Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi turning a corner?
(06-09-2018, 11:55 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I really hope he turns the corner, but....to me it would be like me waking up one morning, and suddenly I'm a football player! I may be more of a football player to start with, as I'm no quitter ( even if I'm hurt ) and I'd do anything to keep from losing, even on a so-so team. I've yet to see these qualities in this guy, all I've seen so far is the big "L" on his forehead. IF he's suddenly playing for a paycheck, trade him off to the first team that loses a tackle, because we don't need guys like that on our team, there's no future there. Hopefully, Pollack IS a miracle worker, but even if he's not I'm glad we have him, I've seen enough old schemes to make me puke, and Dallas will be sorry sooner rather than later,imo.

I couldn't agree more.  As to Pollack, that is more what I aimed for when making the thread......more discussion on him, rather than Ced, but the title probably doesn't exactly nudge the conversation that way, so that's my fault....lol.

Either way this goes, I would part ways with him.  I'd be very skeptical of him if he suddenly plays well.  I'd have to question the motivation for the sudden improvement.

(06-10-2018, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would file this under "Yes, the practices aren't even in pads yet, but if they get ANYTHING out of him now, it is found money".

Should he be able to win the job at RT and succeed, the Bengals have lots of options.  They could keep him and let him stay there, or let him hit FA and maybe end up being a nice compensatory pick.  The guy I really want to win the RT job is Fisher.  I don't know him, personally, but I like what I hear of him:  Tough, feisty, and driven.  If he has a clean bill of health, I think he could be a very solid contributor.  I really like the fact that he took to heart the offseason program and put on significant size and strength a year ago.  If your heart isn't functioning correctly, it is like trying to win a car race with a bad engine...you have no chance.  

Ced just seems to have some indifference to him.  Now, if Fish falls flat on his face and Ced has a great season, would I be disappointed?  Hell, no.  I just find myself rooting for Fisher.  

If he comes out playing well, I'd try for a trade with a team that needs a T, like Bengalsrob mentioned.  I feel more comfortable with Fisher out there.  He may not have played that well, but at least he didn't quit on plays like Og.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 06:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be fair, he has increased his strength since he arrived in Cincinnati.  Where I believe he struggles is concentration and how to handle a bull rush.  The bull rush is as much technique as it is strength.  He would also do something that looked great one play and then horrible the next.  

Stranger things have happened.  I don't think anyone thought Evan Mathis was going to become what he became after leaving Cincy, although I can't think of too many cases where someone flat out sucked and played well elsewhere.  

as far as strength is concerned he went from pitiful to just bad..watch the game films..scouts were not wrong about this dude..it is what it is ..he has failed at both R  and L tackle positions
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 11:05 AM)cooper Wrote: as far as strength is concerned he went from pitiful to just bad..watch the game films..scouts were not wrong about this dude..it is what it is ..he has failed at both R  and L tackle positions

more than willing to see what another year with a new coach can bring..
Reply/Quote