***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
If they stay put at 31...I'm hoping for one of the following:

Tyler Linderbaum
Arnold Ebiketie
Logan Hall
Kaiir Elam
Kyler Gordon
Daxton Hill

(Assuming someone like Zion or Karlaftis doesn't fall)

I think there's a chance all 3 of those DB's could be gone by 31 though.
Reply/Quote
Linderbaum, elam, hall, karlaftis are my favorites for the 1st round. If all of them are gone I'd hope we trade down into early 2nd round. Excited to see what what happens this draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Tyler Linderbaum
2. Daxton Hill
3. Trade Down (Barring some prominent guy expected to go much earlier slipping down.)

Figure if Detroit doesn't take a QB at #2, someone might want to jump up ahead of the Lions (who have #32) to snag a QB out from them and get that 5th year option.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jags looking to Trade down out of 1? will there be any takers this year?
Reply/Quote
DT is best option IMO. Winfrey or Hall. Get secondary, wr, and another o-lineman after that.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. Tyler Linderbaum
2. Daxton Hill
3. Trade Down (Barring some prominent guy expected to go much earlier slipping down.)

Figure if Detroit doesn't take a QB at #2, someone might want to jump up ahead of the Lions (who have #32) to snag a QB out from them and get that 5th year option.

If Linderbaum is still there at 31, both NY teams could potentially be trade options as well. Both have interest, with the Jets being able to free up 9m by cutting McGovern (who's in the last year of his deal) and the Giants wanting a better option than Feliciano.

I want Linderbaum in stripes...but they should be able to get 2 additional picks from either team, which would help a lot too.
Reply/Quote
This is the MOST disconnected form the draft I have ever felt. And I am a full on draft nerd and have 10+ years of Mel Kipers old blue draft preview. I think it is because we are so good already there's no player that is going to put us over the top only slightly enhance our roster. I'll tune in because I still love the draft and the Bengals but won't be hanging on the edge of my seat as the draft pick is announced.
Reply/Quote
Polite request, if you find out the pick early via social media or whatever, please do not post about it or make "Welcome" threads until the pick is announced on TV. Thank you.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
My dream scenario is trade all the way up to 6 and get Stingley if he's still there. Generational talent and gives us a thoroughbred in the secondary. I've been told it would cost too much. Is a couple of late 1st round picks too much?

More realistic is they go Karalaftis if he's still there. Then Booth or Elam.

If none of them are there, it means someone else we don't expect falls. If that player is high on their board that would be the selection or they trade down an pick Logan Hall
Reply/Quote
I'm on the boat for Tyler Linderbaum. If he's not there then best possible player.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:55 PM)BengalBob Wrote: My dream scenario is trade all the way up to 6 and get Stingley if he's still there.  Generational talent and gives us a thoroughbred in the secondary.  I've been told it would cost too much.  Is a couple of late 1st round picks too much?

More realistic is they go Karalaftis if he's still there.  Then Booth or Elam.

If none of them are there, it means someone else we don't expect falls.  If that player is high on their board that would be the selection or they trade down an pick Logan Hall

You would be talking 3 1sts potentially, there is no one in this draft worth that.

For perspective, when ATL went up from 26 to 6 for Julio it cost them their 1st, 2nd 4th and 1st and 4th the next year....that was six spots closer to than we were.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Polite request, if you find out the pick early via social media or whatever, please do not post about it or make "Welcome" threads until the pick is announced on TV.  Thank you.

Booth is the pick

me
Reply/Quote
I really do believe it's between these 4.

Wyatt
Booth
Gordon
Linderbaum

I'm willing to say in that order too.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Polite request, if you find out the pick early via social media or whatever, please do not post about it or make "Welcome" threads until the pick is announced on TV.  Thank you.

You mean, you never enjoyed someone telling you what you got on Christmas before you had a chance to unwrap it? Buzz kill....  Ninja

In all seriousness, I don't understand how this even needs to be said still. Seems to always be 1 or 2 guys that like to announce the picks on here, even after being asked to stop the first time they do it. No one thinks you're cool because you have twitter. Don't be a d*ck. 

Kind regards,

Bengalpool
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I hope we can get great value (extra 2nd or 3rd round pick) at #31 if one of these guys is not available:

1.Wyatt (DT from Georgia)
2.Hill (Safety from Michigan)
3.Dean (LB from Georgia)
4. Lloyd (LB from Utah)
5.Linderbaum (Center from Iowa)
6. Booth (CB from Clemson)
7. Burks (WR from Arkansas)
8. Raiman (OT from Central Michigan) - he may be a reach, but a team can never have enough swing tackles to cover for injury who are starter ready)

I am interested to see the interest of teams getting back into in round 1 with early picks in round 2 for the second tier of QB's like Ridder or Corral or for a WR, OT or CB. All positions that are great deals on rookie contracts plus teams get a 5th year option.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

I second this motion. It is asked every year, but it always seems someone needs the need to spill the beans. Can we put this thread on a 3 minute delay?  Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:16 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: You mean, you never enjoyed someone telling you what you got on Christmas before you had a chance to unwrap it? Buzz kill....  Ninja

In all seriousness, I don't understand how this even needs to be said still. Seems to always be 1 or 2 guys that like to announce the picks on here, even after being asked to stop the first time they do it. No one thinks you're cool because you have twitter. Don't be a d*ck. 

Kind regards,

Bengalpool

(04-28-2022, 05:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I second this motion. It is asked every year, but it always seems someone needs the need to spill the beans. Can we put this thread on a 3 minute delay?  Ninja

I'm not a big fan of heavy forum moderation, but perhaps the people that do so should be warned the first time and if they do it again be suspended until the draft is over.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
A lot of people are in for a lot of future disappointment if Linderbaum is the pick.
Reply/Quote

My recollection is that people who do this will get a suspension from here and rightly so.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 05:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A lot of people are in for a lot of future disappointment if Linderbaum is the pick.

Sledstradamus over here.

Reply/Quote