Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officially land CB Chris Lammons off waivers from Chiefs
(02-16-2023, 10:54 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Wow, our defense had barely 100 yards more in penalties as ST.  Terrible.

Yeah special teams as a whole was pretty bad this year.   Really seemed like something was off with them.   I'm not sure what the deal was.  Maybe the players just didn't gel for some reason or perhaps Simmons is getting burned out being a special teams coach for 2 decades.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 03:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope so. Simmons needs to have a rebound year with the ST in 2023.

McPherson got scary at times.
Punting was a completely predictable disaster that the team just allowed to happen.
Punt coverage was really bad (allowed 6th highest ret avg in the NFL, might be in part because of bad punting).
Kick returning was bad (27th in kick return avg).

(02-16-2023, 10:47 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: According to this site they had 18 ranking them 5th for most ST penalties:

https://www.nflpenalties.com/phase.php?view=total&year=2022

Panthers, Raiders, Packers, and Steelers had more.  The Chiefs and Commanders were tied with the Bengals at 18.  Per the same website the Bengals had 7 special teams penalties in 2021.  So the ST penalties increased significantly in 2022.   In 2020 they had 6.

Wow, that is bad. Simmons needs to work on things badly it seems this Offseason...

Need to get this phase up to par.
Reply/Quote
Lammons has been indicted as part of the Alvin Kamara assault case in Vegas from the 2022 Pro Bowl.
It will be interesting to see what Zac will do with this one

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 09:23 PM)Housh Wrote: That was lame as hell

I looked at him different after that

After that? You mean you still liked him after the “Hot Potato” fumble to give shittsburg a comeback win?

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 06:03 PM)pally Wrote: Lammons has been indicted as part of the Alvin Kamara assault case in Vegas from the 2022 Pro Bowl.

Here's a link  for those interested.

Saints star Alvin Kamara indicted on two criminal charges following alleged 2022 incident in Vegas, per report - CBSSports.com
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 06:03 PM)pally Wrote: Lammons has been indicted as part of the Alvin Kamara assault case in Vegas from the 2022 Pro Bowl.

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just great. Barely became a Bengal and already they list him as a Bengals cornerback committing an assault:

"New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Chris Lammons and two other men have been indicted by a grand jury for allegedly assaulting a man at a Las Vegas nightclub in February 2022."

And the top headline on ESPN to boot:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35674372/saints-alvin-kamara-4-men-indicted-battery-case
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 10:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: Just great. Barely became a Bengal and already they list him as a Bengals cornerback committing an assault:

"New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Chris Lammons and two other men have been indicted by a grand jury for allegedly assaulting a man at a Las Vegas nightclub in February 2022."

And the top headline on ESPN to boot:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35674372/saints-alvin-kamara-4-men-indicted-battery-case

What should they list him as?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What should they list him as?

i worded the sentence poorly. I was trying to indicate barely became a Bengals player and already the organization is getting tied to some bad press. 

I don't know if they can turn around and waive him or cut him, after picking him up on a waiver. And since they picked him up knowing about the alleged assault, they can't claim ignorance or that he broke some code of conduct that nullifies his contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 12:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: i worded the sentence poorly. I was trying to indicate barely became a Bengals player and already the organization is getting tied to some bad press. 

I don't know if they can turn around and waive him or cut him, after picking him up on a waiver. And since they picked him up knowing about the alleged assault, they can't claim ignorance or that he broke some code of conduct that nullifies his contract.

I really hope we can start to sign players of higher moral quality. This is an embarrassment to the organization, especially after Mixon's past.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What should they list him as?

Probably could have given some context, but that’s not what they do. “Newly acquired” “former Chiefs and newly acquired Bengal”

It’s not hard to come up with brief context.
Reply/Quote
I would hope they were aware of his involvement before they picked him up and had reason to believe he didn't do anything worthy of a conviction.

I barely recall the details of this affair, but I'm not crazy about the fact that they picked up a special teamer who had a hand in this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 10:29 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I would hope they were aware of his involvement before they picked him up and had reason to believe he didn't do anything worthy of a conviction.

I barely recall the details of this affair, but I'm not crazy about the fact that they picked up a special teamer who had a hand in this.

Agree on both statements.  

Just about the last thing this organization needs is a return to the Mike Brown/Marvin Lewis philosophy of believing we can rehabilitate a bad actor.  I realize that you need to take calculated risks to be competitive, but if we're picking up a psychopathic CB he should be Adam "PacMan" Jones, not Chris "Who the Hell Is He" Lammons.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:48 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Probably could have given some context, but that’s not what they do. “Newly acquired”  “former Chiefs and newly acquired Bengal”

We put a ring on it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:48 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Probably could have given some context, but that’s not what they do. “Newly acquired”  “former Chiefs and newly acquired Bengal”

I don't know dude. Formally educated journalists or fanboys pretending to be journalists struggle to write anything decent.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't know dude. Formally educated journalists or fanboys pretending to be journalists struggle to write anything decent.

Hilarious

Very true.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Very true.

My question is why claim a player that becomes an unrestricted free agent when the new league year begins?
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote