Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cedric Ogbuehi took a step forward
(08-13-2017, 09:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: To be blunt you really have no idea what you're talking about

Cool story. 

I was trying to not be a richard, but in kind, I think you are talking out your ass about him "taking a step forward" just because they ran short quick passes with no deep drops or long developing routes to specifically hide his inability. 
Reply/Quote
The idea that a player is max out by 25 in their talent and progression is just so factually wrong... plus the idea that our game plan was designed around our left tackle is another lack of fact statement... did you watch our offense last few years.. we throw the ball quick, plus there were times our QB could have waited since the protection was good but WRs were open, sure you can design some of your formations to your strength and away from your weakness at times.. but not a entire game plan..... we also ran the ball well, I guess we ran the ball to protect our Left tackle... Hilarious 
well it is a bit useless to really attempt to  debate with someone that has that type of flawed logic... Keep drinking the Kool Aid Brother
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 08:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'll have more time to thoroghly discuss this tomorrow when I can re-watch the entire game.
I've only had time to watch the first drive a few times to focus on 70, 61 and 66.

So you watched a few drives and have his entire future figured out.  I just hope you use your powers for good and not evil.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 09:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Cool story. 

I was trying to not be a richard, but in kind, I think you are talking out your ass about him "taking a step forward" just because they ran short quick passes with no deep drops or long developing routes to specifically hide his inability. 

You keep talking like you have more knowledge that you can possibly have.  How do you know what the game plan was?   You made assumptions.  Lots of them.  I'm still laughing over the idea that a guy can't physically change at 25, that a man cannot become stronger as he enters his physical peak.

The Bengals have been running a quick passing game since Gruden.  Who have they been hiding all that time?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Claming that the worst ' starting' OT in the NFL last year has 'taken a step forward' based off a few pre season series is hilarious.

That would be akin to saying Amir Garrett is back on track after he pitches one inning of perfect ball in his next AAA start.
Reply/Quote
Seems to be an impasse about the future of Ob in this thread. Can't wait for next week so we can continue this discussion.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:30 PM)treee Wrote: Seems to be an impasse about the future of Ob in this thread. Can't wait for next week so we can continue this discussion.

49ers/Chiefs replay is coming on NFL Network in 20 minutes. A chance to look at what KC will bring to town next Saturday.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 01:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm not too encouraged at all right now. Still saw the same sort of issues he had last year that will inevitably be a problem this year. 
Until he stops opening his hips and firing wide, he will be a liability. 

I'm not impressed that he looked marginally better as the backups rotated in for Tampa. 

Trey Hopkins and Christian Westerman were the standouts on the OL yesterday. 
Alex Redmond showed some promise too. 

I didn't really pay much attention to Westerman, but I agree, Hopkins and Redmond looked pretty good.  Hopkins had a real nice game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 11:06 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After putting on my ex coaching glasses , I attempted to evaluate Cedric from the 1st half taping the game without the added advantage of a coaching session, play and line calls that you would have at your disposal in a real coaching setting.. So here it goes

I looked Run blocking, Pass Blocking and Other Areas and gave a Overall Grade and Evaluation

RUN BLOCKING
This was the strongest area of his game last nite.. he had nice push on a few blocks, seemed to know his assignment, he one bad block but that is going to happen in a game.. Overall Solid job

PASS BLOCKING
He was good on first contact, was good on movement off the ball and decent on pushing upfield on pass protection.. Where he was weak was not continue his block and continue his feet movement but he did not allow a sack and linemen also know the play call so they will adjust their blocking to that.. for example if he knows it is a quick pass read.. a tackle does not want to get beat inside so he will be content on pushing the Dline outside and may give some space upfield knowing the pass will be gone rather than be beat on a inside move that could put the rusher in line of sight of QB or Pass, that is why just trying to make evaluations from TV is much harder .

OTHER AREAS:
Penalties/Assignments:   From what i could tell his assignments were solid, he seemed to know the play, who to block etc zero penalties

Hustle;  Area of improvement for sure.. needs to stay with plays better downfield and play to the whistle

OVERALL GRADE:  C TO C+-  Good overall in run game, Great in zero penalties, assignments look good, good off the snap, lacking though in continuation of blocks and playing to the whistle.  

The big reason he really took a step forward is look where this guy was at end of last year.. ZERO CONFIDENCE... the mental game is so important in football and more than some of you know with lineman... they almost never have a play off.. and this was his first chance for real live action football ( not practice, ligh scrimmages, line drills etc) since the ending of his terrible season last year.

For him to come away with zero sacks, zero penalties, and a few very positive plays on film is such a great start to building his mental game... Munoz has said it a couple times.. he has the skills, he has to find the mental game to release those skills and last night he took a step forward on that.

Thanks for this Essex, great analysis. This is what needed to happen more than anything for us to win the AFC North.

The run game should be really good this season for once with Og and Fisher improving, Boling being 100% and Hopkins
playing like this. Not to mention the new stud RB we got. Mixon is my leading candidate for rookie of the year right now.

Dude is a beast, seriously. Great vision, patience, hands, size and has that quick twitch and just is a natural.
Reply/Quote