You guys should ask him to touch his ring
Only Bengal with a ring lmao
we will beat them now
I hope he can block for Burrow….
You need to acquire some referees
Wtf who puts a CB on waivers the day after winning it all
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 05:22 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Twitter responses ...

Please bring your playbook…..
Hope they let you go to the parade man.
@bengals about to be unstoppable
You guys should ask him to touch his ring
Only Bengal with a ring lmao
we will beat them now
I hope he can block for Burrow….
You need to acquire some referees
Wtf who puts a CB on waivers the day after winning it all

REgarding the Twitter responses: Don't think he would have a Super Bowl ring or go to the parade. And was not put on waivers after the Super Bowl. He was waived in January before the Chiefs met the Bengals, but it could only be made official now. Mainly special teams, but some CB action.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:18 AM)Nepa Wrote: REgarding the Twitter responses: Don't think he would have a Super Bowl ring or go to the parade. And was not put on waivers after the Super Bowl. He was waived in January before the Chiefs met the Bengals, but it could only be made official now. Mainly special teams, but some CB action.

Cool Nepa,  thanks, never heard of Lammons...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:18 AM)Nepa Wrote: REgarding the Twitter responses: Don't think he would have a Super Bowl ring or go to the parade. And was not put on waivers after the Super Bowl. He was waived in January before the Chiefs met the Bengals, but it could only be made official now. Mainly special teams, but some CB action.

Why wouldn't he? He played for them, so he'll get one. I don't know if PS guys get rings, but yeah, if you're on the roster during that season you get a ring. Lammons played 75% of the regular season special teams snaps for the Chiefs in 2022, and played 82% of the ST snaps against the Jags in the postseason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why wouldn't he? He played for them, so he'll get one. I don't know if PS guys get rings, but yeah, if you're on the roster during that season you get a ring. Lammons played 75% of the regular season special teams snaps for the Chiefs in 2022, and played 82% of the ST snaps against the Jags in the postseason.

You're probably right. I assumed one would have to be on the team that was in the Super Bowl and not a competitor team at the time of the Super Bowl. But since he wasn't officially a Bengals until after the Super Bowl, even if traded to them before the Bengals/Chiefs game, it does make sense he would get a ring.
Reply/Quote
Per the CBA practice squad players on a team that wins the Super Bowl at the time of the Super Bowl are entitled to rings but it can be one of lesser value:

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement

Quote:Section 15. Practice Squad Super Bowl Rings: Practice Squad players on a Club that wins the Super Bowl at the time of the Super Bowl will be entitled to a ring similar in appearance to the one provided to players on the Active/Inactive List but the Club, in its sole discretion, may provide any Practice Squad player with a ring of lesser value.

Lammons was waived before the Super Bowl but as stated above he played during the season on the active roster, mostly special teams, and in the playoff game against Jacksonville so he should get one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: You're probably right. I assumed one would have to be on the team that was in the Super Bowl and not a competitor team at the time of the Super Bowl. But since he wasn't officially a Bengals until after the Super Bowl, even if traded to them before the Bengals/Chiefs game, it does make sense he would get a ring.

Even then...

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/22/rams-desean-jackson-super-bowl-ring/

It's all about how cheap your owner is. The NFL only covers the cost of 150 SB rings for a team and that includes Players, Owners, GM/FO, Coaches, etc. The Patriots last SB win they ordered over 230 rings, I believe. I know there are different tiers of ring, so players get a nicer one than say the team cooks or trainers.

I know there are MLB teams that gave a ring to every player that was on their major league roster for even 1 day that season. It is a long journey to win a championship, and it is good culture to recognize everyone who contributed.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even then...

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/22/rams-desean-jackson-super-bowl-ring/

It's all about how cheap your owner is. The NFL only covers the cost of 150 SB rings for a team and that includes Players, Owners, GM/FO, Coaches, etc. The Patriots last SB win they ordered over 230 rings, I believe. I know there are different tiers of ring, so players get a nicer one than say the team cooks or trainers.

I know there are MLB teams that gave a ring to every player that was on their major league roster for even 1 day that season. It is a long journey to win a championship, and it is good culture to recognize everyone who contributed.

