Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogunjobi to IR-XSF activated
His season is over...which really really sucks

Some OL depth is gained with the activation of XSF

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:00 PM)pally Wrote: His season is over...which really really sucks

Definitely sucks. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:00 PM)pally Wrote: His season is over...which really really sucks

The Ogunjobi news is big. He was a force on the DL. He had seven sacks and 49 tackles. But he went out with that great fumble recovery that allowed the Titans game to even take place.
Reply/Quote
Next man up. I'm lookin' at you BJ Hill.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This is disappointing for him and the team, but injuries are part of the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kinda saw this coming, but was hoping he could be back. I really hope he's back in Stripes next year. Big fan of him as a player.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:13 PM)jason Wrote: Next man up. I'm lookin' at you BJ Hill.

Yep, really glad we have BJ Hill right now. 
Reply/Quote

Damn...he was really good quality depth piece for the d-line.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, really glad we have BJ Hill right now. 

BJ Hill is sorta already up and having a good season. Big boy Shelvin better perform well if rotated in.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is disappointing for him and the team, but injuries are part of the game.

And early enough that can try to address the issue. Not like the devastating Tim Krumrie injury in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: BJ Hill is sorta already up and having a good season. Big boy Shelvin better perform well if rotated in.

Is Topou (spelling) back in the rotation? 

Hill is having a good year, we def need Shelvin to step up.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, really glad we have BJ Hill right now. 

I'd never heard of the guy when that trade was made, and as bad as Price had been, I was puzzled as to why they shipped off OL depth. That trade was a steal... Captain Obvious just told me we REALLY need Hendrickson to clear the protocol this week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:18 PM)magikod Wrote: Damn...he was really good quality depth piece for the d-line.

Depth piece?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:22 PM)jason Wrote: I'd never heard of the guy when that trade was made, and as bad as Price had been, I was puzzled as to why they shipped off OL depth. That trade was a steal... Captain Obvious just told me we REALLY need Hendrickson to clear the protocol this week.

Yeah, hellavu pickup. BJ actually has a 20 point higher PFF rating than Larry this season.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, hellavu pickup. BJ actually has a 20 point higher PFF rating than Larry this season.  Mellow

I wonder if he could maintain that rating when taking the majority of the snaps. 

Either way, it sucks that Ogunjobi is out, and I hope he heals up quickly and is back with the Bengals for the opening game next year. But I believe that BJ Hill will fill in for him well. 

We could really stand to hear some good news on Hendrickson right about now. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I wonder if he could maintain that rating when taking the majority of the snaps. 

IDK, but he finished with 50 tackles to Larry's 49 and 5.5 sacks to Larry's 7.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson being out is 10x more important that Ogunjobi.

It's a blow, but not a gigantic one. The interior will be OK without him, edge would be a huge problem without Hendrickson.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I wonder if he could maintain that rating when taking the majority of the snaps. 

Either way, it sucks that Ogunjobi is out, and I hope he heals up quickly and is back with the Bengals for the opening game next year. But I believe that BJ Hill will fill in for him well. 

We could really stand to hear some good news on Hendrickson right about now. 

I think Larry is a FA. Could be wrong though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:19 PM)magikod Wrote: Is Topou (spelling) back in the rotation? 

Hill is having a good year, we def need Shelvin to step up.

He has an MCL sprain if it is a mild one he could be back this week.  Usually, a grade 1 sprain is a 2-3 week injury.  Zac said yesterday that they will know more when they get him out on the practice field.  It is same thing with PS DT Rennell Wren's knee injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK, but he finished with 50 tackles to Larry's 49 and 5.5 sacks to Larry's 7.

Which is impressive considering Hill had 220 less snaps than Ogunjobi.

This will be a big game for BJ Hill can he become the guy and earn a contract from a young upcoming Bengals team. 

DL is suddenly really thin heading into a big week. Tyler Shelvin jas struggled but this could possibly be a game he should thrive. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote