Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officiating
It seems Bengals or Lions never get calls. no matter how good or bad either of these teams are officiating won't allow success. I bring up the Lions because they are only a season ahead in playoff drought
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 04:07 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: It seems Bengals or Lions never get calls. no matter how good or bad either of these teams are officiating won't allow success. I bring up the Lions because they are only a season ahead in playoff drought

And because they got robbed on Monday night. That game just goes to show how much a couple of well timed “bad calls” can completely change a game. The first hands to the face changed a punt to a TD and the second allowed a game winning FG to take place with no time left instead of the Lions getting a chance to win with 90 seconds left.

Watching games like that make it hard not to believe this crap isn’t fixed. Or that the league doesn’t try to help out one team over another. Then afterwards they may admit to half of the BS and make excuses trying to back up the other half of their bad calls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I pretty much came to the conclusion that games are fixed awhile ago.
I don't bet, or do fantasy football or anything, so it makes it easier to deal with.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 07:25 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I pretty much came to the conclusion that games are fixed awhile ago.
I don't bet, or do fantasy football or anything, so it makes it easier to deal with.

I never thought this before but am swinging that way. It seems like the teams that bring in more jersey and accessory sales sure get a lot if calls their way in close game. Especially inside of 3 minute. Get them in the playoffs and the NFL makes more money.
Reply/Quote
If the NFL is fixed we still can blame Mike Brown for not doing what it takes to earn favor.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 06:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And because they got robbed on Monday night. That game just goes to show how much a couple of well timed “bad calls” can completely change a game. The first hands to the face changed a punt to a TD and the second allowed a game winning FG to take place with no time left instead of the Lions getting a chance to win with 90 seconds left.

Watching games like that make it hard not to believe this crap isn’t fixed. Or that the league doesn’t try to help out one team over another. Then afterwards they may admit to half of the BS and make excuses trying to back up the other half of their bad calls.

That was a pretty bad ending to what could have been an awesome game. The guy has never NEVER been called for hands to the face yet he gets 2 in crucial moments of the game. I think if the call is obviously wrong, I mean to the point where if the refs just look up at the screen then under 2 mins it should be reviewable. The NFL opened this can of worms, I’m sure people wouldn’t mind a game lasting a few min longer to make sure to the deserving team wins. Football is getting very hard to watch and our state of the Bengals is not helping at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 06:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And because they got robbed on Monday night. That game just goes to show how much a couple of well timed “bad calls” can completely change a game. The first hands to the face changed a punt to a TD and the second allowed a game winning FG to take place with no time left instead of the Lions getting a chance to win with 90 seconds left.

Indeed they got robbed and that should NEVER HAPPEN in the nfl.That ref should be fired because he cost the lions that game,instead the stinkin packers got the game given to them and I hope they go NOWHERE this season. To me,games are fixed as the whole world saw on instant repay the got was not up in the face and he told them and they should have taken a second look at that as all of us know the lions got robbed.I hate hate things like this that determines the outcome of a game. That was clearly a big time lie and that ref knows it.He is probably a lot richer today because that game was FIXED FIXED FIXED. AND THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS NFL IS CROOKED CROOKED CROOKED AND OUR BENGALS never get a good call but instead they call all kinds of crap against us.I am totally convinced that nfl football is fixed.You cannot convince me otherwise,the refs are in CHARGE., :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
I think Roger Goodell has basically ruined the NFL in a lot of ways. Are games fixed so the big money teams can always win? With Roger in charge, I would not doubt it one bit. He's the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL, and he's the reason the XFL may actually stick this time.

Refs need to be forced to hold press conferences after every game just like the coaches and star players do. They should have to face the press and answer the tough questions instead of being protected by the NFL. Goodells Goons.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 02:31 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Are games fixed so the big money teams can always win?

Are the Packers a big money team?  You'd think the NFL would fix the AFC North so the Bears would win the thing if they were trying to push the big money teams into the promised land...something fixing a game for the Packers does the opposite of.

I'm not saying life and the NFL are fair, but the Packers seems like a tenuous example of "big money" winning.
Reply/Quote
I think the NFL is going to have to come to the conclusion that there's to many rules and trim the fat.

You are waiting literally after every play for the flag, it's way, way over the top.

They've got to figure out you can't make it perfect.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are the Packers a big money team? 

Yes.  They only APPEAR to be "small market" due to nostalgia and their ownership "shareholder" structure.
They are way more popular outside their home market than the Bengals are outside of theirs.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:18 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Yes.  They only APPEAR to be "small market" due to nostalgia and their ownership "shareholder" structure.
They are way more popular outside their home market than the Bengals are outside of theirs.

The Packers and Patriots and Steelers are popular because they win football games.  If you want to argue that teams win and then become popular and gain fans and then become too big to fail and the NFL cheats for them, that is a different argument...one in which I can still get on Mike Brown for not putting a winning Bengals team on the field so we can get too big to fail.

If the NFL is biased towards certain teams (and it may very well be, that isn't central to my argument) then the real question is what does it take to join their ranks and why aren't we doing what it takes to earn that favor?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are the Packers a big money team?  You'd think the NFL would fix the AFC North so the Bears would win the thing if they were trying to push the big money teams into the promised land...something fixing a game for the Packers does the opposite of.

I'm not saying life and the NFL are fair, but the Packers seems like a tenuous example of "big money" winning.

The Packers are actually in the top 10 in terms of revenue generation for the league. The Bears rank just outside the top 10, so it would make sense for the Packers to win the NFC North. Green Bay is small, but their fan base is big and loyal.

The two teams discussed as getting screwed in this thread are the number 31 and 32 ranked teams in terms of revenue generation. Seems like the rigged argument holds up from that perspective.

I got the info here (https://www.statista.com/statistics/193553/revenue-of-national-football-league-teams-in-2010/). The link says 2010 but the information on it says 2019. You have to have a subscription to get full access but it gave me a free view if you are interested.

For stats that are more easily accessed, Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 jersey seller. The Lions and Bengals don’t have a single player in the top 50.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:40 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: The Packers are actually in the top 10 in terms of revenue generation for the league...

The two teams discussed as getting screwed in this thread are the number 31 and 32 ranked teams in terms of revenue generation. Seems like the rigged argument holds up from that perspective.

For stats that are more easily accessed, Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 jersey seller. The Lions and Bengals don’t have a single player in the top 50.

...and THERE YOU HAVE IT.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if it's fixed, but it's very bad. No consistency. Lookup the blindside block that was called against Landry in the Browns-Seahawks game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Interestingly, our opponents have been penalized for 50 penalties for 399 yards and we've been penalized for 41 penalties and 311 yards.

We have the 7th least penalty yards in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
We have the 6th most net penalty yards...meaning the difference between our penalties and their penalties.
Reply/Quote