Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E.J. Manuel
I'm not a Bills fan by any means but their whole QB situation confuses me.

Everyone says Manuel sucks and is the worst QB on the team, but every preseason game that I checked in on the guy seemed to be just fine.

There were games where he had 3 throws and yet still had a TD... and he is bad?

Is there anyone out there that can clarify what exactly happened in Buffalo that gave this guy such a bad reputation. In my eyes he is the best QB on the roster, as long as you don't let Tyrod Taylors backyard style of play cloud your vision.

I get that the Bills think they can win NOW, but why not see what they have in this guy? Was he really THAT bad the one year he was able to play?

Hopefully someone has some more insight.
Reply/Quote
EJ locks onto primary receivers, doesn’t read defenses to identify weaknesses, is generally slow to make decisions. That preseason game you mention he took over for his first series of the game on the Bills' 1-yard line, then ran a drive that lasted 10 plays, but covered only 18 yards in 6 minutes, 44 seconds.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:16 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: EJ locks onto primary receivers, doesn’t read defenses to identify weaknesses, is generally slow to make decisions. That preseason game you mention he took over for his first series of the game on the Bills' 1-yard line, then ran a drive that lasted 10 plays, but covered only 18 yards in 6 minutes, 44 seconds.

Thanks, its hard to tell what is going on without actually watching the game. I always just see the highlights of his pretty deep ball... I guess it only works when the receiver he locks into beats man coverage on a go route lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 02:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm not a Bills fan by any means but their whole QB situation confuses me.

Everyone says Manuel sucks and is the worst QB on the team, but every preseason game that I checked in on the guy seemed to be just fine.

There were games where he had 3 throws and yet still had a TD... and he is bad?

Is there anyone out there that can clarify what exactly happened in Buffalo that gave this guy such a bad reputation. In my eyes he is the best QB on the roster, as long as you don't let Tyrod Taylors backyard style of play cloud your vision.

I get that the Bills think they can win NOW, but why not see what they have in this guy? Was he really THAT bad the one year he was able to play?

Hopefully someone has some more insight.

I watched him play many games at FSU.  He was a vanilla QB with tremendous upside due to his stature and "big arm".  When I say he was vanilla I mean he never seemed to shine.  He just held the reigns and multiple times lacked the skills to wotk his way through difficult situations.  He was one read and go.  This is why he looks so good in the preseason where defenses and offenses are vanilla.  he can't and never will be able to handle more.  He doesn't have it between the ears.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That 2013 draft was awful if you needed a QB. The best one to come out of that draft is Mike Glennon.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When he came out of the draft he reminded me of a Daunte Culpepper.... he didn't have much between the ears either haha.
Reply/Quote