Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi feels comfortable in return to right tackle
(07-14-2018, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like what SHRacer said, move Glenn to RT and put Boling at LT.

LT - Boling
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Glenn

Gets our 5 best Lineman on the field, then get our chemistry going. Boling has the feet for LT and the athleticism.

Glenn would be a road grader alongside Redmond.
I sorta like that line you named there, Nate.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 03:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like what SHRacer said, move Glenn to RT and put Boling at LT.

LT - Boling
LG - Westerman
C - Price
RG - Redmond
RT - Glenn

Gets our 5 best Lineman on the field, then get our chemistry going. Boling has the feet for LT and the athleticism.

Glenn would be a road grader alongside Redmond.

I see what you guys mean by getting the best 5 on the field, but I'm not a fan of moving guys. Especially ones like Glenn and Boling, who have been manning those positions their entire careers. Let them stay where they're proven, IMO. If you move them to new spots, they become more question marks on a line that needs more answers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I see what you guys mean by getting the best 5 on the field, but I'm not a fan of moving guys. Especially ones like Glenn and Boling, who have been manning those positions their entire careers. Let them stay where they're proven, IMO. If you move them to new spots, they become more question marks on a line that needs more answers.

I'm not in favor of moving Glenn, mainly because LT is so important.  Bolling, however, started at RG his rookie year as well as seeing spot duty at RT and LT during his career.  If Redman and Westerman both impress and Og, Fisher, and Hart are as bad as expected, I have no problem moving Bolling to RT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I see what you guys mean by getting the best 5 on the field, but I'm not a fan of moving guys. Especially ones like Glenn and Boling, who have been manning those positions their entire careers. Let them stay where they're proven, IMO. If you move them to new spots, they become more question marks on a line that needs more answers.

Definately understand all of this Shake, it is just a thought that i like if both Westerman and Redmond play too good
to not start on the line. We will see what Pollack decides.

(07-16-2018, 02:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not in favor of moving Glenn, mainly because LT is so important.  Bolling, however, started at RG his rookie year as well as seeing spot duty at RT and LT during his career.  If Redman and Westerman both impress and Og, Fisher, and Hart are as bad as expected, I have no problem moving Bolling to RT.

Definately another thought. Cool
Reply/Quote

Totally agree. You learn to read things from a position and try to perfect it. So much so you earn your ways to the pro's.  Bouncing around to other positions mentally screws with your vision and mechanics. Makes you look like you don't deserve to be there.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 10:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You said the same thing about William Jackson after his rookie season, correct?

Lighten up man.  No need to call people "looney" when they have as much chance of being correct as you.

I liked the Willie Jackson pick much better than the Ross pick for a number of excellent reason. Jackson has everything you want in a corner and it was clear he had it through college.

Jackson was ready to come off IR and put in the work. The team just took the wrong guy to return early.

I hope Ross plays well, real well. But I'm not banking on it. I wasn't banking on Jackson having a stellar 2nd year either, but I did know that he was ready.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 04:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/08/cedric-ogbuehi-feels-comfortable-at-right-tackle/

“With this technique, the right side is kind of better for me, using the hands more,” Ogbuehi said, via Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “With the old technique, I think the left was a little bit [better]. Coming in at right, at a new position, I felt comfortable. Feeling comfortable is a big part of it. I played it. I know what to expect now. I know a lot; like what to do better than last time. I’m excited for the challenge. I’m excited for camp.”

Yeah, Ogbuehi felt comfortable last year too. He still sucked.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 07:52 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah, Ogbuehi felt comfortable last year too. He still sucked.

He's going to feel really comfortable sitting on the bench.  Or, hopefully on his couch on Sundays.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 08:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: He's going to feel really comfortable sitting on the bench.  Or, hopefully on his couch on Sundays.

Maybe Anthony Munoz can teach Ogbuehi how to be more comfortable...by selling him a Serta mattress.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he's feeling comfortable, but I'm not.

Oh how I want him to make us feel comfortable by emerging as the force PA thought he was.   I just don't think he has the head or the heart.
Reply/Quote