Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officiating today
There sure were a lot of missed calls today.

I hope Khalid Kareem is okay, but Patrick should have been booted for the rest of the game for that hit. Patrick ran and launched himself directly into Kareem's helmet. Nothing was called.

I saw one play where their lineman had Ogunjobi around the facemask. When he let go he kind of just acted like he knew he had gotten away with a holding or a facemask penalty.

There was a taunt against I believe it was Bell, where there was an incompletion, the Broncos defender got up within a foot and started dancing at him. No taunting call and It was more egregious than the touchdown taunting call.

The Bronco's touchdown pass, even the announcer thought it would be an OPI.

The call on Apple was really ticky-tack, as he got an elbow to the face before the DPI was called.

It sure makes it had when you feel like you are playing the opposing team and the refs every week.

Edit. Forgot about Chubb launching a Sample after he was already on the ground...No Flag!
Reply/Quote
Patrick will get fined for launching like that. Agree it should have been a penalty.
Reply/Quote
Watching the officiating these days makes me wonder how many blown calls we missed all those years when we watched on 13 inch low-definition screens when they didn't show 10 replays of every play in super slow motion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It wasn’t as anti-Bengals and “NFL is rigged” as some were spouting, but they were some pretty awful calls and non-calls. Apparently they do get graded or something, so this crew has to be the worst this week. They did get some close calls correct, both for and against the Bengals, but at times it was just beyond bad.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don’t think there’s a bias, and Broncos fans probably not happy with the one reversal, but officiating is very bad and insanely inconsistent.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I just thought the Kareem play should've been blown dead after he fell I thought he was down by contact. Then when Teddy B got hurt one of our D lineman was literally being held from behind with an arm around his neck. I think the calls balanced out it just drives me crazy when they miss an obvious call.
Reply/Quote
This answers my question as to why the NFL Official Referee book comes in braille...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It's ok to make a thread about officials in a win..
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:22 PM)FastEddie Wrote: There sure were a lot of missed calls today.

I hope Khalid Kareem is okay, but Patrick should have been booted for the rest of the game for that hit. Patrick ran and launched himself directly into Kareem's helmet. Nothing was called.

I saw one play where their lineman had Ogunjobi around the facemask. When he let go he kind of just acted like he knew he had gotten away with a holding or a facemask penalty.

There was a taunt against I believe it was Bell, where there was an incompletion, the Broncos defender got up within a foot and started dancing at him. No taunting call and It was more egregious than the touchdown taunting call.

The call on Apple was really ticky-tack, as he got an elbow to the face before the DPI was called.

It sure makes it had when you feel like you are playing the opposing team and the refs every week.

Edit. Forgot about Chubb launching a Sample after he was already on the ground...No Flag!

Patrick also taunted after the hit!
Reply/Quote
There was also a play where a blizer hit Burrow right after he released the ball and made significant helmet to helmet contact.

And I've seen a lot worse than the interference that got called on Apple not called.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, they were pretty bad today for sure. I noticed all of the missed calls mentioned here. The PI on Apple was straight bullshit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:47 PM)Destro Wrote: It wasn’t as anti-Bengals and “NFL is rigged” as some were spouting, but they were some pretty awful calls and non-calls. Apparently they do get graded or something, so this crew has to be the worst this week. They did get some close calls correct, both for and against the Bengals, but at times it was just beyond bad.

The NFL has bias. 20 billion dollars just sitting there, think they want to only make 10-15 billion from smaller market teams?

It's not hard to believe, I made that same point, you wouldn't have guessed it happened in the NBA either.

Patriots cheat, they get away with it. Like Belichick said if you're not trying to cheat you're not trying to win. Refs play no part in this? Hah. Part of the game is manipulating the refs, too. "Rigged" in that case might be the wrong word but I don't give the NFL 0% chance that they don't want the refs manipulating some games. THere's way too much money on the table, a business that makes 20 billion a year could be a "little" greedy, don't you think?

https://yourteamcheats.com/CIN#Headsetgate-1980

Referee Bias in Professional Football (soccer): Favoritism Toward Successful Teams in Potential Penalty Situations
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fspor.2020.00019/full

Take that study and apply it to why teams are usually better at home, than away. Especially in NBA, you have some teams that are unbeatable at home and are less than .500 away. The rims are the same, if someone figured out "everything else", they'd make millions. A professional athlete can't get over the travel, staying in a hotel, different sleep schedule, playing in a different arena? Hah. Then why even get on the plane! Refs probably also have home team bias they have to constantly fight.

Tim Brown said it best "People try to say what goes on between Al Davis and the league doesn't affect what happens on the field, but there's no way that you can tell me that that's so."
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:22 PM)FastEddie Wrote: There sure were a lot of missed calls today.

One of the absolutely worst officiated games I have ever seen.  I was making a list.  There was a ton of bad calls and they were all slanted against Cincy.  There were some of the most blatant holds I have ever seen not called, and that play that they reviewed with Teddy B across the LOS, where Cincy had to use a challenge flag.  Then, they UPHELD the call!  The replay was like:  "See, his pinkie toe is not across the LOS" and I was like, uh, the ball is still in his hand!.

Pathetic.  That late hit on Sample was so bad that I was waiting for a Bengal to retaliate and get flagged.  
Reply/Quote
Ugh.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Watching the officiating these days makes me wonder how many blown calls we missed all those years when we watched on 13 inch low-definition screens when they didn't show 10 replays of every play in super slow motion.

To be fair, the game is scrutinized more than it was 40 yrs ago. More at stake ($$$$$) and more ppl watching. Wait till they incorporate more AI to officiate the game.

They will have camera referee AI's, calibrated to capture every infraction in the game by 2027.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 08:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of the absolutely worst officiated games I have ever seen.  I was making a list.  There was a ton of bad calls and they were all slanted against Cincy.  There were some of the most blatant holds I have ever seen not called, and that play that they reviewed with Teddy B across the LOS, where Cincy had to use a challenge flag.  Then, they UPHELD the call!  The replay was like:  "See, his pinkie toe is not across the LOS" and I was like, uh, the ball is still in his hand!.

Pathetic.  That late hit on Sample was so bad that I was waiting for a Bengal to retaliate and get flagged.  

It really was. Sample should have laid there like he was dead, ala Rapistboy, to get the call. Then once the flag was thrown, hop back up and be a warrior. The PI on Apple was BS, and just a few plays later the camera was close up on Wayne's doing the exact same thing with the ref looking right at him, and no flag. There is no consistency to these calls.
Reply/Quote
I’d love to see the league get to the point where there’s more accountability for bad officiating. Hold these guys publicly accountable. Air out all the dirty laundry and publicly reprimand them when they have bad games like this. Publicly punish and shame refs like the one staring right at the obvious late hit by Bradley Chubb on Sample. I want to see refs suspended and fined for this type of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: The PI on Apple was straight bullshit.

Agreed. Apple was barely touching him. What, do they think Apple has Hulk-like strength? The only explanation if you legitimately think that litle bit of his hand on the receiver's waist was pass interference. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pitiful job by those refs yesterday. Just awful... Go to a replay and still get it wrong. WTF
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:25 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Pitiful job by those refs yesterday. Just awful... Go to a replay and still get it wrong. WTF

Don't let them fool you when they look under the hood. All those replay decisions are coming out of New York. They have that eye in the sky thing that has about 20 views they can tie together, as opposed to the ref only seeing the views we see on tv. The call is coming from NY. Of course, since we can never see those other views, they can send the decision they want and no one ever knows.
Reply/Quote