Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi feels comfortable in return to right tackle
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/08/cedric-ogbuehi-feels-comfortable-at-right-tackle/

“With this technique, the right side is kind of better for me, using the hands more,” Ogbuehi said, via Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “With the old technique, I think the left was a little bit [better]. Coming in at right, at a new position, I felt comfortable. Feeling comfortable is a big part of it. I played it. I know what to expect now. I know a lot; like what to do better than last time. I’m excited for the challenge. I’m excited for camp.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Would be great if the new coach can turn him into a decent player. At least the season probably does not rise and fall on it this time around.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 04:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/08/cedric-ogbuehi-feels-comfortable-at-right-tackle/

“With this technique, the right side is kind of better for me, using the hands more,” Ogbuehi said, via Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “With the old technique, I think the left was a little bit [better]. Coming in at right, at a new position, I felt comfortable. Feeling comfortable is a big part of it. I played it. I know what to expect now. I know a lot; like what to do better than last time. I’m excited for the challenge. I’m excited for camp.”

Something I've hears consistently from all the linemen that talk about Pollack this offseason...It makes me wonder if Ogbuehi was actually coached to bear hug edge defenders which is what we've seen from him for 2 seasons.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 04:30 PM)McC Wrote: Would be great if the new coach can turn him into a decent player.   At least the season probably does not rise and fall on it this time around.

Yeah, I'm not in the camp of, "Well wasted draft pick, let's move on from him."  Like most early round draft picks I think it is better to hope he can improve and be a benefit to the team.  Let's hope he is working hard to live up to his draft position.  I'd like to think he is.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Dude blows chuncks cut him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If by "new technique" they mean he can now transform into a mean, ugly bastard? Then yeah, he might have a legit shot at winning the job. However, it's quite easy to feel like a mean, ugly bastard in shorts and helmets. We'll see how well it translates when the pads go on, later this month.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
lol@ feeling comfortable

scouts all said he did not have the strength or tenacity to succeed in the NFL

they were correct
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 07:13 PM)cooper Wrote: lol@ feeling comfortable

scouts all said he did not have the strength or tenacity to succeed in the NFL

they were correct

Most linemen have to gain strength when entering the NFL. It's very common on all NFL draft profiles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Anyone else follow Ogbeuhi on Instagram? All it is is him partying or "getting ready to go out". Hardly anything that shows he's dedicated to football. Now maybe he's only posting the stuff with his buddies because he finds that more post-worthy than gym sessions (I believe there's one with him using an ab wheel). But based on his play these past couple of years I wouldn't be surprised if he had a weak work ethic.
Reply/Quote
I certainly do not feel comfortable about him feeling comfortable about even having a roster spot.

He should be feeling pressure and working his tail off.

Hope Pollack can work magic with him but not holding my breath. Yet still hoping.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wait a minute...didn't Og start out on the right, or was slated to do so but didn't do much of anything because of recovery from injury? And then didn't he and the Bengals say in year 2 that he'd move to the left because "that was his natural position?" And now he's going back to the right side? He's running out of positions AND directions.

Oh, and by the way Og….it ain't where you're comfortable, it's where you're effective. Nothing he's done so leads me to think anything other than he's about as good as he's going to get.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 08:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Anyone else follow Ogbeuhi on Instagram? All it is is him partying or "getting ready to go out". Hardly anything that shows he's dedicated to football. Now maybe he's only posting the stuff with his buddies because he finds that more post-worthy than gym sessions (I believe there's one with him using an ab wheel). But based on his play these past couple of years I wouldn't be surprised if he had a weak work ethic.

Most people on Instgram from what I have seen tend to post their leisure time stuff more often than not.  I have friends in various professions that post on IG and they don't post for example, "Here I am working hard repairing a busted pipe," or "Here I am after spending the last 2 hours solving this server crash."  They post about their time off, having fun, their families and such.  You know the things that really matter because your work should not be your life.  Yes, Ogbeuhi is a Bengals player and thus his posts are more public and open to scrutiny.  However, if you spent most of your day working out and practicing, would you feel obligated to post it on social media?  Or would you rather your IG posts not be about work stuff?  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 04:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude blows chuncks cut him.

Takes 1 bad player, 1 sack, 1 INT to cost you the playoffs, the win..... the SUPER BOWL.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 09:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Most people on Instgram from what I have seen tend to post their leisure time stuff more often than not.  I have friends in various professions that post on IG and they don't post for example, "Here I am working hard repairing a busted pipe," or "Here I am after spending the last 2 hours solving this server crash."  They post about their time off, having fun, their families and such.  You know the things that really matter because your work should not be your life.  Yes, Ogbeuhi is a Bengals player and thus his posts are more public and open to scrutiny.  However, if you spent most of your day working out and practicing, would you feel obligated to post it on social media?  Or would you rather your IG posts not be about work stuff?  

All fair points and I agree with you. But most other NFL players are constantly showing themselves training or in practice, while occasionally posting something fun. They show themselves doing what they're passionate about. Most seem to show an appreciation and dedication to being an NFL player. Again, I agree that most people never show themselves in their work environment and I get that aspect. But these guys are playing a game for a living. If I were in an NFL players shoes and used social media (I don't) my page would be full of myself proving time and time again I've earned my spot in the league. I'd show what I'm most passionate about, and that certainly isn't going out for some beers with my buddies.
Reply/Quote
Pollack can.coach him.up.all he wants.
But Og at the end of the IMO just doesnt have enough of that tenacious streak
to hold up.at LT or RT.
you can teach all the foot work hand placement angles etc etc but its no good without
some kind of fire to go.with it.
i hope he proves me wrong i really do.
i just dont think.he has a passion to dominate the man across from him
Reply/Quote
I still hope ALL Bengals players find success at an extremely high level. I've never hoped any Bengal player would wash out . I'm always perplexed to read certain posters desires to see Bengals players fail. I just don't understand the logic or lack thereof ..
Reply/Quote
Dude blows chunks cut him. Oh wait, somebody already said that, sorry. Sick
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:41 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Pollack can.coach him.up.all he wants.
But Og at the end of the IMO just doesnt have enough of that tenacious streak
to hold up.at LT or RT.
you can teach all the foot work hand placement angles etc etc but its no good without
some kind of fire to go.with it.
i hope he proves me wrong i really do.
i just dont think.he has a passion to dominate the man across from him

I agree with this. I think CO suffers from the same thing that held Margus Hunt back, which is just a lack or the required mean streak. Hunt had every tool in the tool chest, except that one thing. CO is much the same, he allows himself to be dominated. If Pollack can fix this, great, but if not he needs to be gone.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: Most linemen have to gain strength when entering the NFL. It's very common on all NFL draft profiles.

wrong...........some ..not most

and the scouts were correct in this case
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 08:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree with this. I think CO suffers from the same thing that held Margus Hunt back, which is just a lack or the required mean streak. Hunt had every tool in the tool chest, except that one thing. CO is much the same, he allows himself to be dominated. If Pollack can fix this, great, but if not he needs to be gone.

lol@ mean streak

..so let me get this straight..getting nasty and mean is going to make ced stronger so that he does not get pushed around by every defensive lineman in the league?
Reply/Quote