Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official minicamp news and notes thread
anybody got a roster for the rookie camp?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 02:33 PM)Zombies0101 Wrote: Did Moritz play in Minicamp?

[Image: tempIMG_7128--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid...height=720]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: tempIMG_7128--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid...height=720]

49 looks good, so it would be nice for him to get more than one catch in pre-season
I hope he stays long enough on our roster that it makes sense to get this shirt, I got the Viking one when I saw the first game at US Bank stadium, but well he was not active that day
Reply/Quote
Saw Phillips had what looked to be an int and potential return for 6.

Will be disappointed if he doesn’t make the regular season roster. Something special about him.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 01:22 PM)treee Wrote: Remember when the wildcat formation took off all over the league after (think it was the Dolphins) ran it pretty extensively probably almost 10 years ago?

Yeah it was the Dolphins and Ronnie Brown. Smashed the Pats using Wildcats, then made it a big part of their offense.

As far a trick plays, I like them, but remember when the Steelers used to kill us with a new trick play almost every time we faced them?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, I hear ya loud and clear.  Like when they ran the piss out of that formation where the ends and tackles split out wide?  Only takes a few examples on film, in order for a DC to prepare for it.  A good gadget play shouldn't be repeated for at least half a season.  That's why the masters are said to have a "bag of tricks", as compared to the mundane being "one trick ponies".

I would be excited to see a return of counters and traps as a regular thing in the rushing attack.  Even if you have the best straight ahead blockers, the guys across the line are professionals just the same.  Gotta always have something else to go to, when the regular get's stalemated.

Yep, make adjustments appropriately.

Hopefully Lazor can do this. Seems to have the players for it. Watched some highlights of Quinton Flowers.

I think he makes the team with his versatility and natural ability to watch a play develop. Could see us using him
in our new run pass option Offense at times with Dalton lining up at Receiver. Andy Dalton 1 target, 1 catch 1 TD.

(05-12-2018, 07:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 3 receiver screen was one that they killed. That's a terrific play and has gained us substantial gains, for awhile. Then teams figured out how to defend, but we kept running it. SMH!

TE screen is much more effective anyways.

(05-13-2018, 03:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Sam Hubbard and defensive line coach Jacob Burney were two of the last to leave practice. Burney coaching him the whole way, stopping at times to demonstrate what he was saying. #Bengals https://t.co/oGFhgiNJCy

Price alsoo stayed a half hour over.

Hubbard could be really good man, he has crazy upside and is very smart listening to him speak.

Had a 2nd round grade on him, couldn't believe he was there for us in the 3rd. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 08:43 AM)bonesaw Wrote: anybody got a roster for the rookie camp?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/05/11/cincinnati-bengals-announce-undrafted-free-agents-rookie-camp-invites-nfl-draft-class/601627002/

Devonte Boyd, WR, UNLV

Height: 6-2
Weight: 193
40-yard dash: 4.59 seconds
Stats: 34 catches, 612 yards, 3 TD in 2017. In 2016 had 45 catches for 746 yards and 4 TD before a season-ending broken arm after 10 games.

Gaelin Elmore, DE, East Carolina
Height: 6-5
Weight: 277
Bench: 15 reps
Stats: Graduate transfer to ECU from Minnesota, where he recorded 39 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss and 4 sacks with the Golden Gophers. Had 14 tackles in 2017.

Austin Fleer, OT, Colorado Mesa
Height: 6-7
Weight: 306
Bench: 18
Stats: Left tackle, Division II All-American second team member in 2017.

Quinton Flowers, HB, University of South Florida

Height: 5-10
Weight: 214
40-yard dash: 4.63 seconds
Stats: 8,130 career passing yards, 71 passing TDs, 3,672 career rushing yards, 41 rushing TDs. 

Jordan Franks, TE, University of Central Florida
Height: 6-3
Weight: 232
40-yard dash: 4.61 seconds
Stats: Caught 12 passes for 120 yards in 2017. Caught 43 career passes for 509 yards and two touchdowns.

Trayvon Henderson, S, Hawaii
Height: 6-0
Weight: 200
40-yard dash: 4.58 seconds
Stats: 22 career passes defensed , 18 career tackles for loss, 9 career interceptions.

Junior Joseph, LB, Connecticut
Height: 6-0
Weight: 229
Bench: 24 reps
Stats: 306 career tackles, four career sacks.

Ray Lowry, RB, Old Dominion University
Height: 5-9
Weight: 205
40-yard dash: 4.51 seconds
Stats: 4,080 career rushing yards, 45 career rushing touchdowns.

