Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
(01-14-2020, 08:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Brady was never happening here. Taylor's not giving up playcalling unless ownership demands it, and we know that isn't happening.

Comedy that Panthers fans think they're getting Burrow now.

(01-14-2020, 08:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's been funny as hell on Twitter since the news was announced...as many Panthers fan instantly began doing the calculations of what it would take to trade up and get Burrow.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: VCAuJmN.gif]

Funny thing is and truly, I am NOT downplaying his contribution, but he was JUST a WR coach and passing game coordinator; he didn't handle any of the run game (which was also awesome) and didn't call a single play.

Then, you require a halfway decent oline (which the Panthers absolutely don't have) and you need a Burrow-like QB, one who is more about accuracy and touch, rather than a cannon arm.

Brady could fall as flat on his face as he could take the league by storm.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 10:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny thing is and truly, I am NOT downplaying his contribution, but he was JUST a WR coach and passing game coordinator; he didn't handle any of the run game (which was also awesome) and didn't call a single play.

Then, you require a halfway decent oline (which the Panthers absolutely don't have) and you need a Burrow-like QB, one who is more about accuracy and touch, rather than a cannon arm.

Thinking that Joe Brady falling flat on his face is more likely than Burrow even with this coaching staff.

Just judging off his play, Burrow is the exact type of QB this team needs, kind of crazy how he came on right as we fell off a cliff.

Needed this. It is time for the new reign. Lets kick ass Joe. Cool
Reply/Quote
Another moment missed by this inept front office who just doesn't care about winning (or taking advantage of a moment that may have led to a decade of success). There's not one person in this city that couldn't see the potential pairing both Brady and Burrow could bring. Not one person but Mike Brown and co that is.

Looks like if this Burrow era is going to be a success it'll be by miracle (ZT's "system"). And we all know miracles don't happen around here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 09:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Plus I am not sure what people watched, but I thought his post game speech was fine. Yeah you could tell he was upset, but he answered every question fully without giving any sarcastic answers. Did not even come close to Cam after super bowl loss. 

......and put the loss on himself. Said he not only didn't make enough plays, but that he made a lot of bad throws that cost his team. WTF are people talking about?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wtf he just signed an extension with LSU...

No new contract was signed. He agreed in principle to a 3year $3million contract extension which effectively set his minimum price to move to the NFL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 10:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny thing is and truly, I am NOT downplaying his contribution, but he was JUST a WR coach and passing game coordinator; he didn't handle any of the run game (which was also awesome) and didn't call a single play.

That's false.  Whenever they went to bunch formations, Brady called most of the plays out of that formation.  
Reply/Quote
I think we are due for a miracle, what's the worse that can happen? We become unbearable like the Browns?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's false.  Whenever they went to bunch formations, Brady called most of the plays out of that formation.  

Indeed.

I read something after I posted my post, that he did call some of the plays, in specific formations.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote