Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi feels comfortable in return to right tackle
(07-08-2018, 09:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Most people on Instgram from what I have seen tend to post their leisure time stuff more often than not.  I have friends in various professions that post on IG and they don't post for example, "Here I am working hard repairing a busted pipe," or "Here I am after spending the last 2 hours solving this server crash."  They post about their time off, having fun, their families and such.  You know the things that really matter because your work should not be your life.  Yes, Ogbeuhi is a Bengals player and thus his posts are more public and open to scrutiny.  However, if you spent most of your day working out and practicing, would you feel obligated to post it on social media?  Or would you rather your IG posts not be about work stuff?  

I, for one, definitely agree with this philosophy but some people feel that you should dedicate as many hours as possible on your profession/craft until you are at the top (and some would even say continue in order to stay at the top). Interestingly, I see at least some of those people who preach that to not actually do it themselves...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 11:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: I like this idea, but they seem pretty interested in keeping Glenn and Boling together. I think we are better suited to do this honestly as I have more faith in a Hopkins Westerman combo with Boling at RT than any other combo. 

Remember when Peyton Hillis got over 1600 yards from scrimmage and double-digit TDs running behind the left side of Steinbach and Thomas? Maybe the Bengals are thinking the same philosophy for Joe Mixon...have a very good side and primarily run that way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remember when Peyton Hillis got over 1600 yards from scrimmage and double-digit TDs running behind the left side of Steinbach and Thomas? Maybe the Bengals are thinking the same philosophy for Joe Mixon...have a very good side and primarily run that way.

I mean if you know your weak side you can keep a TE on that side attached, motion a WR in to crack and release, or even use a HB in a chip and release. The issue we had last season was both sides and the middle were bad, which makes it hard to scheme around.
Reply/Quote
dont know why people get offended when others disagree..guess it blows up their fantasy world or pretend coaching expertise..we are all bengals fans and should respect that

ced played for texas A and M..had no pocket to protect the majority of his time there..75% reports on the dude had serious concerns about him playing at the pro level

its been two years and those reports were accurate

we got glenn, we have drafted a good center and westerman may be our next RT..lets hope it wrks out..if so there is enough talent on this club to go to the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:30 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm not comparing just saying it's common to read core strength needs to be better in most draft profiles.

Also I'd say Ogbuehi's issue is more technique and aggressiveness than strength. He allows defenders into his chest and try to bear hug them I don't care how strong you are when you give up leverage your going to lose.....See Russell Bodine.

i respectfully disagree..you might wanna study ceds performance in college..at A and M  he did not have to protect any pocket and there were serious concerns about him doing so at the professional level

never like Paul alexander but he was a good line coach for a number of years and has developed some very good players

Ced is a back up at the very most
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: I still hope ALL Bengals players find success at an extremely high level. I've never hoped any Bengal player would wash out . I'm always perplexed to read certain posters desires to see Bengals players fail. I just don't understand the logic or lack thereof ..

I don't think there's a single Bengal fan alive that wants Ogbuehi to fail. It's more like we've seen enough of him to know that he will fail (again). I'm sure every one of us "Ogbuehi haters" would be ecstatic if he proves us wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I don't think there's a single Bengal fan alive that wants Ogbuehi to fail. It's more like we've seen enough of him to know that he will fail (again). I'm sure every one of us "Ogbuehi haters" would be ecstatic if he proves us wrong. 

I'd be the first one to eat crow.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 04:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/08/cedric-ogbuehi-feels-comfortable-at-right-tackle/

“With this technique, the right side is kind of better for me, using the hands more,” Ogbuehi said, via Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “With the old technique, I think the left was a little bit [better]. Coming in at right, at a new position, I felt comfortable. Feeling comfortable is a big part of it. I played it. I know what to expect now. I know a lot; like what to do better than last time. I’m excited for the challenge. I’m excited for camp.”

Hey, at the very least he seems to be gaining a touch of confidence, he never seemed to have any before.

Pollack is doing a good job man.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, at the very least he seems to be gaining a touch of confidence, he never seemed to have any before.

Pollack is doing a good job man.

not correct..last year at this time ced was telling everyone he felt much more confident now that he was moving back to left tackle

we have not played a game yet  who knows if pollack is doing a good job..did not like Paulie..but he had some very good players and offensive lines during his tenure

as always..if this offensive line does well..this team can do very well
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I don't think there's a single Bengal fan alive that wants Ogbuehi to fail. It's more like we've seen enough of him to know that he will fail (again). I'm sure every one of us "Ogbuehi haters" would be ecstatic if he proves us wrong. 

