Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi Benched
(10-21-2016, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jimmy Conzelman did not win a single post season game until he won the NFL Championship in his 15th season as a head coach (1947 Chicago Cardinals)

Bill Cowher did not win a Super Bowl until his 14th season.

....Jesus, fred.   You're a miracle.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

He made it to at least the AFC Championship 3 out of his first 6 years coaching. Had 4 of his first 6 years with at least one playoff win.

He also made it to the AFC Championship game 5 times before he won the Super Bowl. He made the AFC Championship 6 times in his 15 year career and 3 Super Bowls. Winning one of them.

He had a playoff record of 8-9 before his Super Bowl season, bringing him to a record of 12-9.

Bill Cowher ranks 8th all time in most wins in the playoffs. Even if he was at 8-9 it would rank him in the top 20.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jimmy Conzelman did not win a single post season game until he won the NFL Championship in his 15th season as a head coach (1947 Chicago Cardinals)

Bill Cowher did not win a Super Bowl until his 14th season.
the game isn't exactly the same as it was nearly 70 years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 10:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He made it to at least the AFC Championship 3 out of his first 6 years coaching. Had 4 of his first 6 years with at least one playoff win.

He also made it to the AFC Championship game 5 times before he won the Super Bowl. He made the AFC Championship 6 times in his 15 year career and 3 Super Bowls. Winning one of them.

He had a playoff record of 8-9 before his Super Bowl season, bringing him to a record of 12-9.

And he could not win a Super Bowl.

According to your logic all that other stuff is meaningless just like Marvin's regular season success.  If Marvin's lack of playoff wins proves he can never win a playoff game then Cowher's lack of Super Bowl wins proves he could not win a Super Bowl.

You guys can't keep your arguments straight.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 10:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's all about potential. But they didn't really rank him "so high". CBS ranked him 7th in his position. Walterfootball ranked him 6th. Lance Zierlin from NFL.com ranked him 8th. Drafttek had him at 9th. Daniel Jeremiah had him as a bordeline 1st round talent behind others, along with Mayock.

There's no doubt that there's a ton of potential with him. But if you look at EVERY talk about him, his weaknesses are what we see. Struggles with strength to stay engaged in blocks and anchoring, along with technique issues.

Now, can those be fixed? Absolutely. But those have been his issues in college and we're seeing them in the NFL. If he isn't coached up then he will be a bust. He's a very big boom-bust draft pick for us. It's too early to call him a bust by any means, but he's been struggling a lot lately. And that quote by Boling about Alexander not coaching players up during the season is very concerning. Especially when you see how this offensive line is struggling.

What quote by Boling?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 08:46 PM)xxlt Wrote: What quote by Boling?

It is a thing.  I read the article a week or two ago.  It is referenced in the Ask Jim Owsczarski thread.  Look at last page and last few posts on second to last page of that thread.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It is a thing.  I read the article a week or two ago.  It is referenced in the Ask Jim Owsczarski thread.  Look at last page and last few posts on second to last page of that thread.

Thanks bro.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 06:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry, but one loss doesn't qualify as "struggling" to most people. Marv didn't develop his current reputation after 1 loss.

LOL. Yes, Marv has been working on his rep for years.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 06:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry, but one loss doesn't qualify as "struggling" to most people. Marv didn't develop his current reputation after 1 loss.

(10-21-2016, 10:12 PM)Benton Wrote: there's a vast difference in going 0-7 and going 0-1 or 0-2.

Now we have gone around the circle and are back to the logic which claims that a coach who can only make the playoffs once in 13 years is better than a coach who makes it 7 times. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Now we have gone around the circle and are back to the logic which claims that a coach who can only make the playoffs once in 13 years is better than a coach who makes it 7 times. Rolleyes

That's not a viable argument.....most, if not all other, NFL teams would NEVER give a HC fourteen years to win one. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote