Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
(01-14-2020, 03:53 PM)jason Wrote: Dalton doesn't though... So you've got that.

[Image: thumb_1080x1080_00001_1575034082_66088.j...center,top]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: MJ was an amazing defender which was overshadowed by his offensive awesomeness. 

MJ had an incredible killer instinct and drive at the highest elite level.

MJ >> Lebron 

For that matter, I would take a Larry Bird in his prime over Lebron. Because look at Birds numbers way back in the day when defense was way more nastier than todays modern softer rules.

Literally, not posting anymore about this (I never intended to start a discussion; Nicomo asked and I offered my opinion), so stop, people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Without watching any college football all year, here were my main takeaways on Joe.

-Joe has the best deep ball we may have ever seen. The one ball that #1 dropped in the endzone was right on the outside shoulder. He overthrew one pass from what I remember, but it wasn't by much.

-He has accuracy too, he placed it right where it needed to be on the slants. I'm excited to get away from the Andy Dalton high passes that get our receivers murdered.

-Joe Burrow can take a shot and get back up. The LB that got booted from the game was a mauler, and that hit looked painful.

-Joe's best feature is that he salvages every yard possible. He turns a -8 yard sack into a -2 yard sack. He will turn a covered pass into a 7 yard gain with his legs. He finds a way to find guys downfield in a way that other QBs can't imitate.

I believe Joe will have some growing pains because NFL CBs are way better than the guys he has been facing. He puts up a lot of 50/50 balls, but his receivers are really good. Honestly, it points to the need for AJ or someone else early in the draft this upcoming year.

The draw call on 3rd down with no timeouts was the best playcall I think I have ever seen. It was the most unexpected call and they executed perfectly. Impressive.

Oh, and since I saw the debate on here... Trevor Lawrence is highly overrated in my book. Granted I've only seen one game, but I didn't like what I saw. He looks like a guy they would try to convert to WR in the NFL.

You said it yourself, you only watched one game. Lawrence is a true sophomore, and is a very good QB. He was off last night a bit, but he wasn't last year, or against OSU when he brought them back from two scores down.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, even though the jerseys are different (slightly) now, I may do this as well.

Can we just order a nameplate online or does it have to be done at PBS? (keep in mind, I'm in Canada!)

I'm in Florida, so I'm hoping it can be done online too.
Reply/Quote
You guys are crazy putting Burrow on an old jersey. Not only would that drive my OCD crazy, but you also shouldn’t be putting that bad juju on him!

Reply/Quote
(in hushed voice) Some of us can't afford ridiculous exchange rates? Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 03:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe Burrow will be on center stage tonight, with the eyes of Bengals nation watching intently.

If you're already on board with him being drafted by the Bengals. what are you hoping to see from him tonight?

If you don't like the idea of Burrow as the Bengals 1OA, what could you see in this game that might change your mind?

To get this kicked off, here a a few videos that I thought were good watches...

Hands down,our Bengals Have to Draft this guy with the with the 1st pick,He is the real deal and guys like him only come around every 10 years and his parents live in Athen,Ohio.This is going to be our biggest and 1st big link to right the ship.And I believe ZT will make this O-line right.If this guy stays healthy he is going to be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:54 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: [Image: thumb_1080x1080_00001_1575034082_66088.j...center,top]

That's 9 years ago... He's grown now.

You can find a picture of me with my hat backward and earrings too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I just saw that the Panthers are hiring LSU's passing game coordinator Joe Brady. It would have been nice to see him join the Bengals if/when then Bengals draft Burrow.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just saw that the Panthers are hiring LSU's passing game coordinator Joe Brady. It would have been nice to see him join the Bengals if/when then Bengals draft Burrow.

Wtf he just signed an extension with LSU...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:02 PM)jason Wrote: That's 9 years ago... He's grown now.

You can find a picture of me with my hat backward and earrings too.

Seeing that he has an NFL 100 logo on that hat, that'd be this year...

(01-14-2020, 08:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just saw that the Panthers are hiring LSU's passing game coordinator Joe Brady. It would have been nice to see him join the Bengals if/when then Bengals draft Burrow.

It was basically he would go with Rhule, Wink Martindale or stay at LSU.

All rumours were that he wasn't interested in going where Burrow was going, either (even before we secured the first pick).
Reply/Quote
Brady was never happening here. Taylor's not giving up playcalling unless ownership demands it, and we know that isn't happening.

Comedy that Panthers fans think they're getting Burrow now.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Seeing that he has an NFL 100 logo on that hat, that'd be this year...

It was basically he would go with Rhule, Wink Martindale or stay at LSU.

All rumours were that he wasn't interested in going where Burrow was going, either (even before we secured the first pick).

Andy Dalton's always been ahead of his time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:49 PM)jason Wrote: Andy Dalton's always been ahead of his time.

I do see a lot more guys wearing those rubber wedding rings these days...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:49 PM)jason Wrote: Andy Dalton's always been ahead of his time.

If not his receivers.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Comedy that Panthers fans think they're getting Burrow now.

It's been funny as hell on Twitter since the news was announced...as many Panthers fans instantly began doing the calculations of what it would take to trade up and get Burrow.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: VCAuJmN.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. They’re nasty. Most QB’s would have wilted under all that pressure last night.

Yep, to Burrow's credit he beat an undefeated team.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's been funny as hell on Twitter since the news was announced...as many Panthers fan instantly began doing the calculations of what it would take to trade up and get Burrow.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: VCAuJmN.gif]

Good luck to them beating the 4D chess this guy is playing.

[Image: CGNHMQSf5Lfx0Oo48HkNNIhnJTRWqpCp7ah-I7Qf...-p-k-no-nu]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Anyone else disappointed in Trevor Lawrence's post-game attitude?  A typical front runner who has had everything go his way in life and he acted like a 15-year-old girl talking to her parents.  I think he got really exposed in this game and I would rather have Burrow or Tua any day over that guy.

Link it, i'd like to see the loser act like a loser, that's what it sounds like. 

He may end up replacing Mayfield by the sounds of it in 2 years.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He also won 41 straight games in HS. So it's been 67 games since he has tasted defeat. I am thrilled that we are in position to draft Joe, but there's no reason for folks to be bashing Trevor. The kid is a phenom and I fully expect an NFL team or 2 to not try 100% to win all their game next year.

Plus I am not sure what people watched, but I thought his post game speech was fine. Yeah you could tell he was upset, but he answered every question fully without giving any sarcastic answers. Did not even come close to Cam after super bowl loss. 
Reply/Quote