Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Official AFCN Power Rankings (Updated Week 9)
(10-10-2019, 01:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is NOT how the Smack talk AFCN Power Rankings work.  Mellow
SMACK!!!!

1. New York Yankees * 27 Times World Champions, 28 Times soon.  [Image: 8AWxq9g.gif] 

5. Steelers  * 1 Time by cheating Seattle Seahawks  [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]

10. Bengals * 0 Times World Champions, 2 Times AFC World Champions  [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]  
11. Steelers fans chanting "defense" while Mark Andrews was laying injured on the field

Fixed it  [Image: 6u74Wyv.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Now THAT'S what i'm talking about!  :andy:

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 1. rfaulk34
2. PhilHos
3. SCS
20. BFritz21
39. BmorePat87
1,087,387,672,901,222. Bakerthebeast

No one takes this list seriously 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 09:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No one takes this list seriously 

I do.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 09:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No one takes this list seriously 

You're just mad Brad is higher than you. That's mainly because Brad is higher than you.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 10:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You're just mad Brad is higher than you. That's mainly because Brad is higher than you.  ThumbsUp

I'm providing top 10 material here, and I can't even cut into the final rounds of the Bengals Board version of the NFL 100?

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 12:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm providing top 10 material here, and I can't even cut into the final rounds of the Bengals Board version of the NFL 100?

That's what you get for having a team at the top of the division. :tongue:
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 12:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm providing top 10 material here, and I can't even cut into the final rounds of the Bengals Board version of the NFL 100?

Let's be fair. You started off strong, buy you've been slipping the last couple weeks.

You need a bounce-back this week to climb back up the list. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let's be fair. You started off strong, buy you've been slipping the last couple weeks.

You need a bounce-back this week to climb back up the list. 

Myself or the Ravens?

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Myself or the Ravens?

Omg...you're living vicariously through them! 

Reply/Quote
Phyllis is the kind of fan unsuccessful football organizations love. Not too knowledgeable about football, looking for something too fulfill their lives and have disposable income for attending games and buying $10 beers and $100 jerseys. Mike cue ball Brown thanks you. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 08:18 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: something too fulfill their lives 

Someone who can't even use the proper 'to' in their sentences has no business smacking ANYone else. Then throw in you're a fan of the Browns and Baker Mayfield, it's a wonder you can even post on here what with all the self-flagellation you already must be engaging in.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 10:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone who can't even use the proper 'to' in their sentences has no business smacking ANYone else. Then throw in you're a fan of the Browns and Baker Mayfield, it's a wonder you can even post on here what with all the self-flagellation you already must be engaging in.

Miss Phyllis, I got to hand it to you, you got me. I lambasted you with state of the art smack and you came back with grammar smack as a retort. Who would of thought. This must be the reason you are a Bungal board Hall of Famer. You win. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:56 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Miss Phyllis, I got to hand it to you, you got me. I lambasted you with state of the art smack and you came back with grammar smack as a retort. Who would of thought. This must be the reason you are a Bungal board Hall of Famer. You win. ThumbsUp

Your "state of the art" smack is the equivalent of Baker's 1td 3int performance today. 

Now, at the risk of diminishing the quality of this post, i do have to explain--you being a Browns fan and all--Bakers performance today was bad. 

Capiche?

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 10:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone who can't even use the proper 'to' in their sentences has no business smacking ANYone else. Then throw in you're a fan of the Browns and Baker Mayfield, it's a wonder you can even post on here what with all the self-flagellation you already must be engaging in.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:56 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Miss Phyllis, I got to hand it to you, you got me. I lambasted you with state of the art smack and you came back with grammar smack as a retort. Who would of thought. This must be the reason you are a Bungal board Hall of Famer. You win. ThumbsUp

Oh yeah, calling me a girls name. What a smacker you are. Imma just start calling you Ike Turner 'cause you're the best smacker ever. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 08:18 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Phyllis is the kind of fan unsuccessful football organizations love. Not too knowledgeable about football, looking for something too fulfill their lives and have disposable income for attending games and buying $10 beers and $100 jerseys. Mike cue ball Brown thanks you. ThumbsUp

Weren't you just bragging about how the Browns fill their stadium every year despite their record? True fans and all.

Ah yes here it is:

BakertheBeast Wrote:turned the game on at the end of the third quarter and there were 5 to 10 thousand people in the stands at the most. Real fans (Brown fans) stuck with their team even when we stunk all these years. If the Bengals move, will this message board close too?

I do like the past tense use of stink. Typo I'm thinking.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

And the antecedent of the plural pronoun "their" cannot be the singular "someone," followed by a run on sentence.

Don't want to grammar smack. Just the opposite--saying everyone ought to leave that behind. Waste of time nowadays.

I find with the auto correct I often post mistakes I don't think I really made and don't always catch.

When I see typos and grammar errors in others posts, I presume the same has happened to them.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:10 PM)Dill Wrote: And the antecedent of the plural pronoun "their" cannot be the singular "someone,"

Ahem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
Quote:Singular they is the use in English of the pronoun they or its inflected or derivative forms, themtheirtheirs, and themselves (or themself), as an epicene (gender-neutral) singular pronoun. It typically occurs with an unspecified antecedent, as in sentences such as:
  • "Somebody left their umbrella in the office. Would they please collect it?"[1]
  • "The patient should be told at the outset how much they will be required to pay."[2]
  • "But a journalist should not be forced to reveal their sources."[2]

(10-14-2019, 03:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Don't want to grammar smack. Just the opposite--saying everyone ought to leave that behind. Waste of time nowadays. 

I find with the auto correct I often post mistakes I don't think I really made and don't always catch.

When I see typos and grammar errors in others posts, I presume the same has happened to them.

In your rush to try to out grammar nazi me, you may have missed that this is the smack forum. And, yes, while grammar smack is one of the lowest forms of smack, I felt it was the highest level of smack the person of unknown gender I was responding to deserved. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 04:25 PM)PhilHo Wrote: Ahem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

In your rush to try to out grammar nazi me, you may have missed that this is the smack forum. And, yes, while grammar smack is one of the lowest forms of smack, I felt it was the highest level of smack the person of unknown gender I was responding to deserved. ThumbsUp

Er, did you read ALL of that wiki article?
Reply/Quote