Respectfully, most, I'll give you.  Maybe even nearly all.  All...no.  Same with Ross haters.   Being right is the be all end all to some, above all else.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

hes already failed as a starter in the NFL..if he can become a reliable backup, which I doubt..god bless him and the team
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: Respectfully, most, I'll give you.  Maybe even nearly all.  All...no.  Same with Ross haters.   Being right is the be all end all to some, above all else.

problem is you fail to realize damage done to the rest of the team..quite possibly the injury to our quarterback if the Ced experiment continues..

nobody hates John Ross..including myself..yet..and in consideration of the problems we had on our offensive line..we should have traded back and concentrated on linemen

but some of you think that John Ross is the answer to everything..another vertical threat..we will be unstoppable..give me a break..this is the NFL, the good NFL teams will find a way to cover him

of course if Ced is in there Dalton wont have the time to throw the ball :andy:
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: Respectfully, most, I'll give you.  Maybe even nearly all.  All...no.  Same with Ross haters.   Being right is the be all end all to some, above all else.

True  Whatever Sad, but very true. 
Reply/Quote
On topic please, fellas.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:51 PM)cooper Wrote: not correct..last year at this time ced was telling everyone he felt much more confident now that he was moving back to left tackle

we have not played a game yet  who knows if pollack is doing a good job..did not like Paulie..but he had some very good players and offensive lines during his tenure

as always..if this offensive line does well..this team can do very well

I don't know about you but it just feels different this year.

I wasn't holding my breath with Og being good last year and it was extremely stupid to pin all our hopes on it.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:08 PM)cooper Wrote: problem is you fail to realize damage done to the rest of the team..quite possibly the injury to our quarterback if the Ced experiment continues..

nobody hates John Ross..including myself..yet..and in consideration of the problems we had on our offensive line..we should have traded back and concentrated on linemen

but some of you think that John Ross is the answer to everything..another vertical threat..we will be unstoppable..give me a break..this is the NFL, the good NFL teams will find a way to cover him

We have addressed the offensive line for the most part.  And as far as Ross goes, you have made your point (repeatedly) clear.  I hope your ready to eat crow when he lights it up this year.  And no, Ced isn't going to be starting anywhere on the line.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 02:08 PM)cooper Wrote: problem is you fail to realize damage done to the rest of the team..quite possibly the injury to our quarterback if the Ced experiment continues..

People probably think I hate John Ross as well, but in fact, I don't hate him at all. I hope he has a great year.

That said, I did hate the pick. I'm really, really against picking an oft injured guy in the first round, and very, very, very, a lot, mega a lot against drafting an oft injury guy with a pick that should bring in an elite Pro Bowl caliber player. My ire on this goes to the team for picking him there, not to Ross, although I'm not happy with how Ross handled himself last year.

I don't understand those who say he's going to light up NFL defenses and he's amazing, etc, etc. If he were that good he'd have managed to do something last year, even being injured some. I'm all for hoping he does well and even great, but for people to come out with blind optimize about him is rather looney and unwarranted.

Hopefully Ross will show that the team made a wise choice by actually lighting up defenses and even earning a Pro Bowl appearance, which is more or less what I'd be hoping for any top 10 pick we had.

Ced was just another injured pick in the first round and one that I've never been happy with. Hasn't Ced ended each of his 3 years with the team on IR? I think he has.

Reply/Quote
After Year 1: Sure he looked absolutely awful, but he was coming back from an injury.

After Year 2: Sure he looked absolutely awful, but LT is his natural position, not RT.

After Year 3: Sure he looked absolutely awful, but with this new technique, RT is his better position, not LT.

After Year 4: Take a guess.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Like any player injured early in his career (Og, Ross, WJ3, Dennard), I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to see what he'll do when healthy. Jackson and Dennard came into their own, Ced...didn't. I'm keeping an open mind about Ross. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 04:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/08/cedric-ogbuehi-feels-comfortable-at-right-tackle/

“With this technique, the right side is kind of better for me, using the hands more,” Ogbuehi said, via Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “With the old technique, I think the left was a little bit [better]. Coming in at right, at a new position, I felt comfortable. Feeling comfortable is a big part of it. I played it. I know what to expect now. I know a lot; like what to do better than last time. I’m excited for the challenge. I’m excited for camp.”

" Despite hype that Ogbuehi is receiving and hints that he’s being considered to start at right tackle, the Bengals need to learn their lesson and sit Ogbuehi on the bench this year. Yes, it’s possible Pollack is molding him into a better player, but it’s highly doubtful that he’s going to be good enough to start for the Bengals at right tackle this year and if he truly is the team’s best option, that’s scary and uninspiring."

Off cincy jungle.

This is pretty much my thinking. 
Reply/Quote