Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
Everyone expects him to do well. He's gotten a lot of media attention, so there will be a lot of pressure. I'm expecting him to continue to play well under pressure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm already sold on Burrow, so can they PLEASE, PLEASE bench him tonight. Last thing I want is another #1 injured draftee.

Thanks
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 08:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What bounty of picks? You have no idea if any team would even make an offer.

Yeah, I read somewhere the other day that 1OA pick being traded has only happened something like 10 or 11 times since 1970.
Reply/Quote
BTW, is there going to be a game thread for tonight?
Reply/Quote
"I know were getting most of the blitzs we see picked up" - The last time these words left Joe Burrow's mouth
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:01 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: BTW, is there going to be a game thread for tonight?

You’re in it lol

Reply/Quote
swinney talking up burrow like this is just a recruiting tool for future QB's. telling parents everywhere he'll go out of his way to protect their son's from the possibility of being drafted by the most poorly run organization in the history of professional sports.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: swinney talking up burrow like this is just a recruiting tool for future QB's.  telling parents everywhere he'll go out of his way to protect their son's from the possibility of being drafted by the most poorly run organization in the history of professional sports.

Doubt the Browns pick a Quarterback.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I’d like to see him do well, obviously ... but if he happens to poop the bed I might be back in the Young + tank for Trevor camp.

BTW, McShay said if Lawrence came out this year, he’d go first overall.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone hear Saban discussing all the looks LSU throws out there offensively? Makes me really want Brady to pair with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 08:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What bounty of picks? You have no idea if any team would even make an offer.

If he does really well tonight, on top of a fantastic regular season and the Heisman, there will be some teams who would offer a lot for him.  A bidding war could ensue.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:33 PM)shanebo Wrote: Did anyone hear Saban discussing all the looks LSU throws out there offensively? Makes me really want Brady to pair with Burrow.

Will we have the **** to trade up to get him???? or negotiate for him, etc. etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re in it lol

what? in jungle noise?  niceeeeeee  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Teams make offers every year for the 1, 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Teams make offers every year for the 1, 

And teams trade out of the number 1 very rarely.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Teams make offers every year for the 1, 

(01-13-2020, 09:44 PM)Synric Wrote: And teams trade out of the number 1 very rarely.

Both of these statements are true.  Remember, not all trade offers are made public.  In fact, very few of them are.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Legit; what is so special about Graeters and what makes it different from other ice creams?

I've never had it, so I'm genuinely curious.

In short; nothing.

Don't let those boys down there talk you into trying goetta either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 08:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, is this thread going to be the pseudo-gameday thread for the game?

It can't get that bad, can it?  Can it?!!!  Dammit, tell me it wont get that bad!!!!

Jk, I already know the answer.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:52 PM)jason Wrote: In short; nothing.

Don't let those boys down there talk you into trying goetta either.

Cincinnati food review -- and yes I'm from Cincinnati:  Goetta is vile.  Skyline is awful.  Gold Star is tolerable.  LaRosa's is good.  Graeter's is sweet ambrosia made by angels.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 09:01 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: BTW, is there going to be a game thread for tonight?

Did you not read the thread title?  This IS the gameday thread.  

Fill your glass, get your snacks ready, this is going to be an epic showdown of the two QBs who will dominate the NFL for the next 15 years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote