Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi plugged back in as starter
http://www.cincinnati.com/wlna/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/10/17/cedric-ogbuehi-plugs-back-starter/92314466/

Apparently Marv is content to flush the season down the tubes for the sake of developing one player.

Through the first 5 games, Ogbuehi allowed 22 pressures (according to PFF). More than the rest of the line combined.

I'm sure that didn't improve any against the Pats.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I know.. Marvin pissed me off when I read his talking today. How could you continue to put him in? Beyond me. I'd rather watch Winston out there. Oh yeah about eifert, we will see I dont knowwww
Reply/Quote
Our coaches forgot we drafted back to back tackles last year. So Ogbuehi is a long ways off. Has fat soft piano man coached Fisher up so well that playing him isn't even a consideration?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our coaches forgot we drafted back to back tackles last year. So Ogbuehi is a long ways off. Has fat soft piano man coached Fisher up so well that playing him isn't even a consideration?

Fisher is soft, charmin soft, just like in the Dhani Jones at MLB days.  Fisher is a total finesse player, doesn't have the mean in him to drive anyone down field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Who wants the best guy in as a starter? That's a silly idea, Shake.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who wants the best guy in as a starter? That's a silly idea, Shake.

Ikr? It's not like we had expectations going into the season. May as well let the guy get killed develop.

Maybe we can use the high pick Ogbuehi helps us get to pick a replacement for Dalton, who will probably be broken soon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Amazing ! Just keep running him out there, to hell with the Andy and the season ! There was a sweep to the right that Ogbuehi just looked around on and didn't block anybody. RB taken down in backfield.

This coaching staff is a complete joke.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why you'd announce that on Monday. Why not say, " We're going to evaluate this week, see who looks good in practice, and make a decision on that later." It adds a little mystery to the opposing D game plan and makes guy fight for a spot.
Reply/Quote
Artist's rendition of Ogbuehi and Dalton during gametime.

[Image: Howdy-Doody-puzzles.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Who knows: In 81 we benched Ken Anderson for poor play and brought him back the next week. He went on the win NFL MVP.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:01 PM)Brimey Wrote: I don't know why you'd announce that on Monday. Why not say, " We're going to evaluate this week, see who looks good in practice, and make a decision on that later." It adds a little mystery to the opposing D game plan and makes guy fight for a spot.

I doubt opponents change their gameplan much based on if Winston or Ced play RT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/wlna/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/10/17/cedric-ogbuehi-plugs-back-starter/92314466/

Apparently Marv is content to flush the season down the tubes for the sake of developing one player.

Through the first 5 games, Ogbuehi allowed 22 pressures (according to PFF). More than the rest of the line combined.

I'm sure that didn't improve any against the Pats.

I wish I could say I'm stunned.  

This staff never ceases to amaze me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I doubt opponents change their gameplan much based on if Winston or Ced play RT

It would be nice to at least see how he looks in practice this week.  Make him fight to earn back his spot.

And like others, I really wonder how bad Fisher must look... weren't the Bengals considered legitimate Super Bowl contenders to start the season?  It appears they get further and further from that goal just about every single day.
Reply/Quote
The only way a player can really get better is by playing him. Just like a baseball player hitting their way out of a slump. You don't stop giving him at-bats, you continue to let him take his swings.

Before we write off Ogbuehi, we really need to let him try to develop as the year goes on. Growing pains.
Reply/Quote
The entire right side of the line has been a disaster this season. Benching Og raised a vague hope that there would be at least a tiny touch of accountability but then Marvin walks it right back.

Really Og, Zeitler and Bodine should all be benched as a lesson in accountability. Put Fisher in at RG and Winston in at RT and Johnson in at C and make the point that if you play like crap you sit.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:08 AM)Joelist Wrote: Really Og, Zeitler and Bodine should all be benched as a lesson in accountability. Put Fisher in at RG and Winston in at RT and Johnson in at C and make the point that if you play like crap you sit.

You don't accomplish anything by benching players when their back ups are not as good.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't accomplish anything by benching players when their back ups are not as good.

Yes you do. You make the point that bad play = bench. And really they have been so bad that who knows? The backups might be even a little bit better. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:35 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yes you do. You make the point that bad play = bench.

But that is just stupid if you don't have someone better to play.

I seriously doubt these guys are saying "Yeah, I could play better, but no need to because I won't get benched."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't accomplish anything by benching players when their back ups are not as good.

I'm not sure how many pressures Winston allowed in his last stretch as starter, but I seriously doubt it was 4.4 per game. I thought Winston looked decent when he subbed for Andre a couple years ago. Ogbuehi currently looks much worse than decent.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our coaches forgot we drafted back to back tackles last year. So Ogbuehi is a long ways off. Has fat soft piano man coached Fisher up so well that playing him isn't even a consideration?

Fisher clearly can't beat out Og or Winston.

When we get down to grading the 2015 draft in the next year or two it could go down as one of the worst in Marv's tenure.

Reply/Quote