Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi continues to improve
(08-20-2017, 12:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok so tell me where my reality is wrong.. box score on LT.. zero sacks, zero penalities, he did not drop a pass i believe no negative plays on the Left side while he was in.. pancake block on a pull ... 

I'll explain all those things, as soon as you finish explaining where those mythical points were coming from...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll explain all those things, as soon as you finish explaining where those mythical points were coming from...

ha ha.. so what you are saying is you can;t
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:56 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ha ha.. so what you are saying is you can;t

No, not saying that, at all.  What I'm saying is, just because Cedric O. didn't give up a sack, does not mean that he played well.  And, you cannot manufacture points on the score board, by assuming that "if certain things hadn't happened".  By that same logic, "If your Aunt had balls, she would be your Uncle".  See what I mean?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, not saying that, at all.  What I'm saying is, just because Cedric O. didn't give up a sack, does not mean that he played well.  And, you cannot manufacture points on the score board, by assuming that "if certain things hadn't happened".  By that same logic, "If your Aunt had balls, she would be your Uncle".  See what I mean?

Ok, we scored 6, i felt we could score 10 without a drop.. so now please explain your NON Reality.. on the sacks.. LT are pretty much looked upon not to give up sacks... and our LT has given up zero sacks in the time he has played in two game.. reality brother.. also i gave a bit more on his overall performance than just lack of sacks.. your logic is what now.. still don;t see any in terms of Cedric ...  :andy:

See what i mean

So please help me on these areas 

Negative plays:  How many did he have tonight

Penalties:  how many did he have

Sacks:  We already know that answer
Reply/Quote
Ced has been much better than I expected. If this O-Line holds up....can have something special here!

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
This is fake news. Ced still stinks. He has improved i guess. To worst player ever, to worst starter .
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:36 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This is fake news.   Ced still stinks.  He has improved i guess. To worst player ever, to worst starter .

Nope..  you must have watched the CNN replays of his play tonight.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally disagree.. he had a nice pancake block.. overall the 1st team moved the ball.. they have given up 1 sack in two games.. we had a clear drop by AJ that killed a drive i believe.. Cedric handled himself well against a strong defensive team.. sure he was not perfect but who the hell is.. i will take no sacks in two game all day.. plus no major mental mistakes and he blocked just fine overall on run and pass.. 

Ummmm the "pancake block" was against a CB who loses his balance with twisted up feet during the "pancake". Did I mention he probably has a 125 lb. weight advantage or more on the guy ?

The defender fell down but it was not a smashing, driving, pancake by any stretch.

It wasn't a horrible game by Ogbuehi and there's probably some signs of a little improvement. But using words like solid game, nice pancake block, no major mental mistakes are stretching the facts - bad !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:03 AM)Joelist Wrote: The entire OL played like hot garbage, including Og. He got dominated in the run game and had at least two flat out lapses out there in pass protection.

It shouldn't surprise anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The line was bad overall. Ced had some decent plays, but he also got beat on some rushes and didn't block that well on runs. He did pancake a guy on one which was nice to see.

But the line was bad.

We were more than a drop and penalties away from being competitive. We got destroyed out there.

But the Maestro / Piano Man is such a renaissance man because he plays classic piano and is a Bernie Sanders supporter per Paul Daugherty. This in itself makes him a worthwhile coach per Daugherty. I could give a rats behind and only care if he can coach up players. Who gives a F*** what his politics are! He could be a Pol Pot as far as I am concerned I just want a good offensive line and win football games!

There is so much crap being said about how good Alexander is that makes me want to throw up! He advocated for Ced and Fisher. If either of these guys turn out to be bums Alexander HAS TO GO because he not only can't coach but can't evaluate talent. But I root for a team owned by Mike Brown who sees coaching changes heartbreaking regardless if the coaches aren't worth crap!

Reply/Quote
Just because he had zero sacks doesn't mean squat. How many pressures did he allow? At least three-four times I saw his men flying past him to get to Dalton. Once he was just standing there with nobody to block, as Dalton ran for his life. Bad night for the Oline period.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's fine if they just run straight at him and he doesn't have to move. When they do that, he sustains the block fine, but if they go at his inside shoulder or outside shoulder where he has to move, he struggles.

You would think he would have no problem mirroring defenders with his "elite athleticism."

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogbuehi looks better because the rest of the offensive line looks worse.  What I saw last night was part and parcel of this two and a half decade joke played on Bengaldom by insisting Paul Alexander is the long term answer as the offensive line coach in Cincinnati.  Drafting Joe Mixon and placing him behind people who can't run block is a disservice to our young rookie who will be called a bust at the end of this season through no fault of his own.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you talking about the game tonight?

Dalton had a 78.4 rating. McCarron had a 44.6 rating.

The run blocking was bad. Dalton was under pressure a lot.