In 2018 Jeremy Hill tore his ACL in the 3rd quarter of the 1st game of the season with the Patriots and was out the rest of the year.  He got a ring after the Pats won the Super bowl and talked shit about the Bengals like he had so much to do with the Patriots success that year.  His stats for that season were 4 rushes for 25 yards and 1 reception for 6 yards.  Whatever

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: In 2018 Jeremy Hill tore his ACL in the 3rd quarter of the 1st game of the season with the Patriots and was out the rest of the year.  He got a ring after the Pats won the Super bowl and talked shit about the Bengals like he had so much to do with the Patriots success that year.  His stats for that season were 4 rushes for 25 yards and 1 reception for 6 yards.  Whatever

That was lame as hell

I looked at him different after that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: In 2018 Jeremy Hill tore his ACL in the 3rd quarter of the 1st game of the season with the Patriots and was out the rest of the year.  He got a ring after the Pats won the Super bowl and talked shit about the Bengals like he had so much to do with the Patriots success that year.  His stats for that season were 4 rushes for 25 yards and 1 reception for 6 yards.  Whatever

No wonder they won the SB...Hill rushed for over 6 yards per carry!
Reply/Quote
Simmons has to be fired up over this acquisition.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: In 2018 Jeremy Hill tore his ACL in the 3rd quarter of the 1st game of the season with the Patriots and was out the rest of the year.  He got a ring after the Pats won the Super bowl and talked shit about the Bengals like he had so much to do with the Patriots success that year.  His stats for that season were 4 rushes for 25 yards and 1 reception for 6 yards.  Whatever

Yes sir George. Good ole Jeremeh after that...

(02-15-2023, 12:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Simmons has to be fired up over this acquisition.

Undoubtedly had something to do with it. Good ST'er from everything I am reading.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 12:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Simmons has to be fired up over this acquisition.

I hope so. Simmons needs to have a rebound year with the ST in 2023.

McPherson got scary at times.
Punting was a completely predictable disaster that the team just allowed to happen.
Punt coverage was really bad (allowed 6th highest ret avg in the NFL, might be in part because of bad punting).
Kick returning was bad (27th in kick return avg).

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 03:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope so. Simmons needs to have a rebound year with the ST in 2023.

Punting was a completely predictable disaster that the team just allowed to happen.
Punt coverage was really bad (allowed 6th highest ret avg in the NFL, might be in part because of bad punting).

Absolutely horrible, this is what I thought of watching KC beat the Eagles with special teams.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why wouldn't he? He played for them, so he'll get one. I don't know if PS guys get rings, but yeah, if you're on the roster during that season you get a ring. Lammons played 75% of the regular season special teams snaps for the Chiefs in 2022, and played 82% of the ST snaps against the Jags in the postseason.

They do get rings, Big Earl Heyman was on the Saints practice squad and received a SB ring. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 03:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope so. Simmons needs to have a rebound year with the ST in 2023.

How did our special teams fair with penalties? It felt like we had more than usual, but I'm totally making this up without knowing the numbers!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 10:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How did our special teams fair with penalties? It felt like we had more than usual, but I'm totally making this up without knowing the numbers!

Im pretty sure Dax was not a finalist for the Best Gunner Award, and did we ever have 2 returns in a row without a holding or block in the back?

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 10:38 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im pretty sure Dax was not a finalist for the Best Gunner Award, and did we ever have 2 returns in a row without a holding or block in the back?

He did excel at going out of bounds and then returning to the field of play.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 10:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How did our special teams fair with penalties? It felt like we had more than usual, but I'm totally making this up without knowing the numbers!

According to this site they had 18 ranking them 5th for most ST penalties:

https://www.nflpenalties.com/phase.php?view=total&year=2022

Panthers, Raiders, Packers, and Steelers had more.  The Chiefs and Commanders were tied with the Bengals at 18.  Per the same website the Bengals had 7 special teams penalties in 2021.  So the ST penalties increased significantly in 2022. In 2020 they had 6.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 10:47 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: According to this site they had 18 ranking them 5th for most ST penalties:

https://www.nflpenalties.com/phase.php?view=total&year=2022

Panthers, Raiders, Packers, and Steelers had more.  The Chiefs and Commanders were tied with the Bengals at 18.  Per the same website the Bengals had 7 special teams penalties in 2021.  So the ST penalties increased significantly in 2022.   In 2020 they had 6.

Wow, our defense had barely 100 yards more in penalties as ST.  Terrible.

Reply/Quote