Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ogbohei (however you spell it) = hot garbage
This is real.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/bengals-blog/2016/12/24/willie-anderson-if-bengals-let-me-can-save-ogbuehi/95835736/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:23 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: They need to pull the trigger on this ASAP.

Than fire Alexander and hire Willie.

Yes yes yes! Please!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:48 PM)jason Wrote: I thought Willie did work with Ogbuehi in TC...

Yeah he did work with him but I cant remember how long it was. I think it might have only been a week or 2.
Reply/Quote
You can work with me all year long. Won't make me an NFL players much like og
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:08 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He better not be slotted to be our starting left tackle next year and have to battle it out with a shitty veteran for the spot in camp.  I just know that's what the Bengals will do next year , when it's painfully obvious to anyone the guy is a bust.

This is what I'm afraid of. They need to proceed as if Og won't get better. Sign a very capable tackle and make Og EARN his way back into any future discussion.

Btw, it's a little frustrating knowing that PA can't help Ogbuehi adjust his technique midseason. I'm clueless on o-line play, but it looks like Og's feet are all over the place and he's not anchoring against the bull rush.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
To make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs. I'm willing to give Ced one more year. Virtually all tackles struggle their rookie season (I know). Lots of Tackles from that draft class strugglin
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Willie probably has no desire to be a coach. I'm sure he's making great money as a trainer. He gets to work with those who want to pay him and doesn't have to put in the insane hours an NFL position coach does the entire year.

Ced O has plenty of his own money and if he's serious about getting better, he can pay Willie for his time and get better.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 10:45 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Willie probably has no desire to be a coach.  I'm sure he's making great money as a trainer.  He gets to work with those who want to pay him and doesn't have to put in the insane hours an NFL position coach does the entire year.

Ced O has plenty of his own money and if he's serious about getting better, he can pay Willie for his time and get better.

I think Willie heard about how the food vendors giving out hotdogs to security got stopped.

A huge pile of those old dogs are just stacking up.

Contract negotiations proceed...

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mfbc027de6ae26014f98c44d280001...=215&h=162]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Og needs to take Willie up on this offer regardless of what anyone thinks.

Hell, send Fisher there too.
Reply/Quote
Hire Willie.....shitcan PA.....and get Timmy Krumrie from Jerry Glanvilles UFL staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs. I'm willing to give Ced one more year. Virtually all tackles struggle their rookie season (I know). Lots of Tackles from that draft class strugglin

Seems to be the way it goes nowadays.  Hopefully the offseason & training camp help out.  Perhaps his baptism by fire will motivate him to play like a first rounder when he gets his next shot.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:16 PM)pally Wrote: this is worth a try.....

Willie Anderson ‏@BigWillie7179  13h13 hours ago
If Ced &the @Bengals let me I can train him to where he'll never get Bull rushed again. Y'all may disagree but he's talented &can be saved

This makes me want to drive Ced to Big Willie's house and foot the bill myself, even though both significantly out-earn me.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:16 PM)pally Wrote: this is worth a try.....

Willie Anderson ‏@BigWillie7179  13h13 hours ago
If Ced &the @Bengals let me I can train him to where he'll never get Bull rushed again. Y'all may disagree but he's talented &can be saved

(12-25-2016, 05:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: You can work with me all year long. Won't make me an NFL players much like og

Hmmmm, Whose opinion should I give more weight.  A former All Pro OT or some message board hater?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hmmmm, Whose opinion should I give more weight.  A former All Pro OT or some message board hater?

Keep you orange and black goggles on.    OG is a lost cause.   Make as many excuses as you want.   He was a 5th year senior coming out of college.   Played a bit his first year here now is sucking ass his 2nd year here.  He a bit older then your average 2nd player.  I'm sorry I never bought the hype of this scrub.  Hes a bust.   Not even a retired online man that is desperately seeking a job can save him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 03:45 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Keep you orange and black goggles on.    OG is a lost cause.   Make as many excuses as you want.   He was a 5th year senior coming out of college.   Played a bit his first year here now is sucking ass his 2nd year here.  He a bit older then your average 2nd player.  I'm sorry I never bought the hype of this scrub.  Hes a bust.   Not even a retired online man that is desperately seeking a job can save him. 

You don't understand how this works.  Just repeating yourself does not make your opinion more credible than Willie's.

Haters said the same thing about Andre Smith after his second season.

I can not defend ho Ogbuehi has played so far, but I am also not ready to write him off as a complete bust.
Reply/Quote
Some guys you just know are bust from the get go. I never called Andre Smith a bust because he was actually dominant in college and was injured early on. Had nothing to do with performance. I was dead on , with players like RIvers , Maualuga, n Simpson. OG will be same. Sometimes it's painfully obvious what you have.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 04:02 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Some guys you just know are bust from the get go.   I never called Andre  Smith a bust because he was actually dominant in college and was injured early on.  Had nothing to do with performance.   I was dead on , with players like RIvers , Maualuga,  n Simpson.    OG will be same.      Sometimes it's painfully obvious what you have.

Yeah, I've heard the wind blow before.

If you are never wrong in talent evaluation then you would be working for an NFL team right now.
Reply/Quote
What was his game rating after the game on Saturday night?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 04:56 PM)corpjet Wrote: What was his game rating after the game on Saturday night?

They gave Ogbuehi a 44.3 grade. Said he gave up 2 sacks and only one hurry. Also struggled as a run blocker.

Meanwhile, they gave Fisher a 35.6 grade. Said he gave up one sack but 5 pressures and struggled in both pass protection and run blocking.

Take it for what you will.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's my take, for what it's worth: The Bengals were absolutely correct in drafting Cedric Ogbuehi because he was not "hot garbage" in college at Texas A&M. He was one of the best offensive linemen in all of college football.

So tell me what happened when Cedric got to Cincinnati?!?!
Reply/Quote