Some day 3 guys.

Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
Solomon Kindley IOL Georgia
Michael Onwenu IOL Michigan
Terrance Steele OT/G Texas Tech
John Runyan OT/G Michigan
Kevin Dotson IOL Lousiana
Gage Cervenka IOL Clemson

I've seen a lot of variance on Solomon Kindley and Tyler Biadasz. I've seen both mentioned in the first round before.
Trey Adams is also up in the air because of how concerned teams may get with his injury history (although he's currently healthy).
I've also seen Shane Lemieux mentioned all over the place.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've seen a lot of variance on Solomon Kindley and Tyler Biadasz. I've seen both mentioned in the first round before.
Trey Adams is also up in the air because of how concerned teams may get with his injury history (although he's currently healthy).

Not even mocks can get it right. 

Like, mocks I've done has Lucas niang going to the colts in round 2 almost every time, but I've seen lemieux going anywhere from round 1 to round 5. Total question mark and I'm guessing the combine will solidify him somewhere in round 3 to 4 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've seen a lot of variance on Solomon Kindley and Tyler Biadasz. I've seen both mentioned in the first round before.

I have a higher round grade in alot of these guys but because the Bengals are picking first every round I'm sneaking them into slots. Like Lucas Niang at 65 I have a late second round grade on him. Cushenberry, Ruiz, Jones I have a late first. Wilson Kindley Onwenu late 3rd...

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 10:44 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I really want them to take BPA at 33, but I feel like they are going D no matter what even if it were a slight reach

Josh Jones is Tytus Howard 2.0 to me.  Small school T with plus athletic traits that had a good Senior Bowl and got exposed as a rookie.  Everything I have seen or read on him says "project player" and/or "boom/bust" prospect.  I wouldn't have a big issue with him in 3 as a guy you're going to sit for a year or two to groom, but he is in no way a plug and play day 1 starter.  He's too raw and the jump in competition is too great.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 07:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Josh Jones is Tytus Howard 2.0 to me.  Small school T with plus athletic traits that had a good Senior Bowl and got exposed as a rookie.  Everything I have seen or read on him says "project player" and/or "boom/bust" prospect.  I wouldn't have a big issue with him in 3 as a guy you're going to sit for a year or two to groom, but he is in no way a plug and play day 1 starter.  He's too raw and the jump in competition is too great.

I would say Jones as a prospect is closer to Andre Dillard from last year. Jones is more refined as a pass protector than in the run game. 

I was not a fan of Tytus Howard last season specifically because of the Senior Bowl. Howard reminded me of Ogbuehi always with wide elbows and hugging instead of tucked elbows hands holstered firing out.

Reply/Quote
Niang is an interesting prospect imo. He has a high upside but has enough blemishes to keep him out of consensus first round consideration. Does he make it to 65? I don't think so. 33 might be a little rich. Maybe a trade down at the top of 2 is the way to go if they're targeting o-line. 
Reply/Quote