Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi has allowed the most pressures through week 7
According to Gil Brandt on Twitter,

Ogbuehi has given up 5 sacks and 23 pressures allowed.

Tied for 3rd most sacks allowed and most pressures allowed...

Thoughts?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Seems about right
Reply/Quote
Here's the top of the list from the tweet for those interested.

Reply/Quote
I recently saw a quote that said he's allowed more pressures than the rest of the line combined, so I guess this is no surprise. He's been historically bad. I kinda feel bad watching a guy flame this hard.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Seems like these are the kind of things that get figured out in training camp/preseason. With him out yet again this preseason I'm not so sure he should have been thrust into the starting lineup immediately. Of course, this is all in hindsight so it's hard to say if the decision would have been any different if he played all preseason and looked this bad.
Reply/Quote
My take away....Mediocrity (Eric Winston)at the RT position would greatly benefit our OL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My initial thought is "how bad would it be if Andy did not get rid of the ball so quickly"?
Reply/Quote
To anybody that watches the offensive line; are they helping Ced at all with chip blocks or anything?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:30 PM)J24 Wrote: To anybody that watches the offensive line; are they helping Ced at all with chip blocks or anything?

I think most of his issue is mental.  From what I've seen (I haven't studied him on every play, only casually watching the games) it seems like he is letting a lot of guys run free.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think most of his issue is mental.  From what I've seen (I haven't studied him on every play, only casually watching the games) it seems like he is letting a lot of guys run free.

He's also struggling with the bull-rush, and that's physical. He's the total package.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How long are the coaches going to let Andy keep getting punished?

They need to just bench his ass and be done with it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:12 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: My initial thought is "how bad would it be if Andy did not get rid of the ball so quickly"?

Imagine if the AJ McC crowd got their way and he was starting. He does not move around like Dalton.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 04:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's also struggling with the bull-rush, and that's physical. He's the total package.

So... other than the mental and physical aspects of the game, you're saying there are no concerns? Ninja
Reply/Quote
I knew building through the draft was a crap idea!
Reply/Quote
I think he is playing like a rookie who has been injured most of his career.

Not sure how the coaches can justify playing him over Winston if they really want to try and win this year. Maybe its best for Ced to take a seat and continue to learn and develop at practice/on the bench. No shame in that. Hes basically a rookie this year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
No surprise at all, I don't see how anyone can say anything other than 'Ogbuehi has been absolutely abysmal'. Certainly no need to give up on the guy long term, but give up on him for this season as he is getting destroyed game in, game out. Sub him onto the field, but don't play the guy as a starter, it's not good for the team or good for him. Go again next season and see if he can improve in his 2nd full season.
Reply/Quote
He's been worse than I could imagine. And I was totally against this guy from the moment I heard his name . No way no how the Bengals would draft him again . Yes he's that shitty
Reply/Quote
Andre didn't start full time until year 3. I'm going to be patient with Ced. He does need to share reps with Winston though.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 05:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think he is playing like a rookie who has been injured most of his career.

Not sure how the coaches can justify playing him over Winston if they really want to try and win this year. Maybe its best for Ced to take a seat and continue to learn and develop at practice/on the bench. No shame in that. Hes basically a rookie this year.

True that Weezy, he just does not look right. Must be from that injury, cause it is both mental and physical as Shake said.

Start Winston and let Og come in at times in the Jumbo package or something. We cannot lose games cuz of one dude.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: According to Gil Brandt on Twitter,

Ogbuehi has given up 5 sacks and 23 pressures allowed.

Tied for 3rd most sacks allowed and most pressures allowed...

Thoughts?

Could tell he was bad, but that's baaaaaaaad.

I wonder if he's tradeable?

Reply/Quote