Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive/defensive rankings

The offense is catching up with the defense. Look out rest of the NFL…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
JoeyB is getting better and better.
Reply/Quote
This team has me so pumped right now and the good thing is I don't think they're fully clicking yet. They are going to continue to get better.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This team has me so pumped right now and the good thing is I don't think they're fully clicking yet. They are going to continue to get better.

We already have our Thursday Night Game out of the way, and have a bye coming up in 3 weeks. We are in a really good spot to make a run.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This team has me so pumped right now and the good thing is I don't think they're fully clicking yet. They are going to continue to get better.

Wouldnt it be great if they just peaked entering playoffs? All about timing in the NFL!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
The offense is catching up with the defense. Look out rest of the NFL…

Weren't we on pace a year ago at this time to set a record for worst defense of all time?

This defense is working hard and having fun. They will try and rattle your teeth with a tackle, I love that about them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I love how we are all being kind and having manners with each other.. lol, That's how you know it was a huge win..
Reply/Quote
Good balance on both sides of the ball.

Only major weakness is short yardage offense. We have to get that issue worked out or it will eventually bite us in the ass. But that is a small problem.
Reply/Quote
those numbers are with the first 2 games dragging them down. Look at the numbers for just the past 5 games

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Good balance on both sides of the ball.

Only major weakness is short yardage offense.  We have to get that issue worked out or it will eventually bite us in the ass.  But that is a small problem.

I would add the return team needs improvement. Also, unless I had too many beers yesterday. I remember 3 runs in a row and we couldn't get the 1st. 1st one was 8yd gain by mixon. 2nd was QB sneak (we should stop using this because we havent had much success) and then the 3rd was another run stuffed short. That is probably the worst series we had all game. So wts, I think Zacs play calling has gotten much better if you set that series aside.

Reply/Quote

Yes, they are young and should just get better and better as the season goes on especially on Offense.

(10-25-2021, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We already have our Thursday Night Game out of the way, and have a bye coming up in 3 weeks. We are in a really good spot to make a run.

Truth, those Thursday Night games can throw you off, thankfully we won ours and it is out of the way.

We are in a great spot with the Jets and a hobbled Stains team coming up before the bye.

(10-25-2021, 10:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: Wouldnt it be great if they just peaked entering playoffs? All about timing in the NFL!

That would be frickin' awesome, if we do peak right when we enter the Playoffs we can beat anyone. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: Wouldnt it be great if they just peaked entering playoffs? All about timing in the NFL!

Yes it would be great. Starting to get things rolling at the end of year when no longer in playoff contention sucks. We may have seen this a time or two.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes it would be great. Starting to get things rolling at the end of year when no longer in playoff contention sucks. We may have seen this a time or two.

Way too many times.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would add the return team needs improvement. Also, unless I had too many beers yesterday. I remember 3 runs in a row and we couldn't get the 1st. 1st one was 8yd gain by mixon. 2nd was QB sneak (we should stop using this because we havent had much success) and then the 3rd was another run stuffed short. That is probably the worst series we had all game. So wts, I think Zacs play calling has gotten much better if you set that series aside.

This x1000.  I am ready for them to find someone who can flip the field on a punt.  You may not have liked Adam Jones, but that guy could turn a game around with a good punt return.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:16 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: This x1000.  I am ready for them to find someone who can flip the field on a punt.  You may not have liked Adam Jones, but that guy could turn a game around with a good punt return.

True, surprised Phillips and Wilson haven't sprung any big returns this year. Both have been good to great returners in the past.

Phillips in college and Wilson in college and in the pros.
Reply/Quote

I'm still holding out hope that Hopkins is still recovering from his injury last year and will get to his pre-injury pass blocking self toward the end of the season.
Also holding out hope that Carman really comes into his own by around the same time.

If those two ascend, that will help a ton.

Carman is manhandling defenders when he can latch on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
While the yards rankings are not to be dismissed, the stats that really jump out at me are the Scoring O (7th) and Scoring D (5th). Those to me are the numbers that really matter.

The points you put up and the points you allow. The rest is window dressing.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm still holding out hope that Hopkins is still recovering from his injury last year and will get to his pre-injury pass blocking self toward the end of the season.
Also holding out hope that Carman really comes into his own by around the same time.

Dude made some great blocks late against the Ravens, dude is a mauler and is starting to come around at RG.

Thought it would take him some time, happy we are 5-2 and it is starting.

(10-25-2021, 04:47 PM)Stewy Wrote: While the yards rankings are not to be dismissed, the stats that really jump out at me are the Scoring O (7th) and Scoring D (5th).  Those to me are the numbers that really matter.  

The points you put up and the points you allow.  The rest is window dressing.

Very true, for both sides to be that high is something special.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm still holding out hope that Hopkins is still recovering from his injury last year and will get to his pre-injury pass blocking self toward the end of the season.

He really is. He has all the makings of a true RG.

Reply/Quote
Offense Yards per play- 3rd with 6.2
Defense yards per play- 3rd with 5.1
Scoring differential- 4th 61
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote