Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Offseason = Interesting Takes
Welcome to the offseason where writers will put out whatever they can to get clicks and have people talking about their stuff.

Prime example, is this tweet below.

Decided to share it here to see the reactions.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a Herbert hater but there is no way I would take Herbert over Burrow.

Things people say for clicks

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That’s just made up. Zero basis for that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
People are generating clicks it's the off-season.... got to take every article with a grain of salt
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:04 PM)QueenCity Wrote: People are generating clicks it's the off-season.... got to take every article with a grain of salt

I agree, I said the same thing above the tweet.

It isn't the Burrow/Herbert switch that I find interesting, that's just kind of trying to spark a debate. My interest in this was more about where Higgins is being slotted. I think that's interesting because of how he might be viewed by others around the league.

Reply/Quote
Glad the Bengals drafted Burrow, but if Herbert played the same for Cincy as he has for LA we'd probably be saying the same things about him.
Reply/Quote
I mean Herbert had a better OL and run game Eckler give me a break
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I mean Herbert had a better OL and run game Eckler give me a break

Don't take this as me getting into the Burrow/Herbert conversation, but Eckler is hella overrated. He gets a lot of TD opportunities the last 2 years, and he's a good pass catcher, but as far as an actual runner his 2022 was basically Joe Mixon, but with 2 monster games instead of 1. He absolutely crushed the Rams and Browns like Mixon crushed the Panthers, and then had 9 games of <3.5 YPC, 12 of <4.0 YPC.

How about Jalen Hurts, who just got 2nd place in the MVP vote, went to the SB where he threw for 300 yards a TD, no INT, and ran for 70 yards and 3 TD.... and he's apparently 12th in that article. Talk about clickbait.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Herbert might go 2nd, but honestly aside from the rocket arm, Burrow is better at everything else than Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree, I said the same thing above the tweet.

It isn't the Burrow/Herbert switch that I find interesting, that's just kind of trying to spark a debate. My interest in this was more about where Higgins is being slotted. I think that's interesting because of how he might be viewed by others around the league.

You can bet Tee's agent is watching

Almost every comment on that article is saying the Bengals taking Herbert over Burrow is nuts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ok, not going to lie, when I saw Joe Burrow's name next to the Redskins, I threw up a little in my mouth....
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:09 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Glad the Bengals drafted Burrow, but if Herbert played the same for Cincy as he has for LA we'd probably be saying the same things about him.

Right Herbert is no Slouch.
Reply/Quote
This is such a dumb take by the writer to pick Herbert over Burrow. Other media outlets have already started purporting Herbert is good buuuuuut isn't the QB to win the big games like a Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen, etc type QB. I tend to agree with those hot takes if I'm taking any sides on who is better. Herbert needs to have some playoff success before he's a QB we discuss as better than Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 08:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Herbert might go 2nd, but honestly aside from the rocket arm, Burrow is better at everything else than Herbert.

Yeah but the press and ill informed fans like "arm talent" so much that they ignore what's between the ears and in the heart.  Not saying Herbert doesn't have some heart and brains, but Burrow is exceptional.

As for the tweet.  I'm not giving them clicks for that crap.
Reply/Quote
Agree with everyone else. Click Bait. I doubt very....VER'y seriously that Joe would be nearly as happy with Washington as he is here. Washington's a dumpster fire starting at the very top. As good as Joe is, he would not be able to save that franchise.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 11:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't take this as me getting into the Burrow/Herbert conversation, but Eckler is hella overrated. He gets a lot of TD opportunities the last 2 years, and he's a good pass catcher, but as far as an actual runner his 2022 was basically Joe Mixon, but with 2 monster games instead of 1. He absolutely crushed the Rams and Browns like Mixon crushed the Panthers, and then had 9 games of <3.5 YPC, 12 of <4.0 YPC.

How about Jalen Hurts, who just got 2nd place in the MVP vote, went to the SB where he threw for 300 yards a TD, no INT, and ran for 70 yards and 3 TD.... and he's apparently 12th in that article. Talk about clickbait.

There are at least 5 teams picking 3 through 10 who would have jumped all over Hurts, given what we know now.  But it would have been the most Cleveland thing ever to take Lamb with Hurts available. #ClownShow
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, not going to lie, when I saw Joe Burrow's name next to the Redskins, I threw up a little in my mouth....

Yep.  Sick

And now they are the Commanders, even worse lol

Agree with others, no way anyone should be taking Herbert over Burrow just because of how Burrow plays in the big games and how 
Burrow has everything mentally and physically Herbert has except the monster arm. Herbert is no slouch like Xeno said, but needs to 
show that killer instinct in the big games to be talked about in Burrow's realm right now. Until then, Burrow be tops with the big dogs
in Mahomes, Allen and Hurts.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 08:12 AM)pally Wrote: You can bet Tee's agent is watching

Almost every comment on that article is saying the Bengals taking Herbert over Burrow is nuts

Yup, and that is why I was interested in what would happen here. Everyone locked in right away on that part of the tweet and called it crazy and rightfully so, I don't think the Bengals have any interest in the what if's with Herbert.

But seeing Tee Higgins picked over CeeDee Lamb is cause for concern if you hope to see him in stripes longterm. 

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yup, and that is why I was interested in what would happen here. Everyone locked in right away on that part of the tweet and called it crazy and rightfully so, I don't think the Bengals have any interest in the what if's with Herbert.

But seeing Tee Higgins picked over CeeDee Lamb is cause for concern if you hope to see him in stripes longterm. 

the guy who tweeted this can go suck a bag of clicks 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: the guy who tweeted this can go suck a bag of clicks 

Yep for a better word for it!  Hilarious
Ready for Memorial Day!
Reply/Quote