Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers At Pats (-7)?
Who do you like betting in this one?

Given that the Steelers will be without Bryant and Bell, not to mention the fact that it's in Foxborough, I think it's a pretty safe bet to take the Pats -7 because you have to think that Brady will come out on fire after the whole deflategate scandal, especially since Pittsburgh's defense should be pretty bad.

Thoughts? Is it a good bet?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 11:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who do you like betting in this one?

Given that the Steelers will be without Bryant and Bell, not to mention the fact that it's in Foxborough, I think it's a pretty safe bet to take the Pats -7 because you have to think that Brady will come out on fire after the whole deflategate scandal, especially since Pittsburgh's defense should be pretty bad.

Thoughts? Is it a good bet?

remember the patriots lost their 2 starting CBs and the steelers still have ben and Brown...

Expect a big air game... as the steelers D rated last during the preseason vs the pass.
Reply/Quote
I think last season was the one time NE lost an opening game in a decade.

You bet on Pats on opening day.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 04:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think last season was the one time NE lost an opening game in a decade.

You bet on Pats on opening day.

But the question is the spread. No doubt they win, but by 7+? Tough to say.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 11:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: remember the patriots lost their 2 starting CBs and the steelers still have ben and Brown...

Expect a big air game... as the steelers D rated last during the preseason vs the pass.

Yeah, but the Pats pass rush should be improved with Chandler Jones back healthy and I think Malcom Brown could cause some damage from DT.

The Steelers also lost most of their secondary (I think) and Dick Lebeau.  

The Pats also lost a lot of their secondary, but I just trust Tom in PrimeTime on the biggest stages, especially with the Steelers D looking the weakest it has since I can remember.  
Reply/Quote
Good News

-Steelers lose.
-Antonio Brown got me 28.3 points.
-I'm dominating the team I'm playing in the league with Reds' players and staff.

BAD News

-I had the Pats -7 for $200 and they push on the last real play of the game.
-Skip Schumaker's team is STACKED, so I might be playing for second place at best because he has Big Ben, Tom Brady, AP, Julio Jones, Gronk, and then who cares after that because that's enough to dominate.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 03:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good News

-Steelers lose.
-Antonio Brown got me 28.3 points.
-I'm dominating the team I'm playing in the league with Reds' players and staff.

BAD News

-I had the Pats -7 for $200 and they push on the last real play of the game.
-Skip Schumaker's team is STACKED, so I might be playing for second place at best because he has Big Ben, Tom Brady, AP, Julio Jones, Gronk, and then who cares after that because that's enough to dominate.

PPR league? and did the other guy even have a guy play?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 10:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: PPR league? and did the other guy even have a guy play?

Yes, PPR.

The guy I'm playing did not have anyone playing.

Schumaker had Big Ben, Tom Brady, and Gronk, so he had 57.95 points last night and would have had 67.9 if he had started Brady (I'm not playing him this week, luckily).

Brayana Pena is in a different league (there's three separate leagues of Reds players, staff, media, people like me), but he started Brady, Gronk, and the Pats D, and he has 67.9 points.

No one else in my division (league) scored more than 5 points, so looks like it might be just me and Schu going for the title.
Reply/Quote