Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official UDFA signings
only 10. And only 2 offensive linemen. They will still be adding players if they intend to bring 90 to camp.

The Bengals today announced they have reached contract agreements with the following 10 college free agents:

DT Tyler Clark; 6-3, 289; Georgia; Americus, Ga.
G Clay Cordasco; 6-5, 306; Oregon State; Cornish, Maine
DT Trey Dishon; 6-2, 295; Kansas State; Horton, Kan.
DE Kendall Futrell; 6-2, 222; East Carolina; Winterville, N.C.
OT Josh Knipfel; 6-6, 309; Iowa State, Hampton, Iowa
LB Marcel Spears Jr.; 6-0, 221; Iowa State; Olathe, Kan.
CB Isiah Swann; 5-11, 188; Dartmouth; Queen Creek, Ariz.
WR Scotty Washington; 6-5, 217; Wake Forest; Washington, D.C.
HB Devwah Whaley; 5-10, 211; Arkansas; Beaumont, Texas
TE Mitchell Wilcox; 6-4, 247; South Florida; Tarpon Springs, Fla.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Spears, Wilcox, Washington have a chance to make the roster. Maybe Clark.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1 OT?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 07:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 1 OT?

That's right.  They picked up Fred Johnson late in the season, drafted Adeniji, and signed Knipfel.  Add them in with Williams, Hart and Prince, we have a total 6 at the moment.  There are always a few veterans cut along the way to the beginning of the season, so plenty of time to keep looking at Tackles.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right.  They picked up Fred Johnson late in the season, drafted Adeniji, and signed Knipfel.  Add them in with Williams, Hart and Prince, we have a total 6 at the moment.  There are always a few veterans cut along the way to the beginning of the season, so plenty of time to keep looking at Tackles.

In addition to the first pick of every round in the draft, the Bengals also have the first pick of every player on the waiver wire until game 3 of the regular season.

(Players with less than 4 years in the NFL are subject to waivers if cut; players with more than 4 years in the NFL become free agents if cut.)

Another benefit of finishing last.  I expect that the Bengals have factored this prominently into their offseason roster-building strategy and expect lots of transactions and turnover until then.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 07:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Spears, Wilcox, Washington  have a chance to make the roster.  Maybe Clark.

I think Swann has a better chance than Spears.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:53 PM)offside Wrote: In addition to the first pick of every round in the draft, the Bengals also have the first pick of every player on the waiver wire until game 3 of the regular season.

(Players with less than 4 years in the NFL are subject to waivers if cut; players with more than 4 years in the NFL become free agents if cut.)

Another benefit of finishing last.  I expect that the Bengals have factored this prominently into their offseason roster-building strategy and expect lots of transactions and turnover until then.

Didn’t know this

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:53 PM)offside Wrote: In addition to the first pick of every round in the draft, the Bengals also have the first pick of every player on the waiver wire until game 3 of the regular season.

Great point. This is great news.

To the OP, I like Clark, Knipfel, Washington and Wilcox the most out of these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 09:28 PM)pulses Wrote: I think Swann has a better chance than Spears.

I hope so.  He has the metrics for sure.  It is becoming a tight DB room.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 05:36 PM)pally Wrote: only 10. And only 2 offensive linemen. They will still be adding players if they intend to bring 90 to camp.  

The Bengals today announced they have reached contract agreements with the following 10 college free agents:

DT Tyler Clark; 6-3, 289; Georgia; Americus, Ga.
G Clay Cordasco; 6-5, 306; Oregon State; Cornish, Maine
DT Trey Dishon; 6-2, 295; Kansas State; Horton, Kan.
DE Kendall Futrell; 6-2, 222; East Carolina; Winterville, N.C.
OT Josh Knipfel; 6-6, 309; Iowa State, Hampton, Iowa
LB Marcel Spears Jr.; 6-0, 221; Iowa State; Olathe, Kan.
CB Isiah Swann; 5-11, 188; Dartmouth; Queen Creek, Ariz.
WR Scotty Washington; 6-5, 217; Wake Forest; Washington, D.C.
HB Devwah Whaley; 5-10, 211; Arkansas; Beaumont, Texas
TE Mitchell Wilcox; 6-4, 247; South Florida; Tarpon Springs, Fla.

A 222 lb DE?  Shocked
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Alex Tchangam from Colorado. I noticed this kid's proday and it's pretty impressive. He has not signed anywhere yet to my knowledge. I watched some of his play and he is very raw and doesn't use his hands well but those measurables got my attention.

LB Alex Tchangam: 6-2, 244 lbs, 9 7/8 hand, 80 7/8 wingspan, 4.48 40-yard, 32″ vert, 119″ broad, 4.52 shuttle, 7.06 3-cone, 27 bench reps
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 05:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope so.  He has the metrics for sure.  It is becoming a tight DB room.  

Yes it is. I like him backing up at the slot and playing some nickel.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 05:51 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Alex Tchangam from Colorado. I noticed this kid's proday and it's pretty impressive. He has not signed anywhere yet to my knowledge. I watched some of his play and he is very raw and doesn't use his hands well but those measurables got my attention.

LB Alex Tchangam: 6-2, 244 lbs, 9 7/8 hand, 80 7/8 wingspan, 4.48 40-yard, 32″ vert, 119″ broad, 4.52 shuttle, 7.06 3-cone, 27 bench reps

yeah someone needs to sign him up.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A 222 lb DE?  Shocked

He will obviously play OLB and possibly hybrid safety here. He had 11 sacks last year and a bunch of TFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:20 PM)pulses Wrote: He will obviously play OLB and possibly hybrid safety here. He had 11 sacks last year and a bunch of TFL.

Futrell could be a sleeper for us, he has good length and pass rushing skills.

Seems like he has very long arms watching him play.
Reply/Quote

Thanks for the info offside  

Being first on the waiver wire could really pay off for us

We could use a backup QB and RB/OL help
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:20 PM)pulses Wrote: He will obviously play OLB and possibly hybrid safety here. He had 11 sacks last year and a bunch of TFL.

OLB yes, obviously. I'm just surprised he was so light and playing DL in college. I guess you can get away with that in the American Conference.
I don't see any way he plays safety though, as nothing about his production indicates he can cover.

Maybe this guy lands on the PS, but I don't see how he makes the roster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Futrell could be a sleeper for us, he has good length and pass rushing skills.

Seems like he has very long arms watching him play.

9 1/2-inch hands, 33 3/8-inch arms, and a 80 1/4-inch wingspan

I couldn't find anything exact but it says he has sub 4.6 speed.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 08:23 PM)pulses Wrote: 9 1/2-inch hands, 33 3/8-inch arms, and a 80 1/4-inch wingspan

I couldn't find anything exact but it says he has sub 4.6 speed.

He'll do just fine, until an actual NFL Tackle chest punches him 5 yards backwards.  Tackles are used to dealing with those same numbers, from guys weighing in 40# more, most every snap of the game..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote