Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
His attitude didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. Hey, they lost.. He should feel kind of crappy. Did anyone expect him to jump up and fist bump the media after looking terrible compared to Burrow?  To me he looked kind of average and in the NFL that will likely continue.. hey! Maybe the Browns will get him and they can continue their whining ways..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Surely even Mikey can't eff this up!

JB is Mikeys bell cow he has wanted all his life.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:00 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: A team will either get a first round and than some to move up, or will get a franchise QB. Kid will be sensational. Would love to see a rematch in a few years with the Bengals and Joe vs Whomever with Trevor for a superbowl. 

Imagine if Lawrence ended up on the Steelers next year.  They could be duking it out at least twice a year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Imagine if Lawrence ended up on the Steelers next year. 

Yep, or Tua this year  Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:56 PM)Okeana Wrote: Shrug no grown man... and he is a grown man... should be flipping his hair and rolling his eyes like that.  Reminds me when Cam Newton lost the Superbowl and acted like a child; I knew that guy wasn't shit after that.  Front runners always look like world-beaters when they have everything going their way, but when that light gets shined on them they turn into Seinfeld's Two-faced girlfriend.

Start video at 1:00 

Seinfeld is not my generation, but IDK how they had Trevor in the show. I don't consider myself a grown man, I just ran down the street naked last night for not hitting a cup in beer pong. This kid is learning to lose, DO NOT bet against clemson next year. I expect him to earn the heisman and CFB championship next year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Imagine if Lawrence ended up on the Steelers next year.  They could be duking it out at least twice a year.

Please do not give me morning wood after my morning wood. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well...he did get dinged by that caveman towards the end of the half. It could have been catastrophic if i hadn't intervened.  Cool

Thank you for your service.  ThumbsUp
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Imagine if Lawrence ended up on the Steelers next year.  They could be duking it out at least twice a year.

The Steelers have never had a losing season under Mike Tomlin. It's highly unlikely they end up with a high enough pick to get Lawrence unless they trade a king's ransom to get it. Maybe they will though. They did trade away picks to get Fitzpatrick and also jump ahead of the Bengals to get Bush.

I think their (far) more likely option is to go after a QB like Jacob Eason or Jordan Love and groom him for a year or two until Roethlisberger hangs it up. Although PIT's earliest draft pick is only 49, so they may even have to trade up from that to get Eason/Love. We'll have to see, but I'm very happy they have such a late pick :)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:47 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought you said in all seriousness? Lebron is a total D-bag and Burrow is humble as hell. Just stop

He is also the greatest basketball player ever and a hometown hero. BTW Burrow isn't that humble and I don't think that's a bad thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
For those interested FIRST TAKE about to discuss if Joe Burrow can turn around the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:49 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: For those interested FIRST TAKE about to discuss if Joe Burrow can turn around the Bengals

Don't give those losers any of your time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:49 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: For those interested FIRST TAKE about to discuss if Joe Burrow can turn around the Bengals

Let me save you some time.

After careful thought and deliberation, supported by calm and reasonable arguments, they will determine the answer to be no.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Max Kellerman: Bengals are relevant right away! He’s NFL ready

Stephen Smith: No, because of Mike Brown! Bengals are a horrible franchise. Mike Brown isn’t trying to win. Burrow will fail because Mike Brown will not give Burrow what he needs. They are not a first class or even a second class organization. Joe Burrow needs to go somewhere else like Miami. Bengals will contaminate him!

Stephen not holding back.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:42 PM)J24 Wrote: He is also the greatest basketball player ever and a hometown hero. BTW Burrow isn't that humble and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I don’t even like basketball, but is he? Better than Michael Jordan?

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:55 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Max Kellerman: Bengals are relevant right away! He’s NFL ready

Stephen Smith: No, because of Mike Brown! Bengals are a horrible franchise. Mike Brown isn’t trying to win. Burrow will fail because Mike Brown will not give Burrow what he needs. They are not a first class or even a second class organization. Joe Burrow needs to go somewhere else like Miami. Bengals will contaminate him!

Stephen not holding back.

Yeah, because Miami has been a bastion of success for QB’s since Dan Marino...LOL

Smith is a clown.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Steelers have never had a losing season under Mike Tomlin. It's highly unlikely they end up with a high enough pick to get Lawrence unless they trade a king's ransom to get it. Maybe they will though. They did trade away picks to get Fitzpatrick and also jump ahead of the Bengals to get Bush.

I think their (far) more likely option is to go after a QB like Jacob Eason or Jordan Love and groom him for a year or two until Roethlisberger hangs it up. Although PIT's earliest draft pick is only 49, so they may even have to trade up from that to get Eason/Love. We'll have to see, but I'm very happy they have such a late pick :)

I fully expect the Stealers to either 1) tank the whole next season to get in a position where they can move up just a few spots to take #1, or 2) trade the farm to get the Clemson hippie. No way are they going to roll with Mason Rudolph in a Division with Burrow, Jackson and Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t even like basketball, but is he? Better than Michael Jordan?

At this stage of his career, absolutely.

- He has 3 titles to Jordan's 6, yes, but 1 was NOT on a stacked team (all of Jordan's were)
- Outside of scoring, he has better numbers than MJ across the board... and even then, the scoring numbers are insane.
- He can play 1-5 and be among the best in the league at each position. Jordan could never play C and possibly, not even PF.

When people were calling Lebron the best after 1 championship on a stacked team in Miami, that was presumptuous, but after 2 more (again, 1 being in Cleveland), more Finals appearances, more MVPs and just his ability to adapt and stay relevant in today's game, he's absolutely better than Jordan, IMO.

Chamberlain is still the best ever, IMO, but that's an argument for another day Wink

EDIT: Just for a very quick, dirty comparison.

Lebron:

RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FPG PPG FG% 3P% FT%
7.4 7.3 1.6 0.8 3.5 1.8 27.1 .504 .344 .735

MJ:

RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FPG PPG FG% 3P% FT%
6.2 5.3 2.3 0.8 2.7 2.6 30.1 .497 .327 .835

Pure scorer, MJ wins. All-around, Lebron wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Chamberlain is still the best ever, IMO, but that's an argument for another day Wink

Pistol Pete....
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:42 PM)J24 Wrote: He is also the greatest basketball player ever and a hometown hero. BTW Burrow isn't that humble and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Uh, I think Burrow is plenty humble.  Sure he has self-confidence, but he always puts his team before himself and understands his own faults so he can work on them which may actually be the definition of humble.  Lebron has never put anyone before himself.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pistol Pete....

I see your Pete Maravich and raise you a Bob Cousy Wink
Reply/Quote