Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officials Respond To Public Records Request On Bengals' New Stadium Deal
(07-11-2019, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Want to know what is "getting screwed"?   I went from married to divorced in 2018 and it was finalized in October of 2018.  I always withheld my federal taxes at a single person rate....it doesn't make a lot of financial sense to allow the government to hold on to my money, but I always liked getting a refund....usually around $1000.  Something always came up that it handled.  Well, since I am now divorced, my tax rate went from something around 25% to nearly 34%....only because I am no longer married.  I owed $12,900 on my federal taxes and was only "single" for two months.  It didn't matter.  You are taxed on how you file.  Getting nut-punched for nearly $13,000 after an already hugely expensive marriage termination was not fun.  I have no idea why someone that is married saves money on taxes over someone that isn't.  And it wasn't like I wanted to be single again.  Although now I realize I'm much better off.... 

Ok, off soap box.  We now return to our regularly scheduled Bengals discussions.  

(07-11-2019, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, this would make a smashing P&R post.
No it wouldn't. No one said anything about someone's mama
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's interesting. Makes sense too.

I will say that the field is really nice. The seats too. It is aesthetically pleasing.

The Pro Shop is huge. Really large selection of items for a reasonable price. Probably the most reasonable prices of any Pro Shop I've been in.

Personally I love the stadium.   There could be a few more creative spaces, and I would like to have the seats colored by level like Riverfront was, but my guess is they wanted them all green for the Jungle theme.  I love the view of the river and Northern Kentucky from the Bengals' side.  I love being down there.   If I could afford it I'd be there for all the games.

I mean looking at pictures of the Indy and Dallas stadiums makes me drool a little, but I'm happy with PBS.

I hate how much we paid for it, and that smacks of incompetence and graft...
Reply/Quote
What's sad is Mikey B could have paid for that stadium himself with just a couple of his checks from the NFL
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 02:20 PM)3wt Wrote: Personally I love the stadium.   There could be a few more creative spaces, and I would like to have the seats colored by level like Riverfront was, but my guess is they wanted them all green for the Jungle theme.  I love the view of the river and Northern Kentucky from the Bengals' side.  I love being down there.   If I could afford it I'd be there for all the games.

I mean looking at pictures of the Indy and Dallas stadiums makes me drool a little, but I'm happy with PBS.

I hate how much we paid for it, and that smacks of incompetence and graft...

They play up the small market team thing in free agency when there is revenue sharing. But, they sure took the sweet stadium deal from that small market.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 12:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am no tax expert, but you should ne able to file married joint for 2018, You may want to check into it. Then in 2019, your rate goes up

I was told that since I was divorced in 2018 I had to file as a single person for that entire year, by a tax professional.  I get that, but an 11% difference?  What the hell for?  Amazing. 
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They play up the small market team thing in free agency when there is revenue sharing. But, they sure took the sweet stadium deal from that small market.

And Mike Brown still has to deal with entitled players wanting to take Gatorade from him.  Being ultra-rich is a chore.

(07-13-2019, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was told that since I was divorced in 2018 I had to file as a single person for that entire year, by a tax professional.  I get that, but an 11% difference?  What the hell for?  Amazing. 

Just another way this country goes overboard with pushing people to get married...but that's just my take.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They play up the small market team thing in free agency when there is revenue sharing. But, they sure took the sweet stadium deal from that small market.

There's lots of things that hurt them in free agency.  Historically, they haven't had a lot of success as a club.  The small market and small fanbase hurts players financially in terms of weak merchandise sales and less local advertising/endorsement possibilities. You get good ol' Ohio weather, hot as balls in Summer and freezing in winter, in an outdoor stadium and no practice bubble.  Poor ticket sales.  The love-hate relationship between fans and the club.  As a FA, there's few reasons to come here.  You're basically either a hometown kid like Preston Brown who always dreamed of playing here and turning it around or you love playing for certain coaches that have come here, like Webb.  Beyond that, you only really care about the money and they offered you way more money than anyone else(which rarely happens) and/or nobody else wants you.

The stadium deal is a necessary evil. Without it, there's no business reason why the Bengals would stay.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 11:44 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The soccer stadium is privately financed 

I'm not sure of the soccer stadium deal. But, who pays for the roads to be upgraded and the other maintenance expenses?
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Maybe the city of Cincinnati can have the street car work its way there? Talk about the biggest flop since the 90's Bengals.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 10:19 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm not sure of the soccer stadium deal. But, who pays for the roads to be upgraded and the other maintenance expenses?

Maintenance expenses of the stadium? Cause I think the builder/owner of said stadium is liable for that, much like the taxpayers of Hamilton County are paying to maintain Paul Brown Stadium and the damn street car. (Seriously, this city is just dumb as hell with financial moves.) 

So, if FC is paying for their own stadium, I think they have to handle the upkeep while keeping all the gate money and concessions and etc...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 10:19 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm not sure of the soccer stadium deal. But, who pays for the roads to be upgraded and the other maintenance expenses?

The Soccer Stadium is a 100% privately financed. The roads next to it needed to be fixed which is the City's job.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 10:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Seriously, this city is just dumb as hell with financial moves.

Granted I was a kid when the stadium deal was first worked out and I'm not a Hamilton County resident, but from the outside looking in it always seemed to me that the majority of blame should fall on the politician's shoulders (your elected officials) moreso than on the Bengals. Hamilton County shot Hamilton County in the foot, the Bengals just did what everybody else would've done in that situation and took advantage of it. If I'm selling you a car and you're willing to give me twice what's it's worth, I'm taking it lol. Hell, it's the Hamilton County officials who redacted everything in this report, not the Bengals.

These same Hamilton County officials paved the way for the new musical venue being built right over here in Newport instead of on the Banks, so it strikes me that maybe a lot of the blame should be directed their way and on the voters (or more likely, the non-voters) who put those people in power. In the meantime, thanks!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 07:14 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Granted I was a kid when the stadium deal was first worked out and I'm not a Hamilton County resident, but from the outside looking in it always seemed to me that the majority of blame should fall on the politician's shoulders (your elected officials) moreso than on the Bengals. Hamilton County shot Hamilton County in the foot, the Bengals just did what everybody else would've done in that situation and took advantage of it. If I'm selling you a car and you're willing to give me twice what's it's worth, I'm taking it lol. Hell, it's the Hamilton County officials who redacted everything in this report, not the Bengals.

These same Hamilton County officials paved the way for the new musical venue being built right over here in Newport instead of on the Banks, so it strikes me that maybe a lot of the blame should be directed their way and on the voters (or more likely, the non-voters) who put those people in power. In the meantime, thanks!

But it'll sound like the Newport Jazz Festival even if it ain't..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote