Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Official Tanner Hudson for TE1 campaign thread
(09-29-2023, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here and was wanting DW, but our FO clearly knew something we did not at the time and made the right decision in not drafting him.

Robbins still should improve and he is the one pick where I would of taken a TE instead in hindsight. Murphy could be a stud down the road 
for us, but I also would of been fine with Michael Mayer at 28 too.

Looks like they where high enough on Laporta to take him at 28 possibly ans he is playing the best out of rhe rookie TEs... Then it's a tie between Musgrave and Kincaid. My guy Brenton Strange is only getting run blocking reps right now but he was the best rookie TE this pre-season. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 04:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like they where high enough on Laporta to take him at 28 possibly ans he is playing the best out of rhe rookie TEs...  Then it's a tie between Musgrave and Kincaid. My guy Brenton Strange is only getting run blocking reps right now but he was the best rookie TE this pre-season. 
You're right. Zac said after the draft that La Porta and Kincaid were the ones they were coveting in the early rounds. La Porta was still on the board when we were picking at 28th, but I think that they didn't expect Myles Murphy to slide that far and they held him in high regard. If La Porta was there waiting for a call in the end of the second round I think he would be the choice, but it would mean we lose out on D.J Turner and he's been doing well so far. 

Now what if Kincaid was still there at 28th, would we pick him? Was Kincaid above Murphy on their board? We'll never know.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 04:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like they where high enough on Laporta to take him at 28 possibly ans he is playing the best out of rhe rookie TEs...  Then it's a tie between Musgrave and Kincaid. My guy Brenton Strange is only getting run blocking reps right now but he was the best rookie TE this pre-season. 

So true. I was high on LaPorta too unlike some people who I will not name. I was hoping for him to fall to the 2nd but I don't know if I 
would take him over either of our first 2 picks. I love DJ Turner and what he has shown and MM could be great down the road once he 
gets his plan down. MM has all the tools to be a great D-lineman if the coaches and him can put it all together.

(09-29-2023, 04:57 PM)Bengalion Wrote: You're right. Zac said after the draft that La Porta and Kincaid were the ones they were coveting in the early rounds. La Porta was still on the board when we were picking at 28th, but I think that they didn't expect Myles Murphy to slide that far and they held him in high regard. If La Porta was there waiting for a call in the end of the second round I think he would be the choice, but it would mean we lose out on D.J Turner and he's been doing well so far. 

Now what if Kincaid was still there at 28th, would we pick him? Was Kincaid above Murphy on their board? We'll never know.

Great post, yes, we will never know on that one. Hindsight will be 20/20 afterwards but a lot of people will dog on Murphy for awhile 
until he shows a ton. MM was after all supposed to be a mid 1st round pick and he has a ton of talent.
Reply/Quote
Targ-Rec-Yd-FD OSnaps PFF
Inv Snith Jr. 9-5-27-1 76 40.9
Drew Sample 1-1-7-0 66 53.7
Mitchell Wilcox 2-2-10-0 41 55.9
Tanner Hudson 4-2-30-1 36 58.5

In order of depth chart. Bengals.com doesn't even go to #4. Despite fewer offensive snaps and with a way too small sample size, he's the most productive. If another TE was a good blocker, I assume it would show up in the PFF grade. Sample and Wilcox have all the ST snaps. Again a small sample size, also is more trusted by OC and Burrow to get more targets. This seems another example of the coaches seeing something that we don't and isn't reflected in results.
Reply/Quote
If Hudson has a good game and the Bengals let him go back to the practice squad the next day, then he will get grabbed by another team. Sooner or later the guy produces needs polished and reps, but you see the talent.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears you have me confused with someone who doesn't think TE is a weakness on this team. IMO we should have taken Darnell Washington instead of trading back and getting Battle/Robbins. I woulda taken Josh Whylie over Charlie Jones.  

(09-29-2023, 02:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: I also was hoping that the Bengals would take Darnell Washington when he had fallen to the 3rd round.

(09-29-2023, 03:12 PM)3wt Wrote: I was big on Washington after looking at his film. 

After 3 games and 80 snaps at TE, Darnell Washington's receiving stat sheet is nothing but zeros. His run blocking is mid graded at 55.6.

The Bengals could make a huge splash with this trade right now:

Higgins for Pitts straight up.

Higgins as a quality WR is higher value, however Pitts has 2 years on left his rookie deal and when it comes to an extension he will likely be 5-10M per year cheaper than Higgins.

Hot take I know, and havent really thought about it too much, but .....thoughts?

Reply/Quote
The case for is easy

He’s played the best

But Irv only got to okay with Burrow at his worst. I need to see Irv when Burrow isn’t as bad as he was VS Cleveland and Baltimore then i can make a decision.

EVERYONE(minus Tee) looked better VS the Rams because Burrow just played better.
-Housh
Reply/Quote