Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi turning a corner?
(06-07-2018, 12:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Which brings up another point......playing for a paycheck.  If that's the case, he'll just lay back down after getting paid.

Exactly 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 01:49 PM)depthchart Wrote: What would the Dallas O-line look like today had Alexander been there for the past two plus decades influencing personnel decisions ?

Heaven ?   Mellow

I'm thinking a little further south than heaven..... Mellow

(06-07-2018, 02:18 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I'm sorry but you don't choose to be a girly man, you are born that way.  

Keywords here.... "padless practice"

And anyways who cares. Even if ced actually plays well -- which he won't -- the bengals best not give him a contract offer. He was the high draft pick we needed on the line and he failed miserably.. I know our entire line was trash last year but nobody else was drafted that high. He came out with a demeanor of just getting a paycheck.. no hustle,  no heart, etc.. 

a little bitter he is even on the team still.

I totally get the sentiment, and I agree wholeheartedly......just makes one wonder if he does play halfway decent ball.....

However, there are those guys out there (contrary to what some would have you believe) that need a foot up their ass, and a drill sergeant in their ear to get them going.  I don't think the previous position coach was that guy, seems the current one is.  We'll see.

Either way, ideally, I'd like to see Glenn return to form, and Jake Fisher find his footing and just move on from Ogbuehi.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 02:18 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I'm sorry but you don't choose to be a girly man, you are born that way.  

Keywords here.... "padless practice"

And anyways who cares. Even if ced actually plays well -- which he won't -- the bengals best not give him a contract offer. He was the high draft pick we needed on the line and he failed miserably.. I know our entire line was trash last year but nobody else was drafted that high. He came out with a demeanor of just getting a paycheck.. no hustle,  no heart, etc.. 

a little bitter he is even on the team still.

Pretty sure Andre Smith was here last year and drafted higher than Cedric.. But carry on with your hate.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 02:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pretty sure Andre Smith was here last year and drafted higher than Cedric.. But carry on with your hate.

Lol 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 12:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: File this in the WAY too early to tell category, but is it possible that Og has began to turn things around in the Queen City under Pollack?  I'll believe it when I see it, but if this is indeed the case, just how bad was Piano Man?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/6/7/17434272/cedric-ogbuehi-making-big-strides-with-frank-pollacks-help-bengals-offensive-line

Man, if Pollack can instill that WANT to finish that would say something. I just don't know if that is possible with Ogbuehi.

This is something you usually have or you don't. I can see it with Fisher, but not with Ogbuehi.

Sure do love our new O-line coach though, dude is the complete opposite of PA and might be able to motivate Og, you
never know. I just doubt it with this guy. He has great athleticism but he really needs to work on his strength and most
of all he needs to learn how to finish and want to be great. I don't know if the latter is something you can coach.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 01:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Part of why I am skeptical of Ogbuehi turning things around?  Then, after 3 years in the pros, he's still making those same mistakes, at this point they're habits.  What I'm fearful of, is that Pollack can teach him how to do things correctly, but when the going get's tough, he'll simply revert back to what he always done.  It's human nature.

A good coach can work on technique, until he's able to do it blindfolded.  However, the coach cannot instill the "nasty" gene into a man that doesn't already have it.  The urge to physically dominate and control one's opponent seems to be something that certain people are just born with.

Gordon from Dodgeball was able to find a way to unlock the "nasty" gene after spending his whole life up to that point being a very nice guy.
[Image: r-023y.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 12:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Which brings up another point......playing for a paycheck.  If that's the case, he'll just lay back down after getting paid.

Isnt everyone in the NFL playing for a paycheck?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 03:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Isnt everyone in the NFL playing for a paycheck?

Most are likely playing for Direct deposits nowadays versus the traditional paper paycheck.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Of course he looks "powerful and in control" during underwear football. He was drafted for his athleticism. He SHOULD look good in padless practice. I'll believe it when they put pads on and someone bull rushes him. Let him try to stop Carlos or Geno..... when he can do that, I'll be impressed. Until then, I hope it's true, because if Glenn or someone else gets hurt, he's likely a starter again..... but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
Since a corner is 90 degrees, and he is good turning 90 degrees pass blocking, I'd say there is a good chance he is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 03:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Since a corner is 90 degrees, and he is good turning 90 degrees pass blocking, I'd say there is a good chance he is.

Hopefully he turns the corner, walks straight down the hall, and exits the building.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 03:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Isnt everyone in the NFL playing for a paycheck?

I think you know what I meant, but I'll bite......playing well for a paycheck.  AKA Albert Haynesworth Syndrome.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 12:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I heard he was doing MMA in the offseason, went back to his Olympic workout routine, he was unstoppable when playing as Whitworth for the practice squad, and he finally moved back to his natural position. Marvin said he was the best 4th year bust 1st round LT he had ever seen.  Ninja

Ogbuehi Turning A Corner:
[Image: corner-fail.gif]

Anyone Who Is Actually Buying Into This:
[Image: bridge-to-sell1.png]

Yep.  Anybody who ever says anything even remotely good about any Bengal just has to be a damn liar.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 02:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm thinking a little further south than heaven..... Mellow

I totally get the sentiment, and I agree wholeheartedly......just makes one wonder if he does play halfway decent ball.....

However, there are those guys out there (contrary to what some would have you believe) that need a foot up their ass, and a drill sergeant in their ear to get them going.  I don't think the previous position coach was that guy, seems the current one is.  We'll see.

Either way, ideally, I'd like to see Glenn return to form, and Jake Fisher find his footing and just move on from Ogbuehi.

Different kinds of people respond to different kinds of leadership.  Some people do respond best to drill sergeant types.  

As far as Og's mindset goes, that could be part of the issue.  However, in any endeavor, people tend to either be more timid or overcompensate when they aren't confident.  We know Lazor wasn't happy with Paul's blocking schemes and Pollack talked about simplifying things.  If Og wasn't confident about where he was supposed to be, who he's supposed to block, techniqy, etc, that can easily lead to a timid attitude on the field.  

At the end of the day, somebody is going to have to play a whole lot better than they did last year if RT isn't going to be a problem.  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 12:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: is it possible that Og has began to turn things around

(06-07-2018, 12:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ogbuehi Turning A Corner:

(06-07-2018, 05:37 PM)McC Wrote: Yep.  Anybody who ever says anything even remotely good about any Bengal just has to be a damn liar.

McC coming to the rescue like:
[Image: 2477713.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
he might be the worst draft pick in Bengals history but I'm supposed to believe because he looks good in shorts he has turned the corner..fml.
Reply/Quote
I just hope Pollack gets something out of Ogbuehi or Fisher.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If OG can just could be a decent backup i would be happy for him.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Yay a post about a back up that’s almost serviceable as a back up. Well it’s an improvement over some of the threads that have been started around here lately.

I hate this time of the season.
Reply/Quote
The unknown person known as "the source said" can't be all wrong can they? 

I always wanted to be "the source said." 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote