Offensive Line has been one of the best in the league in Pass Protection
The OLine is a +
The WRs are a + a healthy green, sanu, and jones
The RBs are a + Hill and Bernard is a great combo
The TEs are a + as long as eifert is healthy
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 12:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I am not sure how anyone would consider any poster stating not but once but twice how good our OL has been, but with a potential issue unresolved (line holding up on 5 or 7 step drops) nitpicking. If we run constant plays calling for mostly 3 steps drops, then maybe we do it because the OC has concerns with the line holding up on 5 and 7 step drops.

If so, that is not nitpicking, it is a potential problem being hidden by play calling.

But as I stated, we don't do very many 5 and 7 steps drops for me to determine if it is an issue or not. Thus, why I used the word potential.

Tom Brady may or may not be great at throwing a javelin.

Good thing the Patriots don't rely on throwing javelin or else we may or may not find out if he's possibly, maybe mediocre at it.

We'll just chalk it up to a mental weakness for ol' Tom since we don't know for sure though.

Before you try claiming you only said it's a "potential" problem, you should probably go back and read the post where you're quoted as saying it's your "knock" on the line that they may possibly not be the best at holding up extensively long periods of time. Why even bring it up as your "knock" on them if you aren't even sure if it's an issue? That's awfully strange logic to use there.
Reply/Quote
If the OL isnt the issue at all are the TEs and RBs giving up pressures?
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 05:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If the OL isnt the issue at all are the TEs and RBs giving up pressures?

Nobody has said the line gives up zero pressures, that's just impossible for an NFL team.

The Bengals offensive line gives up less sacks, hits, and hurries than most others which is why they're considered excellent pass blockers.

Every QB is going to get pressured sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 10:15 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Tom Brady may or may not be great at throwing a javelin.

Good thing the Patriots don't rely on throwing javelin or else we may or may not find out if he's possibly, maybe mediocre at it.

We'll just chalk it up to a mental weakness for ol' Tom since we don't know for sure though.

Before you try claiming you only said it's a "potential" problem, you should probably go back and read the post where you're quoted as saying it's your "knock" on the line that they may possibly not be the best at holding up extensively long periods of time. Why even bring it up as your "knock" on them if you aren't even sure if it's an issue? That's awfully strange logic to use there.

This is one strange response.

My comments were simple. There are fans in this thread and from the old board that have brought out concerns (OL holding up when AD is forced to throw deeper routes requiring the OL to hold off the rushers longer) other than me. I unlike you and others do read and try to comprehend others thoughts and then taken them into consideration.

The potential means just that, I too have no idea how they would hold up in more of those situations. But, it does appear watching games, when the defense knows we have to pass (longer than 3rd and 10), our OL is not as steady.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 08:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is one strange response.

My comments were simple. There are fans in this thread and from the old board that have brought out concerns (OL holding up when AD is forced to throw deeper routes requiring the OL to hold off the rushers longer) other than me. I unlike you and others do read and try to comprehend others thoughts and then taken them into consideration.

The potential means just that, I too have no idea how they would hold up in more of those situations. But, it does appear watching games, when the defense knows we have to pass (longer than 3rd and 10), our OL is not as steady.

Well it's a good thing the stats and facts know more than your eyes.

Trust me, I understand that you TRY to comprehend things on a daily basis. I just DO comprehend things. That's the difference between guys like us. I'm glad you pointed that out though and I didn't have to say it first ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I think Seattle's defense may be overrated. My knock on them is that I've heard they may or may not enjoy a different kind of BBQ sauce than I do. I'm not quite sure, but I think I've heard something about it.

Therefore, my opinion is that Seattle's defense is overrated. I comprehend and read things n' stuff.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 08:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Well it's a good thing the stats and facts know more than your eyes.

Trust me, I understand that you TRY to comprehend things on a daily basis. I just DO comprehend things. That's the difference between guys like us. I'm glad you pointed that out though and I didn't have to say it first ThumbsUp

LOL

yes, we are different

I am humble

You are a legend in your own mind
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 09:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

yes, we are different

I am humble

You are a legend in your own mind

Eh, at least I'm not dopey and a liar, Mr. "I'm done with football message boards". I was happy to not have to deal with your blatant stupidity anymore, that is, until you decided you wanted to lie and come here anyway.