Ja'Von Rolland-Jones, LB, Arkansas State
Height: 6-2
Weight: 253 pounds
Bench: 23 reps
Stats: 179 career total tackles, 42 career sacks

Chris Worley, LB, Ohio State
Height: 6-1
Weight: 238 
Bench: 15 reps
Stats: 56 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 2 pass breakups in 2017.

Rookie mini-camp participants
Tyrice Beverette, S, Stony Brook
Tyrone Crowder, G, Clemson
Vic Enwere, FB, California
Jamarae Finnie, DT, Langston
Bryson Gates, LB, Abiliene Christian
James Graham, LB, Illinois State
Matt Linehan, QB, Idaho
Brad Lundblade, C, Oklahoma State
Ryan Mack, CB, Nevada
Shawn Miller, LB, Delaware Valley State 
Virnel Moon, WR, Colorado Mesa 
Chris Okoye, OT, Ferris St 
Simeyon Robinson, DT, James Madison
Nick Seme, LS, Ohio State
Jakobi Smith, G, Florida Atlantic
Spencer Smith, P/K, Memphis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 01:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it was the Dolphins and Ronnie Brown. Smashed the Pats using Wildcats, then made it a big part of their offense.

As far a trick plays, I like them, but remember when the Steelers used to kill us with a new trick play almost every time we faced them?

Yea that was infuriating. At least they needed trick plays to beat us there for a while. Not lately Mellow
Reply/Quote
I just want us to do TRICK plays on the Squeelers for all the times they scored 7 on us with silly trick plays that ALWAYS worked and our lame D coach and D back in the day was caught off guard time after time after time again.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 04:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I just want us to do TRICK plays on the Squeelers for all the times they scored 7 on us with silly trick plays that ALWAYS worked and our lame D coach and D back in the day was caught off guard time after time after time again.

ML. Gaah

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 04:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I just want us to do TRICK plays on the Squeelers for all the times they scored 7 on us with silly trick plays that ALWAYS worked and our lame D coach and D back in the day was caught off guard time after time after time again.

It never ceased to amaze me how the squeelers were so successful running flea flickers around midfield on us.

Everybody in the world knew it was coming !! Steelers 2nd and two on the Cincinnati 47, pitch to the RB entire D bites to that side of field. RB throws it back to QB, entire D bites back to that side of field. There's no body with in 25 yards of the Steelers WR slipping in behind the DB's.

Well everybody except the entire Bengals coaching staff and all the defense on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 03:39 PM)treee Wrote: Yea that was infuriating. At least they needed trick plays to beat us there for a while. Not lately Mellow

Was thinking the same. They beat the snot out of us without trick plays these days.

Still, it's less infuriating than watching Hines Ward throwing TD's or smiling on his way to the end zone with confused Bengals in his wake. Gaah
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Some try out players got contract offers from mini camp. Don't know much about them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/14/bengals-sign-seventh-rounder-auden-tate-three-tryout-players/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 10:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gadget plays are good. However, there were times I think we ran too many.

Yeah good ole Hue Jackson....  Gadget plays are good but if you confuse the refs and get a flag it doesn't help your team
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 12:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some try out players got contract offers from mini camp. Don't know much about them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/14/bengals-sign-seventh-rounder-auden-tate-three-tryout-players/

They cut Mr. Wonderful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I want our defense to be smart enough to sniff out their trick plays and stuff them for losses or interceptions

And I want out offense to be tough enough to flat out run by them or through them without any stupid gimmick plays.

Then pull out the very rare exception to the rule in a playoff game and catch them with their pants down.

Good enough
Tough enough
Smart enough
Composed enough

Enough of this looking like children playing on the adult field.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 10:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I used to love how Jay Gruden incorporated gadget plays into the offense.  It gives opposing defenses an extra wrinkle to always be prepared for.

Loath gadget plays. We end up looking stupid more times than not and I can’t remember the last time gadget plays out points on the board for us.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Flowers being an accomplished QB, having him in the game could provide for some interesting gadget play opportunities.

I love it.  The next Sanu (except Sanu was a WR).
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 10:48 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I love it.  The next Sanu (except Sanu was a WR).

I think someone would need to be cut for Flowers to make 53 roster though
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They cut Mr. Wonderful?  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets just put this rumor to bed right now..I never signed with the team so no, I was never cut.  Ninja  It might be more appropriate to say they've never even known of my existence outside of banning me from the old board on numerous occasions. THEY BANNED MR WONDERFUL!  Cry I'm still waiting for the letter of apology from the mother ship.. Somehow I don't think it'll be forthcoming.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote