Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi turning a corner?
So Pollack has made him more powerful in a couple of weeks huh? Right!
Reply/Quote
I am ready to see them in pads not only for Cedric O but for Ross as well.
Reply/Quote
i'm not holding my breathe for him to turn things around, but maybe, just maybe when we didn't pick up his option it finally clicked that if he didn't figure it out he would be without a job. It's amazing what the thought of being broke can do for a guys work ethic
Reply/Quote
If this is true, it really does make you wonder about the coaching that came before.

Also, there is something about this team that they respond best when they are being treated badly. Dalton got booed at a baseball game and went on to have a incredible year. Maybe the coaches are too soft on the team?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, I want to believe that Pollack is some kind of OL whisperer, but I not gonna get sucked in on this one. With MMA boy, I'll believe it when I see it. If he proves me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.
Reply/Quote
Who knows? Maybe Ced will be an Evan Mathis type, but one that didn't have to leave to improve. Who knows how many great Olinemen failed to achieve their fullest potential under Paul A?

Personally, I don't care if it's a first round pick who starts or a UDFA. The best performer ought to win the job. We just need 5 guys who can hold a pocket and open holes. I don't care when they were drafted or which school they played for. Just f'ing block.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 01:16 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: If this is true, it really does make you wonder about the coaching that came before.

Also, there is something about this team that they respond best when they are being treated badly. Dalton got booed at a baseball game and went on to have a incredible year. Maybe the coaches are too soft on the team?

Yep....you get the premise of the thread.  It wasn't so much about Og as it is the new attitude at the position coach and how it may rub off on even our worst lineman.  Some people can't see the forest for the trees....FML

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: McC coming to the rescue like:
[Image: 2477713.jpg]
I'm LeonardLeap.  I hate everything.  How cool am I?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be if Ogbuehi actually stepped his game up. He is young so i still have hope. The major medical issues with our two projected starters made me really want solid depth. And a castoff and bust didnt qualify.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, if Pollack can instill that WANT to finish that would say something. I just don't know if that is possible with Ogbuehi.

This is something you usually have or you don't. I can see it with Fisher, but not with Ogbuehi.

Sure do love our new O-line coach though, dude is the complete opposite of PA and might be able to motivate Og, you
never know. I just doubt it with this guy. He has great athleticism but he really needs to work on his strength and most
of all he needs to learn how to finish and want to be great. I don't know if the latter is something you can coach.

I tend to be skeptical too about the inability to teach things like want to and smarts. He seemed particularly without the latter.

But I would be thrilled if Og turned out this year - for whatever reason.

We do not have a truly viable candidate at right tackle. I desperately want one or more of these guys to turn out.

We'll see, but right tackle is the only true gap in the offense.
Reply/Quote
heard OG took up kick boxing this off-season. and he's returning to his natural left tackle spot In which he played 10 games in college. man I'm pumped, I know he looked like a turnstile the first 4 years but hes now wearing cut off hooded sweat shirts it on.
Reply/Quote
If he is able to turn it around, I will happily eat crow.

They'll have to forgive me if my expectations aren't very high, however.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
What on earth can kick boxing contribute to his deficits??

I'd be happier if he was mud wrestling and doing simple arithmetic flash cards.
Reply/Quote
Going to have to pretend to be from Missouri on this one.

Because Ced is going to have to "show me".

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 12:33 PM)3wt Wrote: I tend to be skeptical too about the inability to teach things like want to and smarts.   He seemed particularly without the latter.

But I would be thrilled if Og turned out this year - for whatever reason.

We do not have a truly viable candidate at right tackle.   I desperately want one or more of these guys to turn out.

We'll see, but right tackle is the only true gap in the offense.

That is the thing 3wt, i have seen the mean streak that you need in a RT with Fisher when he was healthy.

Have never seen anything nasty out of Ogbuehi. Hard for me to believe he would just get a nasty streak just cause
Pollack is here and i have been loving everything Pollack has said and done so far. I figured Pollack could coach up
Fisher, Westerman and Redmond into decent players, just from what i have seen of Og he is a lost cause.

But if Pollack can coach up Ogbuehi into something decent it will be extremely impressive and as Wyche says will
say a lot about Piano Man.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 05:20 AM)McC Wrote: I'm LeonardLeap.  I hate everything.  How cool am I?

I'm McC.  I eat up all Bengals propaganda I read, regardless of how improbable it is that one of the worst players in all of football is going to turn into a great player overnight because I either can't, or choose not to, think for myself... so I like to attack other people's reasonable disbelief regardless of how many times I have been burnt in the past.  How cool am I?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 02:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm McC.  I eat up all Bengals propaganda I read, regardless of how improbable it is that one of the worst players in all of football is going to turn into a great player overnight because I either can't, or choose not to, think for myself... so I like to attack other people's reasonable disbelief regardless of how many times I have been burnt in the past.  How cool am I?

I have seen McC very negative about the Bengals before, he is not DennyG or something, just saying...
Reply/Quote
I hope he does figure it out. I am tired of him looking like a traffic cop directing the opponents to Dalton. If our offensive line can figure out how to block I think we can take the division. After all, with no holes to run through how do we establish a running game, other than Andy running for his life due to his line having the stopping ability of a broken condom.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 01:39 PM)3wt Wrote: What on earth can kick boxing contribute to his deficits??

I'd be happier if he was mud wrestling and doing simple arithmetic flash cards.

Hilarious

He should take up boxing, "keep your hands up dummy!!"
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 01:39 PM)3wt Wrote: What on earth can kick boxing contribute to his deficits??

Kick boxing would be great for O-linemen because it improves balance and hip flexibility.

But I don't see it fixing Ogbuehi's problems.
Reply/Quote