Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogunjobi on PUP
Injury unknown. Could be minor, but we have zero depth at DT. This could be a problem.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Injury unknown. Could be minor, but we have zero depth at DT. This could be a problem.

Fwiw, they said on 700 it was a hamstring injury.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 04:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, they said on 700 it was a hamstring injury.

Ehhh Those are touchy as far as return time tables go

hopefully its not bad enough for him to still be on pup when the season starts
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 04:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ehhh Those are touchy as far as return time tables go

hopefully its not bad enough for him to still be on pup when the season starts

He tweaked the hamstring yesterday at the conditioning test.  It is not considered serious.  Right now he is day to day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Did we ever sign Margus Hunt? I thought he was just coming in to his own as a rotational DT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did we ever sign Margus Hunt?  I thought he was just coming in to his own as a rotational DT.

there is nothing on his wiki page at the moment

so i guess hes a free agent
Reply/Quote
"say hello to my little WREN" time to step up big guy
Reply/Quote
Hunt or Geno are options if they're healthy/have anything left in the tank. Two big IFs for both of them. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did we ever sign Margus Hunt?  I thought he was just coming in to his own as a rotational DT.

Hunt was actually our best DLineman come years end. 

Exaggerating some but he was certainly better then I ever remembered him being. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:39 PM)kalibengal Wrote: "say hello to my little WREN" time to step up big guy

Wouldn’t hold your breath. If not now, wren?
Reply/Quote
IF it’s just a hamstring,as was reported,we dodged a Bullit there.Could always be a lot worse.He is expected,or should be a major contributor to the defense this year.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hunt was actually are best DLineman come years end. 

Exaggerating some but he was certainly better then I ever remembered him being. 

If he was going to be a DE, it should have been at DE in a 3-4 to begin with.  I think it wasn't hard to stand out in last year's crop of DTs, but his learning curve was pretty steep given where he started.  I like him on the field at DT. 
Reply/Quote
Great. We could be back in the same situation as last year, when Geno was never healthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bring geno back now no question
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: IF it’s just a hamstring,as was reported,we dodged a Bullit there.Could always be a lot worse.He is expected,or should be a major contributor to the defense this year.

Imo hamstrings and groins are the worst when it comes to anything but a tear...
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Injury unknown. Could be minor, but we have zero depth at DT. This could be a problem.

Lots of cheap DE's still on the market including Geno. Also, I think more to follow as cap casualties occur as rookie beat out vets for teams who need cap space now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: IF it’s just a hamstring,as was reported,we dodged a Bullit there.Could always be a lot worse.He is expected,or should be a major contributor to the defense this year.

It's only one of the primary muscles that he uses to power himself upfield.  Once injured, they continue to nag and flare up at any given moment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 07:16 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bring geno back now no question

No way Geno will come back here.  He was one of the bets 3T tackles in the league but our genius coaching staff decided he should move to head up on the center.

Geno will sign with a team that knows how to use him properly.  Look what a difference it made in Dunlap's production.
Reply/Quote
Son of a *****. I picked him as my breakout player, too. Hope it doesn’t linger and become an issue.

Reply/Quote

I guess the Bengals should have seen this coming, seeing how they signed him for a bargain rate of $6.2M..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote