Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogunjobi on PUP
We don't have a known commodity behind him, but Sample is a player to keep an eye on at 3T.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 08:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: We don't have a known commodity behind him, but Sample is a player to keep an eye on at 3T.

Sample is also on PUP with a hamstring issue

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If this thing lingers, then I'd be in contact with Jurrell Casey.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Injury unknown. Could be minor, but we have zero depth at DT. This could be a problem.

We have more depth at DT than DE.. Daniels is a veteran and then we have 2nd year player mckenzie then behind them, 3rd year player Akinmoladun, 4th year player Tupou and rookie Shelton.  Still not sure about Wren status for season though

What do we have at DE backups: Sample rookie, Ossai rookie, 2nd year Bledsoe and Kareem and that is it.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 06:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If he was going to be a DE, it should have been at DE in a 3-4 to begin with.  I think it wasn't hard to stand out in last year's crop of DTs, but his learning curve was pretty steep given where he started.  I like him on the field at DT. 

I liked him at DT as well. All he had to do was use his tremendous power to bull rush, and he was quite disruptive and in the backfield a lot. Not to mention the passes he was able to knock down. I'd sign him for another year.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:30 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have more depth at DT than DE.. Daniels is a veteran and then we have 2nd year player mckenzie then behind them, 3rd year player Akinmoladun, 4th year player Tupou and rookie Shelton.  Still not sure about Wren status for season though

What do we have at DE backups: Sample rookie, Ossai rookie, 2nd year Bledsoe and Kareem and that is it.

Wren has been fully cleared for practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hope it is not too serious, thought Larry O was going to be one of our major upgrades this season.

Bring in either Hunt or Geno or another DT now please... Whoever is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If this thing lingers, then I'd be in contact with Jurrell Casey.

Is Casey healthy? If so, hell yeah, would be my top option.
Reply/Quote
He had a hamstring injury in Cleveland last year, maybe this hasn't fully healed?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: Wren has been fully cleared for practice

Thanks
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:30 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have more depth at DT than DE.. Daniels is a veteran and then we have 2nd year player mckenzie then behind them, 3rd year player Akinmoladun, 4th year player Tupou and rookie Shelton.  Still not sure about Wren status for season though

Kareem is my darkhorse for the Bengals biggest breakout player. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 05:00 PM)GodFather Wrote: He had a hamstring injury in Cleveland last year, maybe this hasn't fully healed?

It probably did heal, unless it was serious and it was kept under wraps. The sucky thing is that some players are just prone to certain kinds of injuries.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Casey healthy? If so, hell yeah, would be my top option.

He's rumored to be mulling multiple offers. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope it is not too serious, thought Larry O was going to be one of our major upgrades this season.

This.

Our DTs last year were every bit as bad as OGs. And a healthy Reader plus Ogunjobi are many times better than the guys we are looking to start at OG.

I have been saying for a while that DT would be the most improved area on the team.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:25 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Kareem is my darkhorse for the Bengals biggest breakout player. 

Damn good dark horse.

I like how Kareem uses his hands and with Hubert out in a rotation Kareem could get his.

(07-30-2021, 01:54 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's rumored to be mulling multiple offers. 

Hope we put one in. We got dough.

(07-30-2021, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Our DTs last year were every bit as bad as OGs. And a healthy Reader plus Ogunjobi are many times better than the guys we are looking to start at OG.

I have been saying for a while that DT would be the most improved area on the team.

The inside on both sides of the ball needed the most help but man, we had 4th stringer preseason guys playing at DT last year.

Geno just wasn't healthy at all and it was extremely obvious. I don't know if Geno even got a TFL last season let alone a sack.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Well we were into 6,7 and 8 on the depth charts at DT last year and bringing guys in off the street. Even if Ogunjobi misses time, we have Topou and Wren back. It's got to be better
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The inside on both sides of the ball needed the most help but man, we had 4th stringer preseason guys playing at DT last year.

(07-30-2021, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well we were into 6,7 and 8 on the depth charts at DT last year and bringing guys in off the street. 

Same thing happened at CB.

Good teams probably have better second string guys than the Bengals, but no team in the league has good players lower than that.
Reply/Quote