Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-16-2021, 06:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doesn’t Reiter usually grade out right around the same as Hopkins? Would he really be that expensive?

Higher. Mid/high 60s overall the last 2 years. High 70s pass blocking. He's a bit below average run blocking but he's only given up a total of 13 pressures over the last 2 years (including 2 sacks) over 1,177 pass block snaps. His market value is around 11-12M.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I think the play should have been to get better on the OL out of the gate. Now that that isn't happening, they need to take advantage of the receiver glut. There will be plenty of guys worthy of 3rd WR roles that probably project more as 2s. A team could really load up for not much of a cap hit. I'd be happy with Reynolds, but I'd be happier with Samuel or Fuller.

If that doesn't work, then I like the idea of another pass rusher like Reddick or Ingram.

They might end up needing OL with the first and second rounders, so anything that frees up the draft is helpful. It sucks that they've ignored the line, but a right side with Sewell and Jackson Carman taking over might be interesting.
(03-16-2021, 06:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think the report is he's going to be the new starter. He's better than Foles, but I think bears draft QB early to be the eventual replacement

Considering Foles went 2-5 last year, it's clearly Dalton's job to lose.

I kept hearing all last year that Dalton would never start again, and many mentioned the CFL. Mellow

With him turning 34 this year though, I don't think he'll be viewed as anything other than a stopgap moving forward.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Well it’s good to see Hobson is still right on cue.

From his latest

“ The Bengals paid the price for being active early in free agency. The three deals are worth about $106 million and took up nearly all of the $20 million under this year's salary cap they had allotted for new players. ”

Lolz
(03-16-2021, 10:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well it’s good to see Hobson is still right on cue.

From his latest

“ The Bengals paid the price for being active early in free agency. The three deals are worth about $106 million and took up nearly all of the $20 million under this year's salary cap they had allotted for new players. ”

Lolz

Can we just collectively block him and his content somehow. Someone hack the matrix. It’s just infuriating.
(03-16-2021, 10:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well it’s good to see Hobson is still right on cue.

From his latest

Lolz

(03-16-2021, 10:23 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Can we just collectively block him and his content somehow. Someone hack the matrix. It’s just infuriating.

Yeah, what an IDGIT.
William Jackson to Washington

Awuzie + Hilton > WJ3's big contract
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

(03-16-2021, 11:13 PM)Trademark Wrote: William Jackson to Washington

WI2 to WFT..WTF
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Yeah, we’re worse than we were before FA hit. Lose the trade with all 3. So why are we acting like we’re doing well?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

We are paying Awuzie and Hilton $13M/yr combined while WJ3 is getting $14M/yr...

I like this for us.

(03-16-2021, 10:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well it’s good to see Hobson is still right on cue.

From his latest

Lolz

He is full of shit right? Patriots sign all these players and we sign 3 guys and we're the ones out of money?
(03-16-2021, 11:17 PM)milksheikh Wrote: We are paying Awuzie and Hilton $13M/yr combined while WJ3 is getting $14M/yr...

I like this for us.

Yeah, they're not bad signings. I'm just upset that they're not OL signings.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(03-16-2021, 11:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, they're not bad signings. I'm just upset that they're not OL signings.

Probably would have been more exciting if WJ3 left first then we signed them as it would have been perceived then more of a need.

But seriously where are the linemen?
(03-16-2021, 11:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, they're not bad signings. I'm just upset that they're not OL signings.

I was really bummed we didn't get Thuney or Linsley, but looking at the available OL...

MANY of them are still big upgrades over what we have and had...

- Trent Williams (OT)
- Gabe Jackson (OG)
- Rodney Hudson (OC)
- Trai Turner (OG)
- Eric Fisher (OT)
- Austin Reiter (OG)

Unless if they don't sign anyone starting-caliber by the end of the week, then I will be REALLY concerned for Burrow.

(03-16-2021, 11:27 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I was really bummed we didn't get Thuney or Linsley, but looking at the available OL...

- Trent Williams (OT) --> Too old and expensive
- Gabe Jackson (OG)
- Rodney Hudson (OC)
- Trai Turner (OG)
- Eric Fisher (OT) -->  Injured his achilles so I'm not totally sold on him although at the right price I'd be okay with it
- Austin Reiter (OG)

Unless if they don't sign anyone starting-caliber by the end of the week, then I will be REALLY concerned for Burrow.
(03-16-2021, 11:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Probably would have been more exciting if WJ3 left first then we signed them as it would have been perceived then more of a need.

But seriously where are the linemen?

They're focused on guards. None of them have even started signing yet, so I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.
I find it amusing the Bengals preach building through the draft to explain their free agency approach, but then don’t retain their own during free agency.
(03-16-2021, 11:27 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I was really bummed we didn't get Thuney or Linsley, but looking at the available OL...

- Trent Williams (OT)
- Gabe Jackson (OG)
- Rodney Hudson (OC)
- Trai Turner (OG)
- Eric Fisher (OT)
- Austin Reiter (OG)

I agree with all of those guys except for Fisher. He’s 30 and just tore his achilles a couple of months ago. He may not play this season.
(03-16-2021, 11:16 PM)milksheikh Wrote:  

Awuzie + Hilton > WJ3's big contract

I think it makes more sense to look at like this:

Awuzie - In
WJ3 - Out

Hilton - In
Alexander Out (???)

I'm not going to say whether I think "in" is better than "out".  I'll have to wait and see them play in this system to find out.  But I think we need consider it a 2 vs. 2 comparison right now.  It's not really fair to see two players combined are better or a bigger investment than WJIII alone.  We need to account for Alexander unless he's resigned.