The only time Ced's man hit Dalton or AJ was when Dalton was flushed out of the pocket by interior OL mistake and Dalton was flushed and 55 hit him by the right sideline as he released the ball. The fact is Ced was one one of our better OL tonight, Fisher and Hudson were not. So yes the OL played poorly, but it was not on our LT, not tonight. He h=also did well in the run blocking, Fisher and Hudson did not. Boling was solid so one bright spot.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 09:00 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: Just because he had zero sacks doesn't mean squat. How many pressures did he allow? At least three-four times I saw his men flying past him to get to Dalton. Once he was just standing there with nobody to block, as Dalton ran for his life. Bad night for the Oline period.

Watch the tape, one hit and pressure, not 4. A QB is expected to step up and away from pressure with our QB's did at times. Once that happens that DL is out of the play.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok, we scored 6, i felt we could score 10 without a drop.. so now please explain your NON Reality.. on the sacks.. LT are pretty much looked upon not to give up sacks... and our LT has given up zero sacks in the time he has played in two game.. reality brother.. also i gave a bit more on his overall performance than just lack of sacks.. your logic is what now.. still don;t see any in terms of Cedric ...  :andy:

See what i mean

So please help me on these areas 

Negative plays:  How many did he have tonight

Penalties:  how many did he have

Sacks:  We already know that answer

Some that have him under that microscope blown up 100 times larger start only looking for any mistake versus starting by looking for any positive. They have no objectivity as their mind is made up before the first sanp and they are just looking for any small thing to boost their ego of their vast football knowledge. It is painfully obvious.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 09:45 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cedric Ogbuehi looks better because the rest of the offensive line looks worse.  What I saw last night was part and parcel of this two and a half decade joke played on Bengaldom by insisting Paul Alexander is the long term answer as the offensive line coach in Cincinnati.  Drafting Joe Mixon and placing him behind people who can't run block is a disservice to our young rookie who will be called a bust at the end of this season through no fault of his own.

I suspect that we will hear something from the team this week, along the lines of "Trust the process".  While that may seem like a popular thing to say, we, as fans, have trusted the process.  We've trusted the Paul Alexander process so many times, and we know how this story plays out.  

While you're not the first one to call for a change of OL coach, you're certainly not alone in that sentiment.

At this point the Bengals need to do something, NOW.  Whatever it takes, they need to do something out of character, drastic.  Perhaps inspire some sort of deal that sends McCarron and Ogbuehi away, and brings in a starting quality Tackle.  Even if it is one of those crazy 3 team sort of deals, whatever it takes.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 08:59 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: But the Maestro / Piano Man is such a renaissance man because he plays classic piano and is a Bernie Sanders supporter per Paul Daugherty.  This in itself makes him a worthwhile coach per Daugherty.  I could give a rats behind and only care if he can coach up players.  Who gives a F*** what his politics are!  He could be a Pol Pot as far as I am concerned I just want a good offensive line and win football games!

There is so much crap being said about how good Alexander is that makes me want to throw up!  He advocated for Ced and Fisher.  If either of these guys turn out to be bums Alexander HAS TO GO because he not only can't coach but can't evaluate talent.  But I root for a team owned by Mike Brown who sees coaching changes heartbreaking regardless if the coaches aren't worth crap!

PA also advocated for the likes of Dennis Roland, Nate Livings, Eric Ghiacuc, and I remember hearing that the main reason we hung on to Brad St Louis so long in 09 was because PA didn't want to part ways with "one of my guys"... Hell remember the laughable Jason Shirley experiment? PA may know a thing or two about the X's and O's of the offensive line, but when it comes to an eye for talent? The man sees as well as Helen Keller.

Unfortunately for us, the Bengals are a family business. And a critical mistake many family businesses make is keeping on struggling employees. PA has clearly been accepted into the Brown clan as one of their own. I believe Marv has as well. And Pacman  Whatever  It's disgusting, I don't agree with about 75% of what the family believes/does but what can ya do? Just stick with the Brown's Bengals and hope that one day the light comes on (but who here is holding their breathe?) Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll explain all those things, as soon as you finish explaining where those mythical points were coming from...

Come on man, he gives you zero sack and zero penalties (facts) and you call them myths. Ced was by far not our worst OL lineman last night, the scary part as our OL unit stunk was he one of the best (last night) albeit he was not flawless or close to it.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 09:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I suspect that we will hear something from the team this week, along the lines of "Trust the process".  While that may seem like a popular thing to say, we, as fans, have trusted the process.  We've trusted the Paul Alexander process so many times, and we know how this story plays out.  

While you're not the first one to call for a change of OL coach, you're certainly not alone in that sentiment.

At this point the Bengals need to do something, NOW.  Whatever it takes, they need to do something out of character, drastic.  Perhaps inspire some sort of deal that sends McCarron and Ogbuehi away, and brings in a starting quality Tackle.  Even if it is one of those crazy 3 team sort of deals, whatever it takes.

I would absolutely love that. I remember last year the Dolphins were something like 1-4 and they sent two of their Olinemen packing. Many saw that as them throwing in the towel but what happened? They went on quite a winning streak and made the playoffs. Tannehill isn't the greatest but he was clearly the best on that roster, who knows how far they would have gone if he didn't get hurt...

Anyway, a drastic change would be fantastic right about now. Just something, anything to light a spark. 
Reply/Quote