Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantooth's Fun Facts of the Day
(12-17-2019, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of the best HCs in the league, Andy Reid, was a QB coach with zero experience as an OC.

He was also the Assistant Head Coach for two back-to-back Super Bowl teams (One ring, one loss), immediately prior to taking the Eagles job.

Also noteworthy: In his two years as QB coach Brett Favre won back-to-back MVP's, both resulting in the previously mentioned Superbowl appearances.

Prior to the Assistant Head Coach and QB duties, he spent the better part of a decade as the OL coach, and later OL + TE.

Their resumes are not at all similar. The Asst HC title usually comes with a slew of benefits and responsibilities. Much higher pay, with much greater influence.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kliff Kingsbury is a former QB coach with no experience as an NFL OC. But Zac was the 2nd most successful this past year.

I wasn't counting coaches who had college head coaching experience. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals official sandwich Tuna On Rye was featured in Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" and is officially ranked 12th in episode ratings.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones has said the words "Scrip Club" more than any Bengal. Jim Breech is a distant 2nd.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
AJ Green tied an NFL record with zero dropped passes this year

Jonah Williams did not allow a single pressure his entire rookie season

Auden Tate led the league in fastest recovery time from an apparent broken neck.

Dre Kirkpatrick led the league in the coveted "Celebrations after blown coverage resulting in a dropped pass" stat, with an astounding 14 celebrations in only 6 games.

Bengals tied the franchise record for most wins in Week 13 of a season.

Randy Bullock tied the NFL record for FG percentage in a single game an incredible 10 times this season at a perfect 100%
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was HC at Texas Tech in college for about 5 years.

(12-17-2019, 07:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wasn't counting coaches who had college head coaching experience. 

Well I was going by the fact as posted.

However, I must say I am happy about your guy's desire to stand up for Zac. I had him as second best this year, but you guys insist on him being the best.

Homers!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I was going by the fact as posted.

However, I must say I am happy about your guy's desire to stand up for Zac. I had him as second best this year, but you guys insist on him being the best.

Homers!!

Fwiw, I am not one of those who want Taylor gone after the season. I do like the way he handles himself, handles his team (chemistry building and approach), and he seems like a all-in-all pretty good dude.

People need to consider the envriorment he walked into, and what he was given to work with. He was given no help in free agency, and I'm not so sure he's completely to blame for the staff hired. (Could be budget influenced, could be it that it shouldn't be his call anyway).

I do think he's over his head in total responsibility, as this job probably carries more duties than most. And I definitely do not want him calling plays in the future.

Surround with him two legitimate, experienced coordinators...Have him relinquish play calling duties... Look at possible position coaching upgrades... Give him a few quality free agents... And let him build his culture. Unless next year is the same then giving a couple years and sse what he can do.

He's made into too easy of a scapegoat. And people forget many of his public comments are just parroting of the FO. He may certainly share blame here for this season but it would be foolish to scrap it and start over after just one year.

PS Everyone needs to quit blaming him for Drew Sample. 30 something offensive minded coaches don't covet blocking tight ends early in the draft, after inheriting a losing roster filled with holes. I refuse to believe he was the one campaigning for that pick. That has Mike Brown and his 1970's approach written all over it!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I was going by the fact as posted.

Homers!!

He'd be the best if NFL was scored like golf!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: -The Bengals finished 2nd in the league last year in Superbowls. (Will repeat this year)

-The Bengals are #1 overall in points allowed vs. the NFC East in 2019.

-The Bengals haven't been scored on a single time in OT in 2019.

-No other NFL has had more wins on Wednesdays over the last 20 years than the Bengals.

-The only current QB drafted in 2001 with a higher passer rating than Dalton is Drew Brees. (Elite company)

-Zach Taylor will enter year 2 undefeated in the playoffs.

-We're undefeated in the snow in 2019. (If you play in cold then you practice in cold paying dividends)

-We invested over 100 million dollars in payroll in 2019. (NOT cheap)

-With Jonah Williams, John Ross (Still essentially a rookie) returning and the first pick it's basically like having 37 first round picks.

-Our RB's and WR's threw for zero INT's.

-When leading by more than 14 we have yet to blow a lead and lose.

-Jim Turner's first name rhymes with WIN in you just change one letter. (Keep this guy around).

-No other QB coach, with zero full time OC NFL experience, had had a more successful first season than Zach Taylor.

-From 2005 to 2017 the Bengals ranked 6th in alphabetical order.

-A Bengal Tiger would beat the following birds in real life paw to wing combat: Ravens, Falcons, Seahawks, Eagles, Cardinals

[Image: lowered-expectations-madtv-350.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Another fun fact: Bengals 1st round pick Jonah Williams has not given up a sack or committed one penalty all season. Move over Munoz!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This one is total bullshit.

Stop just making stuff up.  You know I will call you out for it.

Hang on a sec, he didn't specify what sports these were first rounders in.

Now not every baseball first rounder is going to be Kyler Murray but at least 6 North American sports have drafts (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and Canada's T20) plus we can throw in the WNBA as well and the CFL as sports which have more than one draft. If you get 37 first rounders in a room together how many of them are going to be viable NFL players?
Reply/Quote
The most astonishing little fact is that the bengals and browns still have a few fans left.. Who knew? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He was also the Assistant Head Coach for two back-to-back Super Bowl teams (One ring, one loss), immediately prior to taking the Eagles job.

Also noteworthy: In his two years as QB coach Brett Favre won back-to-back MVP's, both resulting in the previously mentioned Superbowl appearances.

Prior to the Assistant Head Coach and QB duties, he spent the better part of a decade as the OL coach, and later OL + TE.

Their resumes are not at all similar. The Asst HC title usually comes with a slew of benefits and responsibilities. Much higher pay, with much greater influence.

Just my 2 cents...

Wait.....you mean Piano Man was getting paid well all those years?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was HC at Texas Tech in college for about 5 years.

That's it....hire Mike Leach!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: -The Bengals finished 2nd in the league last year in Superbowls. (Will repeat this year)

-No other NFL has had more wins on Wednesdays over the last 20 years than the Bengals.

-The only current QB drafted in 2001 with a higher passer rating than Dalton is Drew Brees. (Elite company)

-We're undefeated in the snow in 2019. (If you play in cold then you practice in cold paying dividends)

-With Jonah Williams, John Ross (Still essentially a rookie) returning and the first pick it's basically like having 37 first round picks.

-Jim Turner's first name rhymes with WIN in you just change one letter. (Keep this guy around).

-No other QB coach, with zero full time OC NFL experience, had had a more successful first season than Zach Taylor.

-A Bengal Tiger would beat the following birds in real life paw to wing combat: Ravens, Falcons, Seahawks, Eagles, Cardinals

Fun fact! The Bengal's helmets are red not orange.. ( the reason why they look orange is because your tears are mixed with blood and booze).
Get yourself together, earn a chip, and lets go cheer for our red tigers!!
Reply/Quote

This is a fact?
Reply/Quote