Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
There is no way the Bengals even consider a TE in the first
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals select Bush at 11

I’m fine with any of the OL that would be available besides Dillard, think he’ll be Ogbuehi part 2. Jonah Williams will be the best lineman selected.

One QB free falls to the second round, Haskins would be my guess.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: I heard from a scout source last night that if something he was hearing in terms of a 2nd QB going in the top 4 happened all hell would break loose if it was who he was told. This morning it is being reported the Skins are interested in coming up to 3 for Daniel Jones, not Haskins as many thought. If that happens the idea was it could set off a chain reaction of four QB's in the top 10.

This would be like hitting the lottery to us.

This would play into the philosophy of the Bengals - sit back and wait for players to drop. It does work sometimes but I would prefer a more targeted approach, but I know we will never change in that regard. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Heard that Haskins' stock is rising as well, with the Raiders being interested. I think at least 3 QBs are gone before 11. That's a good thing. Let them go and have one of the Devins or Jonah or Taylor shake loose. Even a straggling top DT would be great.
Reply/Quote
if you look at this logically, none of the top ten Teams need a QB.

All the smoke and cross talk aside, one can argue that Giants could use a QB to groom for post Manning years.

So unless QB needy Teams (Washington, Miami, etc.) trade into top-10, there is the potential that a run on LB, OT, DT, and DE, could leave us with slim pickings at 11.

There are only 2LBs and maybe 3 OTs that are top-10 caliber.

So if the Devins, Taylor, Williams and Ford are gone in the first 10, that makes for a tough decision.

Best case scenario is that 2-3 QBs are selected in top 10. Otherwise, welcome the new DT or DE. Unless we reach for Little or Dillard.
Reply/Quote
So far (just like every year) NFL Network's coverage is smoking ESPNs. I know it is just the pre-draft but I think a lot of it is analysts with better football cred on NFLN.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Heard that Haskins' stock is rising as well, with the Raiders being interested.   I think at least 3 QBs are gone before 11.  That's a good thing. Let them go and have one of the Devins or Jonah or Taylor shake loose.  Even a straggling top DT would be great.

If we really see 3 QBs in a class this weak go in the top 11 that will be high comedy. Put these guys last year for example and none of them would be Round 1. In 2020 they would be bottom of the 1st at best. 
Reply/Quote
Please God I pray this team does not select Haskins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:07 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Please God I pray this team does not select Haskins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...or ANY quarterback in the first round. Cincinnati’s needs are glaringly obvious: Offensive line and linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:13 PM)tBengal Wrote: Bengals select Bush at 11

I’m fine with any of the OL that would be available besides Dillard, think he’ll be Ogbuehi part 2. Jonah Williams will be the best lineman selected.

One QB free falls to the second round, Haskins would be my guess.

I like this post.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...or ANY quarterback in the first round.  Cincinnati’s needs are glaringly obvious: Offensive line and linebacker.

I would add DL because of age of Geno and Dunlap, not critical but a BPA can't miss DL falls in our laps and both LB's gone, makes for tough call
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would add DL because of age of Geno and Dunlap, not critical but a BPA can't miss DL falls in our laps and both LB's gone, makes for tough call

That’s true. Also, a better defensive line makes a linebacker’s life easier.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just a friendly reminder, please don't tip picks. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s true. Also, a better defensive line makes a linebacker’s life easier.

We’ve had a pretty solid Dline for a while now. They haven’t impacted our LBer’s very much, even under Zimmer.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling the Bengals are aiming for Cody Ford in round 1.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just a friendly reminder, please don't tip picks. 

Thank you. Been a problem for years Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:12 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: There is no way the Bengals even consider a TE in the first

In the Marvin era they would but I don't think Taylor values them as much. We have a ton of needs but Hock is the only player I would take other than OL/LB well White, I would take him over Bush in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I have a feeling the Bengals are aiming for Cody Ford in round 1.

Apparently they like Dillard over Ford. Couldn’t tell you why
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just a friendly reminder, please don't tip picks. 

Bump
Reply/Quote