Anyway, I think Peyton Manning is overrated. He likes Papa Johns pizza, and I don't think that makes him a good QB, but we can't be sure that he really likes Papa Johns just because he's in the commercials. He is potentially overrated because of that. My knock on Manning is his possible selection of pizza.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 09:13 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Eh, at least I'm not dopey and a liar, Mr. "I'm done with football message boards". I was happy to not have to deal with your blatant stupidity anymore, that is, until you decided you wanted to lie and come here anyway.

Do you realize that you're starting to post like Brad?

Just sayin'.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hope the OL is able to remain playing at a high level with the loss of Gresham. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he was one of the reasons that we were such a good run and pass blocking team. Hopefully we have another TE that can be just as good. I don't want to see an OL guy out there replacing him, that would make us more 1 dimensional.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 12:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you realize that you're starting to post like Brad?

Just sayin'.

Luvnit called me a "liar" in another thread for something that I didn't even do, so I was poking fun by pointing out that technically, he's the "liar" since he said he was done with the boards after the mothership shut down.

Just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 12:17 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Luvnit called me a "liar" in another thread for something that I didn't even do, so I was poking fun by pointing out that technically, he's the "liar" since he said he was done with the boards after the mothership shut down.

Just sayin'.

I'm not saying you were right or wrong in what you posted. Just pointing out that it sounded an awful lot like a Brad post (as does this follow up, BTW). Thought you would've liked to known. My bad if I was wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 12:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not saying you were right or wrong in what you posted. Just pointing out that it sounded an awful lot like a Brad post (as does this follow up, BTW). Thought you would've liked to known. My bad if I was wrong.

Brad is a pretty serious guy, though.

I try to at least have some fun while arguing/debating/bitching. Most of my comments are parodying others posts to make fun of them, but I do understand that I may be the only one actually having fun with it when I do such things. Not everyone recognizes the exact post/posts I'm mocking, so it may be a lot less humorous to others that don't see exactly what I'm doing.

I'm having a blast, it's a good time. Thanks for the heads up nonetheless, nobody wants to sound like Brad. Nobody.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 10:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There is no doubt we have a very good offensive line.

I also know our QB is one of the best in the league getting rid of the football.

My only knock on the OL is I would like to see if they can hold up when the opposing team knows they have to pass the ball. My eye test says not as good the limited times they were forced to do it.

It comes down to the design of the offense. No offensive line is going to hold up (without help) against a 6 or 7 man rush. One guy can't block two.

The RB, FB (like we use one much) and TE all play a role in pass protection. A TE can be used to chip a DE on his way into a pattern. The RB can stay in and block, the FB can stay in a block. You can play an extra lineman.

It really all has to work together with the right line call from the Center and the QB needs to know what the line is going to do.

What really matters is that they do what the play calls for them to do. If Dalton is getting rid of the ball quickly, then that's part of the offensive design. In Seattle, that's not the design they use. They count on Wilson moving around in the pocket or rolling out to give his receivers more time to get open. Payton Manning likes the ball gone quickly.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 08:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Well it's a good thing the stats and facts know more than your eyes.

Oh, the irony of this comment coming from you.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh, the irony of this comment coming from you.

Rolleyes

Why? I didn't use any cherry picked or manipulated statistics to form my opinion. I watched the games and the overall numbers back up my opinion. 1 person claiming something that flat out doesn't happen isn't changing my opinions or the stats.

I apologize for not being the con-artist, shyster Fred that has to carefully manipulate statistics in order to almost make a point.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 08:22 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I apologize for not being the con-artist, shyster Fred that has to carefully manipulate statistics in order to almost make a point.

Well I clearly touched a nerve. Smirk

Someone is a little sensitive about getting shown up.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 08:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I clearly touched a nerve. Smirk

Someone is a little sensitive about getting shown up.

There's no "getting shown up", we're on a message board, not in the hood ya douche.

Like I said, no statistical manipulation needed from me, I apologize that you need to cling to spinning your web to make remotely valid points. Take care Fred, I'll even let you have the last shot here, make it a good one!
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 08:22 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I apologize for not being the con-artist, shyster Fred that has to carefully manipulate statistics in order to almost make a point.

(07-10-2015, 08:40 AM)djs7685 Wrote: There's no "getting shown up", we're on a message board, not in the hood ya douche.

We are not on a middle school playground either.  So why all the childish insults and name-calling?
Reply/Quote