Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officiating
they didn't call this game fair on ross's fumble the whistle blew before Bills recovered it. On their fumble at end of first half whistle again blew early we had a recovery in bounds yet bills keep ball. We are fighting 12 or 13 players out their.
Reply/Quote
The officiating has been awful towards us this year.....err.....every year.

This franchise is the black sheep of the NFL and will never be the beneficiary of many calls.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All i'm asking for as fan is consistency. I dont want too win on a garbage call.
Reply/Quote
The only one that really annoyed me was the missed call where their RT literally headlocked our guy to the ground, thus allowing Allen to throw a completion. Blatant holding if I've ever seen it. Guess the line ref was staring at the sun or something.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It's bad league wide, case in point....

Reply/Quote
There were definitely suspects calls in this one. The holding on Tate was laughable. The non-holding call on Brown was absolutely rediculous. Ross definitely fumbled, but agree, that I believe that Vigil recovered in bounds. In fact they didn't even mention what occurred like that part of the play did not matter. Is that why we lost? No, but momentum is a beautiful thing, and I believe momentum was taken away from us 3 times by the refs.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:37 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There were definitely suspects calls in this one. The holding on Tate was laughable. The non-holding call on Brown was absolutely rediculous. Ross definitely fumbled, but agree, that I believe that Vigil recovered in bounds. In fact they didn't even mention what occurred like that part of the play did not matter. Is that why we lost? No, but momentum is a beautiful thing, and I believe momentum was taken away from us 3 times by the refs.

Not to mention, one play entirely TOOK POINTS OFF THE BOARD.

Blakeman used to be good; now, he's the only, "Lawyer who works out," that is still officiating, so he's turned into a mini-Hochuli, with the stupid explanations and the myriad of flags.

Not impressed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The officiating wasn’t great but it’s a league problem and many teams are subjected to bad calls. The officials aren’t the reason the Bengals lost. We had zero yards passing with halftime approaching. Having 12 men on an extra point is laughable and cost us big time.
Reply/Quote
There were several calls that the refs definitely missed but the one that bothered me the most was the holding call on Tate on the kickoff return by Phillips because it cost the Bengals a touchdown and the call was iffy at best. As for the Allen fumble that Vigil recovered, the ref called the play dead before the recovery but honestly it did look like his right foot was out before he had complete control of the ball but it could have easily went the other way too. With that being said I am not one to put blame on the refs but they absolutely changed the game with multiple missed calls that cost the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Not only is it ruining the Bengals for me. It is ruining the NFL for me. I asked myself multiple times yesterday why am i watching this garbage.

There were two PI plays within a matter of minutes in two different games yesterday. We had two different games on at my house. In the TB vs NYG game the players feet got tangled as one started to go to the ground he grabbed inside the neck of the shoulder pad of the defender and pulled him down with him. No call. Coach challenged... No freaking call. In the PIT vs SF game feet get tangled player falls forward which is generally the direction you fall if you trip while running and he made contact with the receiver. Instant flag and PIT gets the favorable call.

Too many damn rules and too much power over the outcome of the game by guys who are not even playing.
Reply/Quote
It is bad league wide

But the holding call on Tate negating the return TD was very weak, to say the least.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how the use of replay is influencing officiating. It seems that they are more willing to make questionable calls because maybe in their minds, the questionable calls can be corrected by another official which removes pressure from the refs during games.

The holding calls are inconsistent. There were a couple holding calls called on the Rams secondary that was non-existent, even under close scrutiny. It is as if the refs are willing to call False Positives in order to avoid miss calls this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Wait until Shawn Hochuli is assigned a Bengals game....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The one that kills me this year is the Dalton "fumble."

We literally had a minute and a half of the league expert taking us step by step through the rule book on how this couldn't possibly be considered a fumble.

Only to get it ruled a "fumble."

On top of that on social media today I've seen "next Sean Mcvay doesn't even understand simple rule" posted by Sports Illustrated, ESPN and others.

Talking about how Zac Taylor got animated on the sidelines about the player advancing the ball after the interception.

Actually, according to the rulebook Zac Taylor at least had a point.

This is covered in Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1-d-1:

When a runner declares himself down by:

falling to the ground, or kneeling, and clearly making no immediate effort to advance

That includes in any direction, the player chooses to advance.

It was only in the act of catching the ball that he fell down and he got up immediately and he did technically advanced in the wrong direction, but it is advancing and it is in a direction.

We probably weren't gonna win it at that point anyway, but I certainly don't blame Zac for trying to argue it.

I'm glad he was getting animated, it was no more animated than either Tom Brady or Sean Payton get when they are trying to argue a call.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to hear that ref's explanation for why he whistled the play dead on Allen running out of bounds before he actually even made it to the sideline. I cannot fathom a single LEGITIMATE reason for why he does that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:24 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: All i'm asking for as fan is consistency. I dont want too win on a garbage call.

Nothing to worry about, there is little threat of us winning in any manner. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote