Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi Showed A Lot Of Improvement
Granted that it was only one preseason game, and there's still room for improvement, but I was VERY PLEASED with the improvement that Ogbuehi showed today.

He looked good in the run game, as usual, but he also held his own in pass protection very well. I only watched him closely for the first half, but he only was beaten once, and it was a nice move by the defender where he faked like he was going outside, waited until Obguehi started to move that way, and made a speed move underneath to get past him. It's not an excuse, but I think it was more of a great play by the defender than it was a lapse by Obguehi.

He was bullrushed on a great move once but held his own, even though he did get pushed back.

Anyone else notice his play?

We'd obviously need to see it consistently, but am I right in feeling a bit more at ease?
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi has improved. Fisher hasn't maybe gotten worse is it time to start Andre Smith?
Reply/Quote
I am no longer worried about Cedric Ogbuehi. He has my admiration for exhibiting grace under pressure and improving at his craft. He's not where he needs to be yet but he's not going to get Andy Dalton maimed anymore either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope it's a trend and not a mirage. It would go a long way in helping this offense reach it's potential sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Granted that it was only one preseason game, and there's still room for improvement, but I was VERY PLEASED with the improvement that Ogbuehi showed today.

He looked good in the run game, as usual, but he also held his own in pass protection very well.  I only watched him closely for the first half, but he only was beaten once, and it was a nice move by the defender where he faked like he was going outside, waited until Obguehi started to move that way, and made a speed move underneath to get past him.  It's not an excuse, but I think it was more of a great play by the defender than it was a lapse by Obguehi.

He was bullrushed on a great move once but held his own, even though he did get pushed back.

We'd obviously need to see it consistently, but am I right in feeling a bit more at ease?
I have been tracking him all three preseason games and I had a couple games saved from last year and he is a different player.. finally in his short career he has been able to practice and play all preseason for the first time and at his natural position.. he is a has had a good preseason.. to think Dalton was sacked one time in what would probably amount to an entire game in the time he played total in the three games,, we have to be happy with that from our line and against three teams considered playoff contenders this year...
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ogbuehi has improved. Fisher hasn't maybe gotten worse is it time to start Andre Smith?
Ogbuehi has only improved for one game, so not out of the woods yet, but I don't think Fisher has looked too bad.
(08-27-2017, 10:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I am no longer worried about Cedric Ogbuehi. He has my admiration for exhibiting grace under pressure and improving at his craft. He's not where he needs to be yet but he's not going to get Andy Dalton maimed anymore either.
It was just ONE GAME, so I'm not ready to act like he's for sure perfected his play, but I will say that I'm optimistic and no longer in panic mode.

Let's hope he keeps improving!
(08-27-2017, 10:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have been tracking him all three preseason games and I had a couple games saved from last year and he is a different player.. finally in his short career he has been able to practice and play all preseason for the first time and at his natural position.. he is a has had a good preseason.. to think Dalton was sacked one time in what would probably amount to an entire game in the time he played total in the three games,, we have to be happy with that from our line and against three teams considered playoff contenders this year...

I was worried about him because I watched him on every play in the first two preseason games and he was doing well in run blocking but his pass protection SUCKED. He didn't seem to move at all and defenders would just run at one of his shoulders and be able to run past him.

Tonight, he looked more agile and willing to move. The one time, that's how he got beat because he was sliding out wide to block the defender that was going outside and then the defender planted and cut under him, but that was just a good move and I'd much rather that happen than him just standing still and the defender running around him.
Reply/Quote
Young tackles are both doing better.

Funny how last year we cut trey Hopkins to pick up russel and Joe he is starting. Big jump by him as well.
Reply/Quote
Nothing particular stood out to me, which I guess in the case of OL that's actually a good thing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 09:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Granted that it was only one preseason game, and there's still room for improvement, but I was VERY PLEASED with the improvement that Ogbuehi showed today.

He looked good in the run game, as usual, but he also held his own in pass protection very well.  I only watched him closely for the first half, but he only was beaten once, and it was a nice move by the defender where he faked like he was going outside, waited until Obguehi started to move that way, and made a speed move underneath to get past him.  It's not an excuse, but I think it was more of a great play by the defender than it was a lapse by Obguehi.

For those in panic mode about our OL and Ced maybe now they can admit maybe they were wrong, he has not been garbage in preseason, Fisher has not been garbage in preseason, Hobkins, Bodine and Boling have not been garbage in the preseason.

I know some will say it is only preseason, but those same would chastise Ced and the OL if that got whipped like we destroyed the OL of the Redskins. Trent Williams was bet by a rookie, not once, but twice, you know all pro Trent Williams. RT Moses was beat by a rookie Willis.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I thought Ced looked particularly good pulling.

I wish he'd be more physical run blocking. There were chances when he could have really hit a safety...yet he just pushed him and the guy made a tackle.

Fisher looked bad to me. He gave up pressure on the QB a lot. Kind of looked slow.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought Ced looked particularly good pulling.

I wish he'd be more physical run blocking. There were chances when he could have really hit a safety...yet he just pushed him and the guy made a tackle.

Fisher looked bad to me. He gave up pressure on the QB a lot. Kind of looked slow.

Fisher did struggle at times, but he was not garbage in my opinion. Of course, I would never say any Bengal on the roster is garbage. I think many thought Ced would be getting beat like Trent Williams got beat last night on every drop back. He has given up no sacks in the 3 preseason games, yes I know it is preseason, but like I said if Ced got beat last night badly like all pro Williams did the haters of Ced would be out in force reminding us they told us he was garbage.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought Ced looked particularly good pulling.

I've thought that he's been looking pretty good in run blocking. He has the will for it and always seems to be driving his legs.

I've also thought he has looked good pulling, as you said.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought Ced looked particularly good pulling.

Ced, Boling and Lafell cleared the way for Hill's TD. That safety wanted no part of Ced coming through that hole. Also I forgot that Hewitt blew up a LB on that play as well!! Nice looking play that was executed to perfection.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 10:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fisher did struggle at times, but he was not garbage in my opinion. Of course, I would never say any Bengal on the roster is garbage. I think many thought Ced would be getting beat like Trent Williams got beat last night on every drop back. He has given up no sacks in the 3 preseason games, yes I know it is preseason, but like I said if Ced got beat last night badly like all pro Williams did the haters of Ced would be out in force reminding us they told us he was garbage.

I don't think Fisher played that good yesterday. IMO, his worst game so far. You're right, not garbage.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those in panic mode about our OL and Ced maybe now they can admit maybe they were wrong, he has not been garbage in preseason, Fisher has not been garbage in preseason, Hudson, Bodine and Boling have not been garbage in the preseason.

I know some will say it is only preseason, but those same would chastise Ced and the OL if that got whipped like we destroyed the OL of the Redskins. Trent Williams was bet by a rookie, not once, but twice, you know all pro Trent Williams. RT Moses was beat by a rookie Willis.

Who? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who? Confused

I blame it on the old age and the drugs, the drugs from 45 years ago.

TY for the reminder I am old.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I blame it on the old age and the drugs, the drugs from 45 years ago.

TY for the reminder I am old.  Smirk

LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Much better, just what i wanted to see. Og is good at pulling in the run game. People need to give him some credit here.

Fisher had a rough game but it happens. He played much better in the first two Preseason games.

I am not as worried about Og as i was which is great. He was the guy i was concerned about but with more snaps he should just get better.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
Credit where credit is due. Cedric Ogbuehi didn't look abysmal, for a change. I'll upgrade his status to average for the day.

However, Bodine is back on the shit list. After Phil Taylor left with his injury, his backup came in and started manhandling poor Russell like a chubby kid at a summer camp.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've only watched the 1st quarter so far but up to that I'm feeling a little better about our LT. Hopefully he's starting to get it !
Reply/Quote