Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Official Defend Andy Dalton Thread***
(09-11-2017, 12:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OL was a sieve, giving constant pressure on Dalton. - Strike on OL
RBs didn't have much room to work with, resulting in short rushes and therefore many third-and-longs. - Strike on running game
Receivers outside of AJ Green weren't able to get open in the brief window they had before Dalton was getting pressured. - Strike on receivers
Zampese (or Marvin) schemed to have tight formations rather than spread out the defense like we all hoped/thought would have been the plan. - Strike against offensive game planning.
Dalton continues to perform poorly when not given a clean pocket and lacks pocket presence to feel pressure and respond appropriately. - Strike on Dalton

Strikes all around!

Too bad we ain't ***** bowling!

[Image: 6c64b8b84ef84ec83c590bbfdba6feffcd502f1d...2707a5.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Andy's set a NEW RECORD YESTERDAY!

Since the QBR have started, Andy hit a new low with a .6 QBR.. not a 6 but a .6!!!

This is with a QB throwing 30 or more in a ball game. Congratulations Andy and especially Congrats to Marvin Lewis for keeping him in the game and allowing him to accomplish such an amazing feat!

Im proud of you two...damn proud!

Manning had a .2 against the cheifs in 2015 and only 1 of his 5 completions traveled 2 yards pass the line of scrimmage.

THe season ain't over yet folks!!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Manning had a .2 against the cheifs in 2015 and only 1 of his 5 completions traveled 2 yards pass the line of scrimmage.  

THe season ain't over yet folks!!

Andys record bested Manning because his record was for 30 throws or more. When Andy makes a statement, Andy makes a statement!
Reply/Quote
I'm going to chalk it up to them having spekulatius.. 
You don't want spekulatius on your offensive line..

Just in case you have an inquisitive mind and are worried that perhaps you too may have spekulatias here's a link.
https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&biw=360&bih=217&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=V7K2WZWmCIbMmwHzwJDABw&q=spekulatius&oq=speku&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.1.0.0l4j0i10k1.5447.18720.0.20678.19.17.2.0.0.0.460.2882.2j8j3j1j1.15.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-img..2.12.2410.3..35i39k1j0i24k1j0i67k1.8UGDom1bNVM#imgrc=8hhr1qCsaUhRKM:
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:34 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: So we don't have 1 million of these popping up.

Sure seems like we have a lot of problems going on and it is not all Dalton's fault.

The first pick was tipped then second should of been checked down.

Lots of this on the Playcalling, Marv and of course the piano man. Zamp, Marv and PA need replaced and it is so obvious.

I was giving Zamp a pass before this as last year was his first year as an OC.

Dude don't learn it seems.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Too bad we ain't ***** bowling!

[Image: 6c64b8b84ef84ec83c590bbfdba6feffcd502f1d...2707a5.jpg]

LMAO

Throw the ferrit in the bathtub.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: Andys record bested Manning because his record was for 30 throws or more. When Andy makes a statement, Andy makes a statement!

Manning won the Super Bowl that year. So dalton will make a statement and be league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, athlete of the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: LMAO

Throw the ferrit in the bathtub.

.....ask, and ye shall receive!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
No doubt Andy played terribly. Not even going to say anything different. Everybody saw it. But he was far from the only one.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: Andys record bested Manning because his record was for 30 throws or more. When Andy makes a statement, Andy makes a statement!

So now we're going to start trusting ESPN's QBR. Peyton Manning was picked off 6 times once. Fitzy threw 6 last year. Heck, Fitz went 20-44-188-0-6. How is that stat line not worse than 16-31-170-0-4? Here's the best part...Fitz wasn't even sacked in his game. Dalton was sacked 5 times, hurried a ton and his receivers were covered. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else laughing out loud at the ferrit in the bathtub.

I am, thanks Wyche. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anyone else laughing out loud at the ferrit in the bathtub.

I am, thanks Wyche. Cool

[Image: tenor.gif]

Hell......we all need a laugh today!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Hell......we all need a laugh today!

Yeah we do, need to keep bumping this to help the Bengal brethren out.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So now we're going to start trusting

[Image: Trust%20Fall%20Refreshments.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dalton is predetermining his passes (and getting them out too quick) because he doesn't trust his protection. It was a bad outing, and even worse if this becomes a habit.

I think Dalton can turn it around, but this is back to back seasons where he cant trust his protection. And when he is protected it's so random his timing is off. It's going to take consistency and trust to get him back on track.

I'm just not sure this line can provide either.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I actually think he will improve and we might win Thursday. He may play good rest of season and lead us back to the playoffs. You just never know when bad Andy will turn up again. Probably with our luck as a fanbase. It will show up again in the playoffs at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I actually think he will improve and we might win Sunday. He may play good rest of season and lead us back to the playoffs.  You just never know when bad Andy will turn up again. Probably with our luck as a fanbase. It will show up again in the playoffs at the end of the year.

I agree we might win Sunday. But, we'll proabably lose Thursday. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I actually think he will improve and we might win Thursday. He may play good rest of season and lead us back to the playoffs. You just never know when bad Andy will turn up again. Probably with our luck as a fanbase. It will show up again in the playoffs at the end of the year.

It has less to Do with Andy and more to do with center and left tackle this year.
Reply/Quote
When I look at the facts...

- Dalton has historically performed well
- He's been excellent vs the Ravens since 2014 (96.4 rating...9 total TDs with only 2 INTs in 5 games)

I just wonder what happened to cause such a performance. I know people love to just scream "he sucks", but I think it might be just a smidge more complicated than that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I actually think he will improve and we might win Thursday. He may play good rest of season and lead us back to the playoffs.  You just never know when bad Andy will turn up again. Probably with our luck as a fanbase. It will show up again in the playoffs at the end of the year.

He won't 'improve'. It was a bad game, they all have them. Dalton is a good Quarterback, and it will show. Will it against the Texans, the team that always terrorized him? I don't know, but he will be back to form. I believe it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote