Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line remains unsettled
(08-26-2018, 10:42 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: He actually played against their 1’s & did pretty good. Although to me, he looked hesitant. I’m worried he still will be beat regularly. Looks like stunts & blitzes will eat him alive. But for today, he did well & that’s all anyone can ask.

Who are you talkimg about? Not one rb had iver 2 ypc against their 1's... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 09:38 PM)corpjet Wrote: Today he played good.....lets hope that continues into the regular season

Good news on Hart, just need Westerman to start next to him and i think we will have a serviceable O-line.

That WAS Demarcus Lawrence he struggled with.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am surprised the run blocking wasn't good at least from the left side with Glenn, Boling, and Price.  

Boling is elite in pass blocking for an OG; however, he is below average as a run blocker.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am surprised the run blocking wasn't good at least from the left side with Glenn, Boling, and Price.  

(08-27-2018, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Boling is elite in pass blocking for an OG; however, he is below average as a run blocker.

And Glenn is inconsistent as a run blocker, though he isn't bad either. But he was brought in to stabilize the blind side side in pass protection which was top priority.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Which is why our run game will suffer all year unless we make use of play action (with pass being first focus) and screens - essentially use them as running plays. The Offense will have to be very creative and even with that defenses will adjust, but at least being creative should help.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Alexander wanted guys that he thought would be(come) very good pass blockers and didn't focus on the running game as much (at least based on the skill set of the OL drafted in this decade). Simply put...this OL was not built to drive off the LOS.
I'm not surprised the entire run offense hasn't turned around after just one offseason. Pollack will need at least a full year to transform the OL to a good run blocking OL. I expect he'll need to get another 1-2 OL next offseason to make that happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sounds like Westerman is in Lewis’ doghouse. When asked why he isn’t getting reps at LG, Lewis said “you have to show up and compete”.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Sounds like Westerman is in Lewis’ doghouse. When asked why he isn’t getting reps at LG, Lewis said “you have to show up and compete”.

Is that statement related to Westerman's health or performance?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Boling is elite in pass blocking for an OG; however, he is below average as a run blocker.

Many do not realize this, but good observation. ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is that statement related to Westerman's health or performance?

Don’t know. Marv and his coach(I wanna sound like Belichek)speak never gives details.

I would hope Marv isn’t holding a grudge against somebody for being sick.
Reply/Quote